zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Just now, Original Saku said:

that's pretty much it, I don't think there's any real reason why they are named after them, maybe because the creator like those authors?

Jumping on this post but out of the ~5 episodes I watched of it there didn't seem to be a deeper meaning behind it.

@plastic_rainbow@Zeus

I did a little more digging on the character Dazai in particular and found that he is loosely based off his real life counter part, and their are lots of hints and similarities drawn in the show.

He, along with several other characters, made an appearance in the mobile game Love Heaven as a limited time character.

His constant attempts to commit suicide with a beautiful woman could be an allusion to his real life counterpart's attempted double suicide with Shimeko Tanabe and Hatsuyo Oyama. His attempt with his lover Tomie Yamazaki was ultimately successful.

It's also possible that his suicide attempts serve as a reference to No Longer Human's protagonist Ōba Yōzō's multiple suicide attempts throughout the story, which is considered to be a reflection of Osamu Dazai's turbulent life.

He was the youngest boss in mafia history.

In real life, he is often grouped together along with Sakaguchi Ango and Oda Sakunosuke as the Buraiha or Decadent School.

And on the series, this is often alluded, because the three used to meet in a certain bar, as seen in Dazai and the Dark Era, and illustrated on the calendar.

He is nicknamed as 'Bandage-wasting Device' by Kunikida at Chapter 2 / Episode 2.

Dazai usually refer himself by gender neutral phrase "watashi" rather than the more masculine phrases like "boku" or "ore".

Dazai's pretty bad at driving, as shown in the first light novel "Dazai's entrance exam".

He is based after Osamu Dazai, a man who wrote No Longer Human.

so it doesn't seem like it's just a pointless rip of the name but the author actually is very much inspired by these literary figures. here's the full wikia page on the character; http://bungostraydogs.wikia.com/wiki/Osamu_Dazai

On 2016-08-18 at 2:13 AM, Tokage said:
  Reveal hidden contents

more relevant today then ever....DONT LET THIS DIE.

i dont know much about the personalities of bungou stray dogs' characters besides dazai's obsession with double suicide that is obviously related to No Longer Human but other than the names their special powers are also named something related to their books

dunno a lot about the other authors

Edited by seurong

instagram is removing like all my posts, wtf. goose army, tzk+koi iguana lovin, even ruki dog at one point. come on those were gold

i didn't know that site got more triggered than a feminist

@Original Saku @seurong

thanks for the info~ i looked briefly at the wikia page earlier too.

since Osamu Dazai is one of my favorite japanese writers i couldn't help but laugh when i read that the fictional character's ability is named after one of his books (and my favorite book too). it just seemed very odd and ridiculous to me.

i'd say the character's obsession with suicide reflects very well with a part of Osamu Dazai's life (and not just his book No Longer Human).

Guys, there's a website with some polls that will decide who will perform at the opening and ending ceremonies of 2020 Olympics.

It's fan-made, but ok.

You can vote here.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

BMTH's fancy outdoors park gig for like 70 euros in my homeland currency (and during my recess week) seems to be a lot for my current attention and interest span...when it comes to their current output. Yikes.

This whole  not being able to eat much thing is getting really annoying really fast. Its been like this for 2 weeks or so now.

Edited by ArtFart

Got a part-time job, told them I was available, then I got an offer for another job that's better but training starts Monday and the hours are pretty much all day. I hope my first job can work around my schedule in case this new job doesn't work out :/ Ughhhh.... lol

11 hours ago, The Bread Wolf said:

Neither are you.

But Im just like the inquisition, overpriced and lacking substance.

what the fuckity are the background vocals saying in theatre by belmosaic i need to know

i hear "need me"/"help me"/"hitori" so what is the TRUTh