Spike760

Dir en grey

I don't really see the need to buy this. They've just recently released the AQA DVDs...except for the 3 songs they haven't played yet ,and the feeling that shinya is kinda in control of his drums this time (compared to the horrible drumming in AQA)... nah, I wait for the upload.

And i don't really like that new 秒「」深.. the MISSA one was bad, this is even worse for me.

God damn I want that DVD. Does anyone know a way to possibly get one?? Any members of a knot here??

i can get one with a contact person in japan through a auction site but its fucking expensive.

i did contacted this person about it and it will be around 15.000 / 16.000 total.

If you have a contact person in Japan, for 15.000 yen you can actually join a knot and order it yourself XP

Also for anyone that might be interested in getting one, if buying second hand be sure to double check with the seller if disc1 is fine or was replaced, as there was a problem with the sound on disc1. And a knot asked people to send disc1 back. If that was not done, it will be impossible to exchange it if you're not a fanclub member.

Last time I checked Kaoru was on the left channel and Die is on the right...they must have made a mistake with that and I'm guessing that's the issue with the disks.

If you have a contact person in Japan, for 15.000 yen you can actually join a knot and order it yourself XP

Also for anyone that might be interested in getting one, if buying second hand be sure to double check with the seller if disc1 is fine or was replaced, as there was a problem with the sound on disc1. And a knot asked people to send disc1 back. If that was not done, it will be impossible to exchange it if you're not a fanclub member.

oh wow i didn't know that about the sound. glad i didn't buy that dvd yet :)

that person also helps people with getting a fc member ship.

but i don't wanna join fc's anymore. just wanna have the dvd for a good price.

i think 15.000 is a bit too expensive :( so that's why im still thinking about it. didnt buy it yet.

Last time I checked Kaoru was on the left channel and Die is on the right...they must have made a mistake with that and I'm guessing that's the issue with the disks.

Yes, that's the problem with the sound, the right and left channel are switched.

Menzo, when ordering through a knot that dvd costs 7940 yen, so 15.000 seems bit steep... but after all it is a fanclub limited release ;)

So I can see why it's so expensive outside of a knot XP

People on tumblr are reporting that Kyo was hospitalized after yesterday's show for tonsillitis and a really high temp. 

I can give you full translation of the cause of all the reports. Original here: http://022.holidayblog.jp/?p=6300

Translation done by me, if you see any mistakes, feel free to point them out ^ ^'

Vocalist of popular band Dir en grey, Kyo (age unknown) was complaining about bad condition of his throat on the 16th, second day of two days performance in Shinkiba Studio Coast; after the performance he was urgently taken to hospital. He was diagnosed with "tonsillitis" and his over 40oC fever is not going down, thus the intensive care treatment goes on. There is also a performance on 24th in Tokyo, Shinuya Koukaido ahead.
 Together with the release of album "THE UNRAVELING", they had a domestic tour consisting of 11 shows in 6 cities, which started in Tokyo Dome City Hall on 5th April. The performance on 15th and 16th were last. Saying that, according to someone connected to the band, Kyo collapsed on Monday 13th with fever of 40oC and was taken to hospital, where he was diagnosed with "tonsillitis". Although he got told that he absolutely needs to rest with "doctor's stop", Kyo said "this performance cannot get cancelled"; getting intravenous drip as first-aid/temporary treatment he challenged the performance. While on the last day on 16th his 40oC fever was not going down, he got intravenous drip and forced the performance. According to venue personnel, during the live [Kyo] felt faint and fell down many times, so [personnel] was "considering stopping the show", but Kyo with his willpower went on till the end. However, because as soon as he got backstage he lost consciousness, and was taken urgently to hospital.
 Kyo had to postpone performances in April 2009 due to "chorditis" and "laryngeal edema". After that last year after the performance in January in Osaka Hall, he paused music activities and cancelled North American Tour scheduled for March-April. Although he resumed activities since last Autumn, Management Office said "His condition is improving, but he might not be completely cured".
As for his state after admission to hospital, although his fever is not going down, he is conscious; medical staff declared that "he has to have absolute rest for next few days". However there is scheduled special live for people who purchased latest album. Office personnel said "postponing is unavoidable", however it is said that Kyo himself is showing a will/ambition "it is a performance that fans are looking forward to. There are many fans that made special plans for that day, I cannot betray that."
(rest is about their past, their popularity abroad and tour plans)

What's with Kyo's voice? I have read several times about problems with his voice through years. Why does this happen to him? Doesn't he know how to sing properly so that he won't hurt his vocal chords? Is that the reason why he sings gutturally most of the times at concerts, because he can't sing normally now?

Paradoxically he sounds great in Dir en grey's latest album O.o

His voice was mostly fine during the latest tour... tonsillitis is caused by viral infection or bacteria, so they way he sings is not really a reason for his state now.

My biggest worry is to infection to not spread to his ears, he had enough problems with that :(

Anyway OHP and FB were updated with the official statement:

Following a medical examination after feeling sick and experiencing high fever, Kyo (Voice) has been diagnosed with tonsillitis. 

Despite Kyo being adamant about carrying out the ”TOUR2013 TABULA RASA -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹-” show scheduled on 24.05.2013 at Shibuya Public Hall, a special LIVE show for those who purchased the limited order only MINI ALBUM “THE UNRAVELING”, he has been hospitalized for further treatment and rest.

At this time, the show is scheduled to take place as planned, however, under unavoidable circumstances we will make an announcement over our official website.

We apologize for all inconveniences and worry we have caused all fans and affiliates and thank you for your continuous encouragement and support.

sun-krad Co., Ltd. 
Saturday 18 May, 2013

I hope he will recover soon without any problems!

His regular vocal troubles are undoubtedly caused by all that inhale shit he does. There is no way to inhale screams without repercussions. In this case, tonsillitis is bacterial. He's always pushing himself too hard and that's a key way to prolong infections like that..

So yeah. The growling is much better for his throat, and is not the cause for this one as above stated. But it is NOT going to be helping. He just needs to come to terms with the fact he might lose his voice permanently if he's not careful.

Seems Kyo's recovery is going well, as there's another statement about scheduled live to go as planned :)

We thank all fans and affiliates of DIR EN GREY for your concern and support following Kyo's hospitalization from tonsillitis and high fever (brought upon by this condition). 
Due to Kyo's adamant wish to perform at the Shibuya Public Hall LIVE show on May 24, and after discussion with his physician, the LIVE show will take place as schedule.

We would like to express our utmost gratitude for all your unwavering support and encouragement for DIR EN GREY.

sun-krad Co., Ltd. 
Thursday 23 May, 2013

His regular vocal troubles are undoubtedly caused by all that inhale shit he does. There is no way to inhale screams without repercussions. In this case, tonsillitis is bacterial. He's always pushing himself too hard and that's a key way to prolong infections like that..

So yeah. The growling is much better for his throat, and is not the cause for this one as above stated. But it is NOT going to be helping. He just needs to come to terms with the fact he might lose his voice permanently if he's not careful.

While you are right, another factor in this is that he always seems to be coming down with throat issues. Repeated issues and sickness may make him more susceptible to future illnesses and it seems like he gets sick once or twice a year now.

Does anybody know the diffrence between these two upcoming tours ?

IS there some concept or something ?

Cuz I will be at Tokyo this octobre and I am planning to visit both Tokyo concerts...

Afterwards I can finally die without regrets

(joke.. still need to see lynch and plenty other bands again..)

in a recent audio interview Kaoru has confirmed the new album coming some time next year.

no details yet though.

at the first show of the TOUR2013 GHOUL that has just ended they've announced a new single 『Sustain the UNtruth』 for a January 2014 release.

plus, there will be two NIPPON BUDOKAN shows in March:

DUM SPIRO SPERO

NIPPON BUDOKAN 2014.3.8 and 2014.3.9