Spike760

Dir en grey

i like it when shinya had those long extentions that flail when he drums

now that his hair is just uniformly long theres no more appeal !!!!! ???? :(((

The things you guys worry about.. I mean.. well.. oh my god hith hair ith tho sho~rt! oh my god!

this is the problem when people (from japan) do everything they can not to appear as full grown adult men... but more like (female) shoujo manga characters.. even when they do such music no one takes them seriously.

The things you guys worry about.. I mean.. well.. oh my god hith hair ith tho sho~rt! oh my god!

this is the problem when people (from japan) do everything they can not to appear as full grown adult men... but more like (female) shoujo manga characters.. even when they do such music no one takes them seriously.

more like ,this is the problem when people from usa and europe and metal audience, they only like music from guys that look stereotypically masculine and refuse to take seriously anyone else that doesn't fit their stereotype. even if the music is equally good they are prejudiced.

well not only metal all kinds of audience and people usually are prejudiced to fit their standards.

(now if the audience is stupid is a different matter of discussion, or if there is nothing wrong to care about looks also)

sis you're embracing church ideas of typical breeder gendered role-models and instead of promoting Dir en grey for what they were good at (a technically skilled metal band w. a good management team) you are trying to mold them into something commercially appealing for the west, while there is not need to do so, concert tours are not profitable in case with japanese artists.

I feel a strong reddit account holder presence from your posts, but w/e. I'm glad you enjoy the music. Shinya hair game is the best thing about them past 2003 anyway.

as if their funding and legal departments weren't masc enough for a metal band. w/e.

Am I the one making serious problems out of their hair styles? Or drawing tons of gay fan fiction? Because that's what I call not taking people serious as grown up adults. Nothing to do with whether they fulfill certain male roles.

I am not demanding from anyone to be a testosterone pumped ox man. All I'm saying is when people like Shinya like to present themselves as.. caricatures of actual manga tropes, they'll get reactions to that.. for the positive or negative. Don't sort yourself out by applying "stereotypical" behaviour traits to anyone. it's not that easy.

>>more like ,this is the problem when people from usa and europe and metal audience, they only like music from guys that look stereotypically masculine and refuse to take seriously anyone else that doesn't fit their stereotype.<<

-this is the most random classification I've ever read. yeah, some people from USA and europe. .. why from there? no clue. metal audience.. why certainly that? no clue.

@nekki ... erm.. yyes. management team.. legal department... yyeah I agree totally! wait.. what was the topic?

Am I the one making serious problems out of their hair styles? Or drawing tons of gay fan fiction? Because that's what I call not taking people serious as grown up adults. Nothing to do with whether they fulfill certain male roles.

I am not demanding from anyone to be a testosterone pumped ox man. All I'm saying is when people like Shinya like to present themselves as.. caricatures of actual manga tropes, they'll get reactions to that.. for the positive or negative. Don't sort yourself out by applying "stereotypical" behaviour traits to anyone. it's not that easy.

>>more like ,this is the problem when people from usa and europe and metal audience, they only like music from guys that look stereotypically masculine and refuse to take seriously anyone else that doesn't fit their stereotype.<<

Its interesting that you mention this, especially since the band has done as much as they can to avoid being labelled that way. Back when DSS was on its way to coming out, there was an interview that came out where Toshiya said they always get invitations to cons and events of that nature and they ALWAYS turn it down because they refuse to be categorized as being in a certain nitch like many other Japanese bands. As for Shinya, I don't that its that much of an issue because his visual-ness really shows in other ventures outside of Dir en grey. And even when the other members go visual, its veryyyyy tame. At least that's how i perceive it.

Its actually funny too. Despite the constant controversy surrounding the GazettE, regarding their music, I believe that they are very musically competent. But a lot feel like thanks to their looks, and the type of fans that they attract, they will never be taken seriously. I personally don't care for looks, as long as the music is boss but I can also see why it has some kind of importance on the image/types of fans that get drawn in. 

Am I t

-this is the most random classification I've ever read. yeah, some people from USA and europe. .. why from there? no clue. metal audience.. why certainly that? no clue.

eh because i was mocking your sentence  --->"this is the problem when people (from japan)"

my point anyway was that people shouldn't be prejudiced because is wrong. something you  stated  with your comment, that is indeed what people do.

and it was more about shinya because i always have the feeling it's indeed an issue sometimes that his is "girlier" to some people and it shouldn't be an issue. he should never try to change what he likes.

yeah because I refered it to this ((ex-)VK) scene .. so in this case I talked about a mostly japan-centered phenomenom. and no I'm not condemning his girlieness.

@emmny ... nothing directly. I didn't even want to go so deep into debate since I wasn't really serious about you on my first comment :D but then this dramatic comment came over and I had to respond.. sorry! But why you ask? I already wrote what I think about that. ;)

Its interesting that you mention this, especially since the band has done as much as they can to avoid being labelled that way. Back when DSS was on its way to coming out, there was an interview that came out where Toshiya said they always get invitations to cons and events of that nature and they ALWAYS turn it down because they refuse to be categorized as being in a certain nitch like many other Japanese bands. As for Shinya, I don't that its that much of an issue because his visual-ness really shows in other ventures outside of Dir en grey. And even when the other members go visual, its veryyyyy tame. At least that's how i perceive it.

Its actually funny too. Despite the constant controversy surrounding the GazettE, regarding their music, I believe that they are very musically competent. But a lot feel like thanks to their looks, and the type of fans that they attract, they will never be taken seriously. I personally don't care for looks, as long as the music is boss but I can also see why it has some kind of importance on the image/types of fans that get drawn in. 

Exactly. Well.. gazette.. I mean I don't understand their hype. But I realized when they started doing really bad music.. like.. so bad finally their fanbase had to admit it too...that's where there started to be a controverse about them.. or am I wrong? Because in terms of having looks being taken as an argument for a VK-band's success, this reaches all over VK, not just gazette. And of course Dir en grey were and are affected too.

Am I the one making serious problems out of their hair styles? Or drawing tons of gay fan fiction? 

yes, you are a capitalist homophobe who wants to cash on Dir en grey management talents, connections, and other interesting deals that Japan offers as a part of global idea of keeping obscure Japanese culture firewalled. jpop doesn't have much global spread either, so w/e, it's a general idea that if it's not spikking Englisa it no good.

white girl gay fan fiction is this recent 2 generations Japanese theatre and bushido poetry, speaking in otaku entry-level terms; westernized homophobia is a relatively recent concept there, that arrived with meiji revolution, and established a capitalist scientific progress military state that didn't really last that long past ww2 :)

Well.. gazette.. I mean I don't understand their hype. But I realized when they started doing really bad music.. like.. so bad finally their fanbase had to admit it too...that's where there started to be a controverse about them.. or am I wrong? Because in terms of having looks being taken as an argument for a VK-band's success, this reaches all over VK, not just gazette. And of course Dir en grey were and are affected too.

/r/WhiteHomophobeBully, logout.

your current icon really says it all, we got it, you're just a person who likes Dir en grey for their uncanny enchanting musical excellence, and are suffering from the perspiration that soaked their 1997-2003 designers visual kei attire. you have to get my jokes before legal department mention makes sense <3

btw, please either consider last.fm, or reddit for your Dir en grey needs, we're all here to pop some pussay over 2002 Kyo club adventures with bangya in SEA.

you...really should not bring this music nerd bullshit onto a visual kei state of art board, I have a brother with private academic musical tutoring, and a lot of music biz friends here and there :)

so this board is still a lot of fun for me for those reasons as well. :3

this is the problem when people (from japan) do everything they can not to appear as full grown adult men... but more like (female) shoujo manga characters..

lmao

OR more importantly we can discuss how flawless toshiya's hair is

short long curly straight its flawless i love my DAD

i doubt it'll change much

i can see shinya going darker soon bc its too much effort to keep up the ashy light brown so his hair stylist will probably give up when it gets too fried

no one cares about kaoru or die's hair

kyo's going hot pink in the near future called it

For those who actually give a damn about the music vs the fuck fest that's the last few posts:

A US tour is probably gonna be announced soon, what are some expectations that you have setlist wise? I know the band is keen on having the US setlists be varied from the Japanese ones by throwing in some random oldies. FUKAI has made a triumphant come back in EU, you guys think we'll get that as well as some other classics?

Lets chat :) 

Its cool if it isn't new or not, bro. The mood here has quickly become tainted, just tryna bring it back 2 the music. Ya, feel me?

I'm basing this on the Age Quod Boston show when i point this out but the randoms oldies were very random haha. I believe (if my memory serves me right) we got Kasumi, and Rotting Root. So i'm hopin we get something along those lines again. But of course my main focus is ARCHE.