zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Why guys ? Attack on Titan is good xD

Since you don't got on the anime, try Attack on Titan: No Regrets, it's two ep if I'm correct.

Don't worry, I got into it, but it's one of those weird series that took me more than the first three episodes to get into it.

consisted of waiting and anticipating what would happen next. But nothing ever really happened. 

That's what I felt at first. Even the cliffhanger ending is just basically waiting and anticipating because Annie turned into crystal.

I wonder what's the point in buying physical cds that you can't listen to anywhere outside your computer or car nor can you copy the tracks from. I've been dubious about this ever since buying Aula that went out of commision after just a few listens. Other than for sentimental value I don't really see the point anymore tbh...

I wonder what's the point in buying physical cds that you can't listen to anywhere outside your computer or car nor can you copy the tracks from. I've been dubious about this ever since buying Aula that went out of commision after just a few listens. Other than for sentimental value I don't really see the point anymore tbh...

I kind of like owning the physical copy. It just feels weird for me owning something digital with my hard earned monies for some reason.

I kind of like owning the physical copy. It just feels weird for me owning something digital with my hard earned monies for some reason.

I feel the same. When I purchase a digital release I don't actually feel as if I own that release. I only own something if it's on my shelf or in my drawer, with an actual disc, booklet and case.

I feel the same. When I purchase a digital release I don't actually feel as if I own that release. I only own something if it's on my shelf or in my drawer, with an actual disc, booklet and case.

I agree that it feels different. But CDs seem like such a redundant media nowadays. On the other hand buying digitally allows you to support the artist in some way (though one can always just download). As for booklets, for me they have no great value at the end of the day. Sure it's nice to have an art to look at, but when I can't at least read what it says I eventually lose interest and the box just ends up collecting dust somewhere. So idk, lol.

that moment when you gotta google their name before you go yum

me neither.

I ask that people not get upset/start conflict on this post but-

My take on it is:

Airbending goes with Native Americans due to the seemingly peaceful culture. (Airbending is notable for being almost purely defensive, pacifist nature of the Air Nomads)

Earthbending should be self explanatory (hint hint... most people think that Africa is nothing but dirt/ground.) Seriously, a-lot of people aren't educated about how Africa actually differs from what the media puts out there.

Waterbending due to having the main waterbender in the series, Katar, having to put so much effort and training into her bending skills and wanting to perfect a-lot of techniques. Also let's not forget that Aang did achieve some things before Katara and she got angry. (They let their defense become their offense, turning their opponents' own forces against them)

Firebending.... I'm not completely sure on this one but maybe due to overpowering the opponent and full of rage with most of their attacks. Zuko and Azula seemed pretty angry/hot-headed most of the time. ("Fire Nation twisted this into firebending being fueled by rage, hatred, and anger")

^aren't the fire nation guys the villains? (never watched the show, but I get the impression from screenshots and fanart). And as we know in tumblr logic, WHITEY IS EVUUUL.

Bambi is my spirit animal because I go around like a lost deer on a highway at my school. Maybe I'll stick around for more than a day this time around unlike at my previous attempt at getting my academic career going. fuckk my heartrate is going supersonic just sitting at the cafeteria

I ask that people not get upset/start conflict on this post but-

My take on it is:

I guess, but none of the tribes aren't really white, so this Tumblie is doing something that they hate what Hollywood does: whitewashing. Also, it's weird how said Tumblie is going to recast other tribes when they are already based off of people of different cultures. What was that one term they keep tossing about? Cultural apporition or something like that?

I guess, but none of the tribes aren't really white, so this Tumblie is doing something that they hate what Hollywood does: whitewashing. Also, it's weird how said Tumblie is going to recast other tribes when they are already based off of people of different cultures. What was that one term they keep tossing about? Cultural apporition or something like that?

Perspective.

You have to remember that Tumblr is not one extremely misguided user who rants on his or her blog to no one in particular. It's many equally as misguided users, who exchange their passive-aggressive, "good intention but bad execution" thoughts on equality and appropriation with each other until they believe their ideas are flawless, foolproof, and completely revolutionary. Then they share it with the rest of the internet to literally no effect. They also all don't agree with one another. So even though Tumblr can agree that "cultural appropriation" is a bad thing, they can't agree on what it is and how to fix it.

Much the same way Tumblr feels about....well everything else.

Yuuki still banging that noise out, whoop whoop, pretty much  >= 80% of Lycaon, if it wasnt for him i dont think i would hurt

Much the same way Tumblr feels about....well everything else.

Which is weird because there's one user that would shame someone about having tribal tattoos or something and another shaming someone for not learning the language of a country they are visiting. I believe the latter was in response to an auto-translating application where you can take a screen shot of a sign and it will translate for you. However, with their ever changing definition of buzzwords, wouldn't learning a language of a different country constitute as cultural appropriation?

Also, when I call them tumblies, it's mostly because I don't know what the users call themselves.