Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Ghost in the Shell is Seinen / Sci-fi / mecha / action

Ergo Proxy is Mystery / Sci-fi / Psychological

Berserk is Seinen / supernatural / Horror

Samurai Champloo is Shounen / Adventure / comedy?

Really there's no real classification I suppose. there's a bunch more genres for these above shows but i believe these represent them the best.

Ghost in the Shell is Seinen / Sci-fi / mecha / action

Ergo Proxy is Mystery / Sci-fi / Psychological

Berserk is Seinen / supernatural / Horror

Samurai Champloo is Shounen / Adventure / comedy?

Really there's no real classification I suppose. there's a bunch more genres for these above shows but i believe these represent them the best.

Ohh, I was thinking there were some specific Japanese genre classification for them. I guess I like seinen anime then XDD

There is but it's not really a genre classification but more a demographic classification. Seinen is essentially the older brother of Shounen. Shounen is essentially targeted at male audiences in grade school  to high school. while Seinen is targeted more towards the more mature 18-40 age groups. it's just theses demographic classifications have begun to be associated with certain types of genres.

^ LOL flame. And thx for the clarification, saku!

And I just caught up on to kill la kill (ep. 19)

I took a break at ep. 15 because I was kinda loosing interest and was getting a bit confused at the story's direction, but episode 16-19 just brought everything full circle. I even found myself getting emotional with some of the events and THIS IS RARE for me. Like, srsly... I almost never get emotionally intertwined with series and kill la kill has managed to tug on my heart strings, so...JOB WELL DONE. Not to mention I think the anime is just all-around creative and entertaining. I know it's not finished yet, but this is one of the best anime I've seen in a long time!

Just finished Attack on Titan. In the end I felt like it was fairly average but enjoyable. Great setting, interesting plot, mixed character (Eren being terrible), god-awful pacing, and a couple (kinda) plot holes that bugged me. That and the ending...though I knew that was coming lol. I can't say I would really recommend it, but you could do faaaaar worse and it is still probably the best anime of 2013.

Yeah, I wasn't too overly impressed with Titan either. The premise and the musical score are pretty awesome, but I agree with the pacing being pretty bad (I didn't really start enjoying the show until towards the end), and the characters are all around flat and uninteresting. I seriously found it hard to empathize with any of them. For instance, the whole Jean and Marco relationship...when Marco died/had half his body torn off...I didn't understand why so many fans thought it was so sad - I just looked at him as a nobody character lol.

Also, I understand that titan is a fairly serious show, but I remember finding the "humorous" moments to be awkward and poorly done.

But even with all of it's faults, it's interesting how huge of a hit the show was/is. I can't recall seeing one anime so rampantly parodied lol...

Despite how much I liked Titan, I have to agree on the pacing. The battle of Trost district had like 7-8 episodes and this was really unnecessary because at some point I was like "OKAY WHEN IS THIS ARC FINALLY GOING TO BE OVER". The Female Titan arc was better in that aspect.

Apologies for the double post, but I finally caught up with Kill la Kill.

HOLY SHIT THINGS ARE GETTING CRAZY.

I honestly can't wait to see Satsuki fight while wearing Senketsu. I'm curious though, they said that Ryuko is the only one who can wear/use Senketsu because part of her DNA is connected to it, but is that the reason why Satsuki's able to use it as well, since they're sisters and have matching DNA at some points?

Kill la Kill definitely just kicked it up a notch! The last episode was very epic and I can't wait to see my favorite character Satsuki-sama in the spot light kicking Matoi's evil ass XD

^ yeah I heard it wasn't really all that great of recap either, although supposedly the animation is pretty good? That's what I heard at least... Really I would probably rather replay the game instead, since I do have it sitting on ps3 hard drive xD

I really can't wait for the new episode of Kill la Kill. This show is brilliant!

QUEEN SATSUKI IS GOING TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS.

I also finished the first episode of Noragami, and I thought it was pretty nice! I watched both first episodes of Noragami and Kyoukai no Kanata to see which one I would watch first, but I'm liking Noragami better than KNK at the moment. Once I've caught up with Noragami I'll finish KNK, then start Psycho Pass.

Started Psycho Pass, Break Blade, and Eureka Seven AO. (And yes, I'm still watching all those other series too. I need to stop.)

Only remembered when I watched the first episode of Psycho Pass that I'd already watched it when it aired. For some reason I never kept on following it but well, at least I'm here now. Break Blade was to fill my need for a mecha thing, after which I remembered that I still had Eureka Seven's second season to watch. Halfway through but reading that it starts messing with timelines had me lose my need to watch it a bit.

Noragami is still great. Hamatora is still great. Still loving Kurobasu. Diamond no Ace is a nice in-betweener. Buddy Complex is getting really amusing to watch (I'm starting to love the Dio/Aoba combo for some reason). Mahou Sensou is still a clusterfuck.

I also finished the first episode of Noragami, and I thought it was pretty nice! I watched both first episodes of Noragami and Kyoukai no Kanata to see which one I would watch first, but I'm liking Noragami better than KNK at the moment. Once I've caught up with Noragami I'll finish KNK, then start Psycho Pass.

I might check out Noragami eventually. I also need to check out Psycho Pass still!

I actually started KNK last year either around the time I started Titan or Aku no Hana, but I just don't think it was for me. The animation was beautiful and fluid, though!

On another note! I started watching Space Dandy subbed. Is this the English dub of this one any good? (I only ask because I enjoyed Bebop and Champloo dubbed). I don't really know how I feel about it yet, though.

Saw the latest Garden of Sinners movie yesterday (Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin). Not bad but not that good either. The ending left me some questions like what happened to some certain characters.

^ yeah i attended a stream that was watching that last night for their movie night... was kinda confused and then found out there's like 8 movies before it so i ended up calling it quits. but i did like what i saw, so i'll probably watch the other movies sometime. I also was informed that they're working on a tv series apparently so that's cool.

Just started watching Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda which might possibly be the best show of this season IMO. Which pisses me off because I've somehow been overlooking it for the past 8 weeks >.< I guess it just goes to show you that you win some and lose some xD Also managed to start another show from this season that I've been putting off called Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil, and it's okay... i mean the story is a bit interesting with the whole "magic lawyer" aspect and some of the characters are decent, but honestly my favorite thing about the show is the artwork.

OK, SCREW KILL LA KILL. Episode 22 had me teary-eyed pretty much the entire time. Not since I started watching ONE PIECE has a show managed to turn me into a complete bitch LOL. pfft...amazing.

That was definitely a feel good moment in that ep. Sad there's only 2 more eps left. I kinda have a silly prediction in how it's gonna end, I don't know how many of you have seen Scryed but I get the feeling it's heading towards that direction where after Satsuki and Ryuko beat Ragyo, they'll probably face each other for the lulz.

Same here! I love Satsuki's character development in this episode. Also poor Senketsu crying his eye out, haha. Can't wait for the Elite Four and Mako to kick some ass as well next episode.

Randomly decided to watch an old OVA called I'll/CKBC last night. The OVA for a manga series called I'll. It's a basketball series (someone get me out of this sports manga/anime misery). It wasn't bad but it did get me to read the manga and I'm enjoying myself reading it.

Weekly "wtf is Mahou Sensou" comment because this week's episode was another one that made me go "where is your consistency?" "where is your plot?" as they have suddenly seemed to have forgotten everything about the mom being a bitch and the brother being ridiculous.

Added RDG: Red Data Girl to the list because I felt like watching a random series one night and nothing I had could satisfy me. Three episodes in and the only thing I can think of is that I could listen to the lead boy's voice for hours. I've had it with a few other characters the voice actor has done before and I don't really understand why because he seems so disinterested in everything he does or says. Also a typical brat. Not that much into the story yet but there's more episodes to watch anyway.

^ Yeah Mahou Sensou is bad! There's no other way to put it other than the show is just done really awful... It's still not as bad as pupa though xD If you want to see how shit a show can get give it a watch.