• GACKT
    • HYDE (L'Arcã??enã??Ciel)
    • Sakurai Atsushi (BUCK-TICK)
    • Kiyoharu (kuroyume, SADS)
    • Sugizo (LUNA SEA)
    • Yoshiki (X JAPAN....S.K.I.N.? LMAO)
    • Kyo (D'erlanger)
    • Morrie (DEAD END)
    • Kenzi (THE DEAD Pâ??P STARS, â??NTI FEMINISM)
    • Takayuki (THE PIASS)
    • Mukai Shutoku (NUMBER GIRL, ZAZEN BOYS)
    • Kenji Å?tsuki (Kinniku Shōjo Tai, Tokusatsu)
    • Tetsu (MALICE MIZER, nil, ZIGZO, THE JUNEJULYAUGUST)
    • Kamijo (LAREINE, Versailles)
    • Koshi Inaba (B'z)
    • Full (Guniw Tools)
    • Ryutaro Arimura (Plastic Tree)
    • Eizo Sakamoto (ANTHEM)
    • Anchang (SEX MACHINEGUNS)
    • Sawao Yamanaka (the pillows, THE PREDATORS)

Kamijo - loved his work in LAREINE; I'm not a fan of his current metal direction, but I think it's great that he's still making art when the majority of his contemporaries and former band-mates have either gone behind the scenes (EMIRU) or disappeared entirely (Mayu, Machi)  Fuck anyone who says you're too old to do VK. That's what makeup is for.

I don't know much about ojisan jrockers but I always liked the performances Atsushi puts on in music videos.

He also has some of the most intense yet alluring eyes I've ever seen. He's like a Japanese vampire.

Untitled_zps5d9947c4.jpg

do you really need to ask this question CAT :P

Voted for Sakurai Atsushi and Morrie, couldn't pick between the two :(

No Chiba Yusuke or Kyosuke Himuro? :(

Still voted for like half of this list, though. Tetsu, Atsushi, Kiyoharu, Sugizo, Eizo, Morrie, Sawao, Inaba...

There are a lot of old men in my music library, it seems.

Koshi Inaba is hands down my favorite (along with the other guy in my avatar :)). Marked down a few others (Morrie, Sugizo, Atsushi, Gackt and Kiyoharu) too.

Ryuu~ : 3 Only voted for him instantly but then I noticed GACKT and HYDE, my first major interests in the Japanese music scene and slightly regret voting so quickly haha. There's too much awesomeness in one list, should have chosen all of them like before. x)

Kamijo is beating Atsushi? What world is this? OTL 

jk jk Kamijo's solo stuff is getting a good response so I'm not totally surprised. (And he's practically the "baby" of this list. XD)

Atsushi gets my vote for my favorite ojisan, tho. But so did Kiyoharu, Kyo, Kenzi, Kenji (I'm so happy someone remembered him!), and Anchang. ♥ 

So many ojisans, so little time. huehuehue

tumblr_n2xfc0cFex1sl0rr2o1_400.gif

I honestly like most of the guys on this list, but if I am being honest with myself I really need to pick Morrie, because that dude is an utter badass. While I can't say I have followed him for nearly as long as some of the other guys on this list, he is the one on this list that has created my favorite stuff in the past several years.

haha GACKT already old enough to be in that list? lol. well he will turn 42 next year :P

But the real old VK I guess I gonna choose Sakurai Atsushi since he is a bit older. And he has a greater voice somehow. Also he is way more hot than any of those others in dah list :3

I'm surprised Kamijo is even on the list, although he's been around since 93 or so, and more surprised about Tetsu as he hasn't done anything of note since he left Malice Mizer. Hakuei or maybe Akira from Mirage (since he's looked old since 1996) may have been better choices :P

Yay Takayuki. He's the most adorable 45~50(?) year old ever

I'm surprised Kamijo is even on the list, although he's been around since 93 or so, and more surprised about Tetsu as he hasn't done anything of note since he left Malice Mizer. Hakuei or maybe Akira from Mirage (since he's looked old since 1996) may have been better choices :P

Yay Takayuki. He's the most adorable 45~50(?) year old ever

Tetsu is still active in the J-music scene (and quite popular too, as a

)? Seconding Hakuei tho

KAMIJO is only 39. If you want to add him, you should add ASAGI too.

Asagi basically belongs to the same generation as DEG, Pierrot and other bands of that time though (despite his age - yes, "ojisan" status is more or less based on the era they got their "vk status" imho), since Balsamic was from that era I think ('96)? I might feel the same about Kisaki too.

Let's just forgive this list - if we were going LITERALLY along the lines of "what can be counted as a j-rock ojisan", then the list should have like 100 choices. Perhaps the topic title should be more of "

Who's your favorite (popular) J-rock "ojisan"?

Let's just forgive this list - if we were going LITERALLY along the lines of "what can be counted as a j-rock ojisan", then the list should have like 100 choices. Perhaps the topic title should be more of "

Who's your favorite (popular) J-rock "ojisan"?

Well you can't expect the list maker to know everyone. And like you said, to keep the list from being 100 miles long they had to be narrowed down to the most popular choices.  I personally felt Kisaki should have been on the list too... but I didn't write this list. XD And I think everyone probably feels like someone worth while got left out. But that's the great part about posting it in the thread is we can still talk about them anyway. ;3