Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

-OZ- new full album "ROUGE" & best album release

Versus has a lot of variety and I don't understand why fans have continued to say that it was boring - with a lot of repetition.

I found it to be a very solid release and am anxious to hear the new album.

Don't take it so literally. All the songs had pretty much the same progression, all were heavy and had exactly the same style, similar riffs, similar tempos etc. Sure, they're all "different" songs. But in style, there was no variation what so ever. Just boring and unispired re-inventing. Some just done better than the others. Breath Trees was the only song that stood out. And maybe the first song too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album. I hope it has many awesome ballads. And maybe some new ideas for fast songs.

I think the similar style of the sings is why I liked it so much. I do like releases with a lot of variety, but if I really like a certain style of song I'm welcome to several songs that follow a similar pattern. I think the only song I didn't like from Versus was "Filmy" and the other song whose file was corrupted when I extracted it (I don't even remember the name). I'll have to listen to Six again though.

Well that was my attempt to try to extinguish the ensuing flame war.

Definiately looking forward to ROGUE!

As for SIX, I liked it, not at first though. Absolutely hated it first listen, but then I came to the conclusion the first half is really weak, while Illegal SLEEP and Resemblance and even Enmity are all great.

VERSUS I love as well, but I can see how everything just kind of blends in together in the middle. Breathe Tree's is one of my favorite -OZ- songs though.

Definiately looking forward to ROGUE!

As for SIX, I liked it, not at first though. Absolutely hated it first listen, but then I came to the conclusion the first half is really weak, while Illegal SLEEP and Resemblance and even Enmity are all great.

VERSUS I love as well, but I can see how everything just kind of blends in together in the middle. Breathe Tree's is one of my favorite -OZ- songs though.

Hey Jake,

I've seen you type Rogue for a few times now. I'm pretty sure it's Rouge (as in french for Red) :P

Juuuust saying.

And I knew something was up :P haha

Like bakteeri said, I meant that pretty much every track on Versus uses the same progression and build. Sure the riffs are different, but the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus gets old after a while, especially when they're all similar vocally and tempo-wise.

Like bakteeri said, I meant that pretty much every track on Versus uses the same progression and build. Sure the riffs are different, but the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus gets old after a while, especially when they're all similar vocally and tempo-wise.
I kind of have to agree with that, although I really like Versus :P

I'm really waiting a tracklist of best album, overall because it'll be released in europe *¬* (right?)

Yes, both the BEST OF-album and ROUGE is going to be released in Europe! :D

-OZ- best album "BEST" will be released at 2010/12/01 (2,800yen)

[track list]

01.Misty

02.Azalea

03.Colors

04.ATHENA

05.S.I.N

06.Butterfly

07.CLOVER

08.VENOM

09.DETOX

10.Pressed flower

11.Rain Delay

Unfortunately, this was to be expected.

The A-sides of ALL the singles on their single page, with OBVIOUS shunning of their first three singles [which obviously don't exist, do they even play those songs anymore?] :(.

[single Collection would have more suitable, obviously. There's nothing BEST going on here. To be honest, none of these songs would make my 'top ten'.]

http://territory-oz.com/discography/Disco-single.html

Wait! We're in 2010 and people still care about best of's? I mean, c'mon! A regular best of is nothing more than old songs. I can't think of one single best of that doesn't suck cock. Why? Because I have always heard all the songs before and there's always several songs I'd change out for what I consider better ones.

Compilation albums on the other hand, that can be extremely interesting with demo recording, unreleased songs and so on. But regular best of's is as uninteresting as releases can get.

I call bullshit. I really wanted some rerecordings of their first three singles... Ringing and R.A.T. to be exact. Oh well, I probably won't even download this.

I call bullshit. I really wanted some rerecordings of their first three singles... Ringing and R.A.T. to be exact. Oh well, I probably won't even download this.

haha I feel exactly the same(Same songs actually...maybe with Thirsty).

xDD

lol the best

but i want their new album !!! <3

Wait! We're in 2010 and people still care about best of's? I mean, c'mon! A regular best of is nothing more than old songs. I can't think of one single best of that doesn't suck cock. Why? Because I have always heard all the songs before and there's always several songs I'd change out for what I consider better ones.

Compilation albums on the other hand, that can be extremely interesting with demo recording, unreleased songs and so on. But regular best of's is as uninteresting as releases can get.

i thought the best is for people who don't know the band, first time to see if they want to listen more.

(or if you lost the cds (omg :urg::oshi::arg: ) in despair to listen to anything since you don't know what to choose to download first if they have 13294735 singles)

this best is fail for me

these are not their best songs no way

Yeah. Best of's is great if you're checking out a new band. Not doubt about that. But for fans of a band it's nothing but shit. And cuz of that I can not understand why so many care about the track list and all that bullshit.

Sign in to follow this