Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Yeah I'm really hype for it since I'm a huge Type-Moon fan, I've played the visual novels to death and I loved the original Fate/Stay Night anime a lot :) 

That guy is hilarious and he always has the best reactions xD I always check out his channel when I want a good laugh :lol: and yes I do indeed believe that is a fist of the north star poster in the background.

Finished season 2 of Gin no saji recently. It was a pretty fun and heartwarming season, just like the first one. Good mix of happy and sad moments, still with a kinda hopeful ending.

Began watching Sakamichi no Apollon, since I left off with it while it was airing back in the day (around halftime maybe?), so I'm going through it all over again. Also, out of the new stuff I started Knights of Sidonia. I don't care for the CGI but I'm gonna give it a few more eps to see where it goes (the setting is interesting). Tho so far it feels like Attack on Titan - in Space! lol.

Making a bit of progress with Hunter x Hunter. I have to admit, it was very cool / refreshing to see a little black girl kicking ass...(i'll ignore the fact that she was a butler/bulter's apprentice tho lmao :P )

Still great to see. I never expect to see black ppl in anime....and honestly, why should there be? Expecting Japanese ppl to create black characters is a bit silly - but it always cool to see creators with a slightly more diverse outlook.

start watching Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team, I will give my opinion after watching

This is one of my favorite Gundam series, and one of the more "realistic" takes on the series...if you can even use that term lol

Was recommended to watch Steins:Gate since it was called like the best anime since years. But I was highly disappointed with how shity it really was. Don't have any confidence for great storywriting in anime/manga right now.

Was recommended to watch Steins:Gate since it was called like the best anime since years. But I was highly disappointed with how shity it really was. Don't have any confidence for great storywriting in anime/manga right now.

I wouldn't call it the best anime in years, but it's definitely better than some other series that have come out recently... Really though if you want to know what Steins;Gate is really about, then play the Visual Novel. The VN is infinitely better than the anime and goes way more in depth with the story, plot. characters, and just about everything else. I wouldn't consider it as an anime being the best in recent years, but as a VN I can totally see someone saying that about it as I would be inclined to agree with them.

Really though it all comes down to tastes and opinions. Do I think Steins;Gate is the best show ever or in years? No. Do I think it was good and enjoyable to an extent for what they did? Yes. Would I give it a re-watch here in a few more years? Probably.

P.S. Just so you know there is a OVA and movie out that actually continues the end of the anime and actually gives it a somewhat more satisfying ending. I would totally recommend watching them if I was you.

Blade&Soul has been a huge disappointment this season. All it has to it's name is a lifeless sack of shit for a protagonist, a barely coherent story, and really subpar animation in the fight scenes. I feel like my time was wasted but I'm going down with the ship.

Mahouka is alright but everything is too easy for Tatsuya. I'm waiting for Magneto.

Mahouka is alright but everything is too easy for Tatsuya. I'm waiting for Magneto.

Speaking of things being too easy....I was kinda getting annoyed at how easy things have been for Killua in HxH...but I'm happy to see that this has changed (or is changing) ever since he encounted that Zushi kid and how he was pretty helpless to do anything as Hisoka blocked his way in heaven's arena. I guess they're supposed to be learning "nen" on the next episode, so I have a feeling that he'll be facing some real challenges from here on out

Though despite my annoyance, it's great to see a supporting Character like Killua actually be stronger than the main, MAIN character. Gon actually having to depend on his friends, while his friends depend on him too...it's such a refreshing dynamic (and one DBZ got extremely wrong...so many useless characters..UGH). It's tiring to see always see everything come down to the main protagonist...so it's cool/interesting that the stuff Gon has achieved thus far has come through interdependence rather than independence.

I think I'm on ep. 29 - so I'm gonna knock a few more out before I hit the sack. I'm excited!

Finished watching Gundam Unicorn ep7. 1hr and 30min of visual and audio goodness but also many head scratching moments on the plot elements.  Newtype mumbo jumbo surpassing the boundaries which includes time travel and ms regeneration. I understand newtype powers emit strange phenomenon however this is straight up BS when it emerges into the physical world, and time travel is the one plot device I loathe. As of right now, my opinion on this OVA series isn't concrete since I'll have to rewatch all the eps. 6 months to 1 year schedule release sucks. It took 4-5 years to complete this series. I'm just glad it's finally over.

I'm continuing through JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders which has been fantastic so far. Feels like a shonen anime disguised in seinen looks.

I'm currently watching Ghost Hunt and loving it!

I loved it so much that I watched the entire anime in one day

up to ep 39 in HxH.....lmao @ hisoka "getting turned on" by Gon...pretty sure dude was about to climax during that that heaven's arena match lol

IS HISOKA A MEMBER OF NUDIST BEACH OR NAH? :P

tumblr_n2cpyfmfhc1s0dqjeo1_500.jpg

What I'm watching right now:

Kamigami no Asobi

Black Bullet

Akuma no Riddle

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei :D

up to ep 39 in HxH.....lmao @ hisoka "getting turned on" by Gon...pretty sure dude was about to climax during that that heaven's arena match lol

IS HISOKA A MEMBER OF NUDIST BEACH OR NAH? :P

tumblr_n2cpyfmfhc1s0dqjeo1_500.jpg

NUDISTO BEECH SPLENDID NAKED OFFICER

What I'm watching right now:

Kamigami no Asobi

Black Bullet

Akuma no Riddle

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei :D

Kamigami is a mess but I love Black Bullet and Gokukoku. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do :P

Finally got myself to check what that whole Toaru Majutsu no Index is about. Doesn't seem too bad.

@CaRaN that's how I was with Attack on Titan! For this one I don't have as much time as I did then. So I'm sort of... Watching it case file by case file. It started off slow, but I'm really into it now. Can't wait for the last two case files people are saying they're INSANE

well fuck i patiently waited for every new episode of HxH but i couldn't wait any longer this time and just read the ending in manga :( me suck 

well fuck i patiently waited for every new episode of HxH but i couldn't wait any longer this time and just read the ending in manga :( me suck 

what ending? u mean ending of the arc? because the manga didnt end yet.