JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

FORBIDDEN BEAVER - a "chuggingly hardcore" outcry expressing Ruki's anguish about not being able to sleep with women that aren't attracted to pale, effiminate, emaciated, and poorly-endowed Japanese rocker types.

^ expressing Reita's anguish about not being able to sleep with women due to legal agreement w. Tomomi Ozaki restricting all kinds of relationships for 「NOSELESS」 PSCompany bandmembers to same sex only.

bc seriously it's forbidden beaver, not ELUSIVE BEAVER / SELECTIVE BEAVER / SUPERCILIOUS PUSSY

^ expressing Reita's anguish about not being able to sleep with women due to legal agreement w. Tomomi Ozaki restricting all kinds of relationships for 「NOSELESS」 PSCompany bandmembers to same sex only.

bc seriously it's forbidden beaver, not ELUSIVE BEAVER / SELECTIVE BEAVER / SUPERCILIOUS PUSSY

lmao!...Definitely a more apt theory ; )

I'm looking forward to the new single, though. I never expect anything mindblowing from the gazette, but if they can manage to include so much as a memorable/catchy riff (think: 'DISTRESS AND COMA'), then I'll be happy, hahahaha. ; )

"Kotoba yori mo fukaku, ( Even deeper than than words,)
last heaven on mine."

"That's not from CALM ENVYー It's from a new song. It turned out to be a really great song, you see."

"We should be grateful that even now we are able to create songs that even we, the band, can think of as brilliant."

"Just wait until you get to hear it."

- RUKI via Twitter

Translation by http://trauma-radio.tumblr.com/

^You're telling me that you don't know of a single band where a line isn't repeated in some of their older work?

Guest mitsubana

Well... Hopefully Fadeless will give us an idea of whether this is "brilliant" or not.

^You're telling me that you don't know of a single band where a line isn't repeated in some of their older work?

as if I'm talking to you in person?

anyhow, I believe you know precisely what I mean, yet keep defending your fave band with unrelated faux-reasoning.

She probably means that now after recycling the same song structures + riffs they've advanced to recycling lyrics bits too, at least, that's what I think.

Idk about all this, I kind of gave up after DIVISION, yet they're a band that always manages to get you curious for a new release (probably due too Ruki's somehow smart way of promoting the new stuff through early interviews and PSC).

anyhow, I believe you know precisely what I mean, yet keep defending your fave band with unrelated faux-reasoning.

You posted on here, you're basically talking to anyone who reads this.

I know exactly what you mean, which is why I ask. Thank you, I will keep defending my 9th favorite band with unrelated faux-reasoning

Whoa, easy there. When asked to elaborate a point, don't start getting defensive -- reiterate the point.

Though it depends on the degree, I'm sure that bands will incorporate references to other songs however blatant or subtle. Ronnie James Dio would do it, Queens of the Stone Age do it, the Beatles did it -- it doesn't mean that there's any less ingenuity when it comes to the songwriting; but if you really dislike a band, I'm sure it looks that way.

This kind of reminds me of how some vocalists will just ALWAYS have to incorporate the same phrase in their songs. For example: it's hard to go through a Dir en grey song without hearing Kyo wail "sayonara". He just always says it. Probably not intentional. And probably a product of lacking anything else to say; but he does it nonetheless.

If the GazettE are intentionally making references to other tracks, through imagery or style, then it will be very cool to see how serious they are about drawing from their older material.

Whoa, easy there. When asked to elaborate a point, don't start getting defensive -- reiterate the point.

Though it depends on the degree, I'm sure that bands will incorporate references to other songs however blatant or subtle. Ronnie James Dio would do it, Queens of the Stone Age do it, the Beatles did it -- it doesn't mean that there's any less ingenuity when it comes to the songwriting; but if you really dislike a band, I'm sure it looks that way.

This kind of reminds me of how some vocalists will just ALWAYS have to incorporate the same phrase in their songs. For example: it's hard to go through a Dir en grey song without hearing Kyo wail "sayonara". He just always says it. Probably not intentional. And probably a product of lacking anything else to say; but he does it nonetheless.

If the GazettE are intentionally making references to other tracks, through imagery or style, then it will be very cool to see how serious they are about drawing from their older material.

also adding to your DEG post: Rinkaku had a nod/reference to KR Cube ("Onisan kochira..."-part in the end) and no one whined about "lack of lyrical originality"

I mean, I don't get the negative fuss about "nod" to older songs - especially if you are making a nod to GOOD songs (CALM ENVY, that is, very underrated btw)

The thing is that a lot of bands also do follow ups in the sense that the songs match because they're related to the same feelings/situation/incident or they match up to make a story. Not sure if that's what Gazette tries to accomplish, or if that's just their story to try to explain their tardiness.

Excellent points Relentless, Rez, and Sai!

I really hope we get a new look and PV preview already. We're 3 weeks out from the release of FADELESS

Guest mitsubana

I'm looking forward to a PV preview or samples too... I wanna see what this is gonna sound like!

The preview was more like a teaser for me.

I can't tell if this song will be good or bad....

It does sound so far like a Stacked RUbbish (that's when they started fusing the woman vocals) and NIL like guitar style. Did they actually leave their dubba-dubba style? It's so early to tell...but I'm very interested in this!