Duwang

DADAROMA to go on hiatus and Yusuke will depart

It has been announced that after  their oneman at Shibuya O-WEST on August 28th, Yusuke will depart from the band and retire from music due to dystonia. As a result DADAROMA will pause activities.

They will make another announcement at the oneman. 

Edited by Duwang

I guess they will announce that from now onward they will join Koichi and Genki to form a real vocaloid group!

Possibly with the usage of instruments,  but probably not....

That is unfortunate. They haven't been here that long. Just about 3-4 years iirc?

Hope Yusuke feel better soon. And may this hiatus help them to improve artistically and sonically for when they return.

This is a pretty severe diagnosis, so I would have to say leaving the band and a hiatus is likely the only appropriate course of action. If they choose to replace him, I look forward to their return. They’ve definitely become one of my all time faves. 

Wow, that's a shocker. Gutted about the hiatus but grateful to be attending possibly their last shows. All the best to Yusuke for his treatment and recovery.

damn yusuke was one of the best drummers in the game ;___;

hope he gets better and DDRM find an equally good replacement

I wonder how long it would take for Yusuke to feel good enough to perform without hurting himself, at this point I'd rather wait for him to come back if it's a matter of months, but I can't really tell since I know nothing about dystonia...

Edited by Wakarimashita

This is so sudden. I'm extremely surprised and actually a bit worried for Yusuke. I hope he recovers well and safely.

I just read what dystopia is...

This ain't no joke. Hope he feels better soon. 

The lil bit ive checked out from them is pretty enjoyable so I look forward to their comebyke. 

Focal dystonia most typically affects people who rely on fine motor skills—musicians, writers, surgeons, etc. It is thought that the excessive motor training those skills require may contribute to the development of dystonia as their cortical maps become enlarged and begin to overlap.

A wretched, wretched disorder robbing the world of its best talents :(

I just looked at some videos on dystonia patients....this is fucking awful. He says he only has it on his upper right arm, but I'm scared that it may progress all over. I wish the very best for Yusuke. 

As for those who are saying the band needed this hiatus because "their music sucks anyway"...shame on you. This announcement was very sudden, and losing someone like Yusuke over something as devastating as this is a huge blow to the band, and this man may have to deal with this for the rest of his life. Shame on you.

2 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Is withdrawing like departing, or does that mean he’ll stay as a member but they’ll have a session drummer from now until the hiatus?

He is leaving the band and retiring from music after their last scheduled live. Perhaps its poor word choice on my part. 

Dystonia doesn't have a cure and it can make someone's life very miserable and painful. I looked after someone who lived with dystonia. I love yusuke as a drummer so this really blows :(

That's a damn shame and I'd glad he was able to be with the band as long as he could. It'll be hard to replace such a talented drummer. I hope the rest of the band can carry on in time.

someone come up with a cure so Yu-chan will be okie dokie T_T (and anyone else who has it)

somewhat on topic: how come the drummers always seem to be the ones with the most health probs? T_T I mean lead singers have lymphobes from screaming bt drummers seem to be the most sick/ill :(

48 minutes ago, anadentone said:

someone come up with a cure so Yu-chan will be okie dokie T_T (and anyone else who has it)

somewhat on topic: how come the drummers always seem to be the ones with the most health probs? T_T I mean lead singers have lymphobes from screaming bt drummers seem to be the most sick/ill :(

I'm just gonna guess it's the physical effort that goes into it.

Damn I've been away awhile but that's some sudden news...I've always been paranoid of developing dystonia I can't imagine, that really blows big time.