the look is flawless minus kaoru's ratty eye makeup uh

IA. :D

Like, he can at least iron those hair to match that smokey eyes. :P

IA. :D

Like, he can at least iron those hair to match that smokey eyes. :P

brah its not even smoky he looks like a crying scene kid

brah its not even smoky he looks like a crying scene kid

:D You're right though, it is so messy.

Maybe they are at confused position at the moment to get back the visuals or not :P

They looks funny nowadays, for me their best look from 2007 or 2008. I like angry Adidas Kyo .

no makeup DEG: cancelled

Maybe they are at confused position at the moment to get back the visuals or not :P

they've been having good looks lately and its safe to say they have the moody goth look its just that they've been abusing kaoru's poor face LOL

aw i didnt know my shinya bby made insta im gonna follow

speaking of shinya uh that botox is starting to show but shhhhhh

A fun poll-like question for those who care:

Which Dir album do you consider to be their most consistent? Or do you consider "consistency" to be one of those attributes Dir should stick to in the first place (i.e. not trying to form their albums into "gamuts/clusterfucks of various frills and tricks")?

(I am pretty sure this is the first time someone asks THAT in (a bit) biased fandom)

if consistency = 1 standard sound then MOAB. if consistency as in strength of compositions, then arche.

I like the frills. And i like the genre roulette. It's one of the main reasons i like them so much, their albums never go stale. Id say most consistent in sound would be moab. In atmosphere and mood, uroboros. And probably wtd on strength of individual songs.

not sure if posted or not but there it goes.

LUNATIC FEST. footage.

激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇
THE FINAL
空谷の跫音 (With Violin by SUGIZO)
Un Deux
Revelation Of Mankind

best quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JIzZDylY

poor quality but includes interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YajloP78K7Q

Being new, I'm slowly creeping around the forums and finding myself wanting to comment on a lot of things that no one is discussing anymore. But I wanted to go back a bit and talk about DEG not having any long songs on ARCHE.

Most j-rock/VK bands fail at the "epic" song, and DEG hasn't always been successful. Vinushka is great, and I personally love both iterations of Macabre. The Blossoming Beelzebub works for me because it's a slow crawl forward and doesn't repeat a section once is over. That's progressive to me, not taking verses and chorus and repeating them ad nauseum for 9+ minutes. Diabolos peaks with the guitar solo in the first half, peters off after the heavy section, then just falls flat for the rest. A good example of how much better Diabolos would have been if it had been half as long would be Behind a Vacant Image. It condenses Diabolos' song structure into 5 minutes. It works.

But yeah, a lot of songs don't need to be these sprawling epics because the songwriting can't meet the needs. Does Reila need to be almost 8 minutes when the song ends on a repeated section that just fades out slowly? Merry's Gekisei? Ugh.