Tetora

My Opinion on Nocturnal Bloodlust`s Recent Remarks and Actions against `Piracy`

But for the love of god, if you really enjoy this band and you can afford it, buy that fucking new album they're releasing is2g.

Very good post, I like how it stayed in the middle ground and took an objective view.

To me, the part quoted is what I feel may be simple, but most important for the community and even the industry.

'If I love the product enough, I will buy it.'

And

'If the fans love the product enough they will buy it.'

If the int'l community treats it this way, and if the industry can see this way working.

I tried to avoid getting involved in this one, however just to simply state my understanding of how it works:

I feel that overseas fans downloading music really doesn't effect their sales. (as stated quite a few times). As of right now, we're not really a target audience since money has not been spent to promote and distribute their goods. cds etc to overseas fans. The fact that some overseas fans even go out of their way to spend the money and buy a cd would be a bonus considering what was spent to only promote and distribute in Japan. Yes in the long run, cd and goods purchased in overseas countries will most certainly play a role in deciding a tour here or not. I don't see a bunch of uploads coming from sources in Japan, they're usually uploaded and shared through overseas fans anyway.

The one thing that annoys me most is the fact that people still pull the whole. "Well if you love the band so much you'll find a way to purchase their stuff." 
I'd like to address the fact that a large percentage of people in to visual kei overseas are teenagers who don't have the means to even buy themselves their own shampoo let alone a $40 album. Plus from personal experience, I could love a band as much as i want to but if it's between keeping my water on or making sure I have gas money to get to work and buying a cd... hell, sorry for being responsible but i'm going to choose to pay my bills. I won't have a damn thing to play that cd on if my electricity gets shut off. but at least it will look nice on the shelf. 

Another thing that was brought up was the numbers that fill the live houses this band plays at. I don't listen to Nocturnal Bloodlust so i don't have a solid opinion of their style. Regardless, whether people are downloading or not, if they like the band and have the money and are able to go see them, they'll go. Whether it be promotion and marketing, or the band just not really hitting home with their style choices... overseas downloads do not play a part in how successful they are in their own country. 

I'm not saying downloading music illegally is all A+ okay now, no. Every artist deserves the support and i can understand. I'd be pissed off too if someone started handing out something I spent a shit ton of money on and hard work and efforts to make to just anyone. I'd feel under appreciated for the amount of people who claim to like it. But it should be common sense with the way the industry is and how file sharing has been for YEARS before NB even formed. 

File sharing is and always will be there, so they need a game change because as stated somewhat before... NB has 99 problems and file sharing ain't one of them.

Being a teenager doesn't mean much in terms of not being able to buy products. Whatever you want will typically cost money. If you can't afford something then dont buy it. I didn't grew up rich or anything like that but that only thought me that whatever it is you want, you must work for it. In my case, I spent my spare time working after school and fulltime during the summer break. I could afford whatever I wanted within budget of course.

Being a teenager doesn't mean much in terms of not being able to buy products. Whatever you want will typically cost money. If you can't afford something then dont buy it. I didn't grew up rich or anything like that but that only thought me that whatever it is you want, you must work for it. In my case, I spent my spare time working after school and fulltime during the summer break. I could afford whatever I wanted within budget of course.

Well yes of course, by all means if you have the budget and save for things go ahead and buy the thing. But I mean in a generalization, a highschool student who doesn't have a job (majority here in the US) can't really be expected to have a budget to begin with. I mean yeah you have to work for the things you want but people use that statement "If you like it, buy it" like money grows on trees. Even as a college student, if the parents are putting you through college, which is thousands and thousands of dollars... I'd feel a little guilty asking them to buy me every release of all the bands I like. 

I myself don't even have the privilege to have supportive parents enough to put me through college so i work a full-time job and pay for classes out of pocket while maintaining a budget for rent, food, gas, and other necessary things for a stable life.

If you have a job, great. But what I'm saying is people have other financial priorities and in comparison to the economic state of a lot of countries, importing CDs and goods are expensive.

But what I'm saying is people have other financial priorities and in comparison to the economic state of a lot of countries, importing CDs and goods are expensive.

Indeed. And looking at how NB's releases are priced, they're not very considerate LOL. They should certainly try to make their music more affordable if they're concerned about overseas fans so much.

(I looked on itunes US, and their full-length album is priced higher than the new lana del rey album...granted, it's only a dollar more, but....really???)

Indeed. And looking at how NB's releases are priced, they're not very considerate LOL. They should certainly try to make their music more affordable if they're concerned about overseas fans so much.

(I looked on itunes US, and their full-length album is priced higher than the new lana del rey album...granted, it's only a dollar more, but....really???)

Not trying to defend Nokubura's pricing or anything, but it's not really far from the norm in the VK scene. Their DVD was a little on the expensive side, but other than that I think it's average.

And as for the iTunes thing, don't forget their album is 15 tracks long, that probably has a small impact on the price.

The messed up thing is having your name plastered on a site like that and a link to a file on your account which has more of your info and email, and both have your IP stored...

And all this can be found by prosecutors by google.

I dont think anything much will come from this, but if someone lives in Japan and they decide to prosecute through a string of unlikely events, you will have a good chance of losing and getting 1-2 years and 10k fine if you uploaded multiple files.

If in another country, there are many ways to avoid persecution, through loopholes in law or series of excuses.

One thing I want to ask is why he chose such a comical musical theme for the vids if he wanted it to be taken seriously?

Oh wow, someone found download blogs and youtube PV uploads and decided to record videos about them, using dramatic music for this. So exciting. I can totally see people stopping uploading/downloading after watching this... not. It won't be the end of these blogs, blogspot may just delete them and they will open another ones, as usual, lol.

In here downloading music and videos isn't illegal, it's allowed to do it for personal use. You can download, share it with friends, etc.

One thing I want to ask is why he chose such a comical musical theme for the vids if he wanted it to be taken seriously?

For dramatic effect of course.

The ends of the visual blogs?

It's too good to be true. VisualscandalIt's 3rd attempt, right?

The main difficulty is that you have to be copyright owner to report links, but only with stuff that belongs to you, while other links will stay.

I'm guilty, once I tried to report link on mega. Mega has rather simple form. So I filled it and put real band's email from ohp. And it worked.

So if Masa or any other antipirate knows blog adress he can report eternally.

Seriously, scare tactics...?

Look how I pan up and down these blog pages whilst playing some pseudo-dramatic royalty free track that isn't 009 Sound System Dreamscape.
It's one thing that they decide to point out these sites, but the other two videos that go through Youtube users' channels...

*UPDATE*

I highly doubt that JASRAC is even affiliated with this Youtube account, having visited the page linked in the channel the videos are amateurish. Furthermore, why is it that only Vistlip and other VK videos have been targeted? I bet more than anything it is a sole individual.

I'm really curious how much of this is directed at the home (Japanese) uploading community versus the international one? International laws make it really hard to actually do more than have some links taken down from a website and maybe issue a letter of warning hoping to scare them out of it. But if they stopped the Japanese uploaders it'd greatly effect the international community anyway. So if they were going to do anything about it, it'd make sense to go after the problems closer to home. JASRAC seems to have it a little backwards to me with those scare tactic videos...

*UPDATE*

I highly doubt that JASRAC is even affiliated with this Youtube account, having visited the page linked in the channel the videos are amateurish. Furthermore, why is it that only Vistlip and other VK videos have been targeted? I bet more than anything it is a sole individual, but kudos because it actually worked. Apparently the blog "bokushimobe" has been "temporarily" been removed by the admin (the only blog that re-uploaded my uploads and completely disregarded my timeframe request). 

That would make a lot more sense. One would think the extremely popular idol or anime theme uploads would be the first choice to go after? 

But if they stopped the Japanese uploaders it'd greatly effect the international community anyway.

Hahaha what? Most uploaders are foreigners who buy the CD or mp3s from itunes. I've never seen any Japanese people coming here to post music, they rather don't share anything.

Hahaha what? Most uploaders are foreigners who buy the CD or mp3s from itunes. I've never seen any Japanese people coming here to post music, they rather don't share anything.

Maybe it's my mistake but I always assumed not that many foreigners were the original uploaders because of the people into pirating, no one wants to actually buy their music. That those communities like visual scandal are only reposting found links, not buying and posting things. I wasn't speaking about this forum, since it's for English speakers mainly? Plus a lot of the people I've seen on other uploading sites like JPS are foreigners living in Japan to buy a lot of these releases, especially live only distro and such.

So.. their two "videos" featuring others' videos of vistlip PVs have been taken down. If that's because Marvelous Entertainment reported the links I'll laugh my ass off.

that's true !

Most of my japanese friends don't even know how to upload music... Most of them don't pirate music.

There are quite a number of articles online that claim otherwise, like this one from BBC News:

The Recording Industry Association of Japan had pushed for the move, suggesting that illegal media downloads outnumbered legal ones by about a factor of 10.

The figure is based on a 2010 study which suggested that people in the country downloaded about 4.36 billion illegally pirated music and video files and 440 million purchased ones that year.

Both sides are kinda right.

Its just a genre matter. While Nyasagi and Kles are by no means wrong, its just  the visual kei comminuty thats like that. I can probably count the actual japanese people that openly uploaded vk music with both hands.

I dont think thats because they dont know how to upload though (for some that might be a reason too). Its more about the general mindset of vk fans. they just dont want to share stuff and thats totally fine (especially "rarez").

While on the other hand filesharing is still a thing in japan (jpop etc), although im pretty sure that it declined a bit with the new laws, but i cant remembere where i read that.

I do agree that genre probably would make a big difference as well, which is also why I was curious as to why this "JASRAC" person was going after international vk sites which would be such a considerably smaller group than the Japanese pop and idol uploaders. That's just me, tho...

I do agree that genre probably would make a big difference as well, which is also why I was curious as to why this "JASRAC" person was going after international vk sites which would be such a considerably smaller group than the Japanese pop and idol uploaders. That's just me, tho...

some of the more popular bands can get 3000+ DLs http://monochrome-heaven.com/index.php?/topic/26224-uploaders-caf%C3%A9/?hl=uploader

that is roughly $100k assuming an album is ~$30, that figure is one that is tracked though. It is probably more with the untracked ones. You can imagine it would add up.

some of the more popular bands can get 3000+ DLs http://monochrome-heaven.com/index.php?/topic/26224-uploaders-caf%C3%A9/?hl=uploader

that is roughly $100k assuming an album is ~$30, that figure is one that is tracked though. It is probably more with the untracked ones. You can imagine it would add up.

Oh, I bet it does add up, I just still consider vk a much smaller pool than some other genres is all.