zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Ewh. Feeling sick, and because of that I can't sleep.

Why is it that I've gotten a stomach bug trice already, within a year from moving to Scotland. Back in Finland I was never sick.

44 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

^ lol really? XD that's pretty funny

indeed. when people talked about a shoegaze band, i'd be like, "wtf is this obsession with deathgaze and their shoes???? there are bands being made out of this concept???"

16 hours ago, anakuro said:

whenever someone is purified/exercised by aoshi my friend says "~got their zag zigged" lol

speaking of i'm still waiting for aoshi to purify/exercise me and/or my friends

he's had his eyes set on us the past few times i've seen them 

last time he was literally rolling around the floor trying to get to us

also how did zigzag manage to make a song where you sit the whole time so fun??

ps xaa-xaa and shellmy are also killing it in the kansai scene¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YES omg it was a hilarious experience because I was wasted AF and I was the first one in the crowd who he used the rope on so I wasn't expecting it. haha

Oh yeah Shellmy is good too. I think xaa-xaa are talented but I haven't had chance to listen to them thoroughly, but I will some time soon :) 

7 hours ago, itsukoii said:

...shoegaze is a genre?

i always thought it had to do with deathgaze and shoes somehow... wtf

This is actually funny since the actual context where the term was derived from is not necessarily limited to these first shoegaze acts and so on...the hell, even post-punk acts back in the old days had varying tendencies in terms of staring down (or "at their own shoes", hence the name "shoegaze") while strumming chords. So all in all, the genre name is still nonsensical and serves no purpose in describing the content tbqh.

1 hour ago, ぺるしゃ猫 said:

YES omg it was a hilarious experience because I was wasted AF and I was the first one in the crowd who he used the rope on so I wasn't expecting it. haha

Oh yeah Shellmy is good too. I think xaa-xaa are talented but I haven't had chance to listen to them thoroughly, but I will some time soon :) 

did you see them when you were here back in november? how did i not hear about that?? lol

mikoto always stops him before he can get to us to exercise us but he's always dangerously close to us by then :') he hasn't tied me up yet but I'm just waiting for that day to come. last time he was hitting some girls with a fan too lol beating the evil spirits out of them i guess 

I see Aoshi after XAA-XAA a lot handing out flyers (they're always perfumed LOL) and one time i was joking like "tsunagaritai" as we were walking away and we did the hand sign and then we turned around and there he was standing so seriously with his hand up doing the sign and so I did CLAP CLAP CLAP "TSUNAGARITAI" and aoshi died laughing

as for other thoughts (still about zigzag): what will zigzag's next joke be?

and when will we get the WASSHOI WASSHOI song on CD because literally the best 

Only the finest idol moments result from playing "Touch what's in the box". I wish they'd stop using live animals though. That poor bird must have been so so scared. :(

man

vs

Woman

goals

1 hour ago, ArtFart said:

Had an old fat shiba come into work today. She wouldn't stop screaming. 

that was probably me srry 

Edited by itsukoii

20 hours ago, anakuro said:

did you see them when you were here back in november? how did i not hear about that?? lol

mikoto always stops him before he can get to us to exercise us but he's always dangerously close to us by then :') he hasn't tied me up yet but I'm just waiting for that day to come. last time he was hitting some girls with a fan too lol beating the evil spirits out of them i guess 

I see Aoshi after XAA-XAA a lot handing out flyers (they're always perfumed LOL) and one time i was joking like "tsunagaritai" as we were walking away and we did the hand sign and then we turned around and there he was standing so seriously with his hand up doing the sign and so I did CLAP CLAP CLAP "TSUNAGARITAI" and aoshi died laughing

as for other thoughts (still about zigzag): what will zigzag's next joke be?

and when will we get the WASSHOI WASSHOI song on CD because literally the best 

I did! I didn't even know you liked them until now!! LOL
LMAOOOOO I was actually trying to hide from him because I knew I was DRUNK AF and didn't want to make a fool out of myself.. But it happened lolol
He beat their asses with a fan? I'd laugh and cry LOL

You're the best comedian LOL

Ohh I need to buy some of their music, I didn't get a chance to in November but next time I see them live (hopefully) I can buy something because I haven't seen anyone selling their stuff anywhere!

4 hours ago, ぺるしゃ猫 said:

I did! I didn't even know you liked them until now!! LOL
LMAOOOOO I was actually trying to hide from him because I knew I was DRUNK AF and didn't want to make a fool out of myself.. But it happened lolol
He beat their asses with a fan? I'd laugh and cry LOL

You're the best comedian LOL

Ohh I need to buy some of their music, I didn't get a chance to in November but next time I see them live (hopefully) I can buy something because I haven't seen anyone selling their stuff anywhere!

i don't think they were selling anything back in november

I've known about them forever but the first time i saw them was back in April to be honest!! 

they have two CDs for sale right now: 繋がりたい and 仕切りが嫌い and they're only sold in osaka. and at this point you can only find 繋がりたい at their buppan, you can't find it in stores.

i wonder what sushi shop staff think of me when i only eat egg sushi and cucumber sushi.......................

17 hours ago, JukaForever said:

Dream pop makes less sense than shoegaze

If you listened to Cocteau Twins and acts akin to that, you may notice that the "dream pop"-nickname/title kinda matches with the idea of exploring this ethereal soundscape and neo-psychedelic vibes driven by echo/reverb vocals and soft-spoken (?) guitars.

So in that sense "dream pop" conveys the apt picture of its sound unlike "shoegaze" where it's basically up to terminology enthusiasts to decide what exactly it would comprise. "Dream rock" was too cliche I guess?

Then again, it's a big mystery when we end up practicing genre gymnastics in the community where "VK" and "J-rock" have become legit, separate genres for some reason (instead of being umbrella concepts).

Edited by Alroy

7 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Then again, it's a big mystery when we end up practicing genre gymnastics in the community where "VK" and "J-rock" have become legit, separate genres for some reason (instead of being umbrella concepts).

I've always thought of J-rock as literally anything Japanese and any variation of rock music. But in the past few years, I've mostly gotten the impression that when people use the term "J-rock", they're basically referring to just "VK" - which wouldn't be invalid since I consider "VK" to be a subset of "J-rock", but the connotation there almost exclusively seems to be "J-rock is ONLY VK". Yet I don't think people willingly disregard other sides of J-rock, I think VK is just more highly magnified and "broadcasted" than any other area and has thus become the face of "J-rock", if you will. That's been my perspective at least.

Edited by CAT5

7 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

14 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

I've always thought of J-rock as literally anything Japanese and any variation of rock music. But in the past few years, I've mostly gotten the impression that when people use the term "J-rock", they're basically referring to just "VK" - which wouldn't be invalid since I consider "VK" to be a subset of "J-rock", but the connotation there almost exclusively seems to be "J-rock is ONLY VK". Yet I don't think people willingly disregard other sides of J-rock, I think VK is just more highly magnified "broadcasted" than any other area and has thus become the face of "J-rock", if you will. That's been my perspective at least.

I've also always gotten kind of irked by this. Then again, Japan doesn't help this by listing pretty much all of its rock acts under the "J-Pop" tag and uses "Rock" for foreign artists 99% of the time. So the term "J-Rock" is basically a term used by foreign fans exclusively, and the bulk of those being VK fans is probably the problem as to not only the general (mis)use but also the general connotation by non-Japanese music enthusiasts.  Just like "J-Pop" used to basically be synonymous with anime themes. Side rant: I've always hated the use of "visual kei" as a genre in any case. "J-rock" at least constitutes basic rock concepts. Japan is pretty bent on breaking any genre rule they can find (maybe because its all considered "pop" to an extent?) which makes trying to label genres even more useless than usual for me.  

The new album is the first thing this year which is positive beside concerts. Except this 2016 is a fucking bitch.