Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

MIYAVI new album "Fire Bird" release

I honestly really didn't care for his last era. The Others did nothing for me, but the new single is such a jam that it has me looking forward to this album in particular but if it is as unimpressive as The Others... Idk I'll just be really disappointed. 

Probably I already told that... Until the self named album everything was OK then... the abyss!

I listened to the latest single, another boom boom boom without a character, so this album seems to be really meh!

We will see...

Edited by Ada Suilen

Afraid To Be Cool is one of the catchiest things I have heard recently so I'm hoping this album will be more of the same.

Miyavi seems to attract new fans and alienate old ones in equal measure every time he shakes up his style, but I for one have enjoyed most of his experimental career.

I must be one of the few who didn't like his early work and yet really dig the latest stuff...

Guess there's someone in every bush, it seems...

the video's cool, but miyavi doesn't really do it for me.

I might go see him live though, I feel like his material works better there. I saw him on The Others tour (or whatever it was called) and the audience really wasn't your typical j-rock audience. Felt like they were more sorta Justin Bieber audience, you know generic pop people. Which is actually pretty nice, if non-j-rock/pop listening crowd finds Miyavi too. Miyavi was in Oprah or something, wasn't he?

Also on The Others tour, there were bunch of 30+ years old men trying to harrass younger women. What kinda plan is that? You pay fortune for a ticket, just to-- you know. They must have done their studies to find their way to Miyavi gig.

Edited by orange~

5 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I'm almost glad he's barely relevant in the VK scene, otherwise we'd be getting a wave of autumn albums titled ~L'oiseau de feau~ or smth

If you  wanted to translate "bird fire" in French, it is "L'oiseau de feu" not "L'oiseau de feau" :P 

Edited by The Piass

3 hours ago, The Piass said:

If you have wanted to translate "bird fre" in French, it is "L'oiseau de feu" not "L'oiseau de feau" :P 

thank you angel, you are absolutely correct

I respect him for just doing what he wants rather than sticking to a particular groove his whole career, but everything from his self-titled album onwards just bores me. Sadly this doesn't seem like it'll be any different.

Also... "Fire Bird"? Isn't that basically a Phoenix? :P

Not feeling that... Too bombastic... I havereally enjoyed his material between TORTURE/WHAT'S MY NAME up to Real? His earlier stuff was cool but that TORTURE TO Real? period was really good  in terms of the quality of his output.  He lost me with The Others and everything since. Wish he would do another SAMURAI SESSIONS and tone the music down a bit. Feels like his latest releases have all been  high tempo dance songs except for the M:I cover.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

After he got married, his objective must have changed from about him to about his spouse and kids. Baby daddy gotta make some money. That explains a lot with his current genre choice.

Sign in to follow this