blackdoll

[Band Battle] Rentrer en Soi VS. Lycaon

Rentrer en Soi vs. Lycaon  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

Went for one of my VK biases, Lycaon ofc. But Rentrer en Soi are more than deserving in winning this poll. A solid and cool band. I can't help but favor the worst of the worst vocals in any genre. ='D

Interesting choice of bands. I've enjoyed some of Lycaon's output, but Rentrer en soi was my favorite band at one point, so I'm gonna have to go with them.

Right cuz Shadow isn't a Blatant rip off of Lynch's Ambivalent Ideal

And Mourou isn't a rip off of the GazettE's Chizuru.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far from upgrade!!!!

Though I'll admit, both songs do have their moments. 

ROTFL gurl get you music str8 before you typecause it makes it seem like your are trolling or just hear to take jabs a lycaon especially combine with the was you didn't address me directly in that comment about making the poll and your attitude/word choice. You meant Rose not shadow

but to address this. Lycaon was going for something smooth and hot, something that popped evident bye their opening featuring Yuuki's own mother, bridges, bassing, chorus, guitar solo, backtracking & mixing, and riffage modification from lynch's riff parts. While Lynch was going for dark and a hard rockout song. also a shout out to their song Alejandro,

chizuru, Ruki is going in at the start all "emotional" while Yuuki is laid back and lower vocal tone, Lycaon uses a piano shout out to ambrosia again kessh no hana [結晶華] , TG has a instrumental breakdown/break with highvoice taunting while they had a guitar solo and piano solo, while the hooks maybe both fast but yuuki was more lavish, tg ending was gituar and double bassing while Lycaon's was piano, tg had falsetos while Yuuki whipered and again guitaring choice. conclusion Lycaon was upscale party/club, dark, and fancy with a touch of spooky, and tg a dark ballad.

As upgrading yess: Lynch was cute and i do like it, but Lycaon had a lot more going on and more unique or saying/going for something. Chizuru is good but Lycaon just did more and took it places. 

Far from upgrade would be Screw - glass cage, Blitz - black shadow, and GALEYD - D.Z.I. as they are no where near Lycaon's level in  a box in beautiful, Cordyceps Sinensis, and The end of Delusion

reminds me of some quotes "this shit aint regular rich" - shanghai and "They diss me, but runnin' and took the same route, Uhn, but no, they not Nicki, Wrist on ice and yes my wrist bricky" - win again Lycaon music is solid, and royal like diamonds and gold, also no one is like them

EDIT: refer to my status from may 25 2014

Edited by blackdoll

Sorry for double posting but it updated after i posted again

blackdoll its not said enough but I LOVE YOU.

u make me so HAPPY

thank you, and you have your cool moments

I can't help but favor the worst of the worst vocals in any genre.

is this a joke or is that how you really feel? cause Yuuki has his TECHNICALLY good moments too.

Interesting choice of bands. I've enjoyed some of Lycaon's output, but Rentrer en soi was my favorite band at one point, so I'm gonna have to go with them.

Thank you, i was going for a old kings VS new kings theme seeing how Lycaon started the year they ended and stuff. Also i like your word choice. :happy:

How is this even a competition? Rentrer En Soi.

this is grossly offensive to the memory of satsuki (RIP) please delete

Can't compare. RES were around longer and Satsuki has the voice of an angel. There's no bad release from them. - even when they started to get "harder" in sound. Everything flows perfectly. They were a grand band.

THIS.

A band battle with RENTRER EN SOI and Lycaon ?! I can't understand your goal. Two diferent bands with two different skills.

RENTRER EN SOI of course ! They are more professional, sincere, skilled and their career is unforgivable. They marked Visual scene. People will forget Lycaon few month after their disbandment.

! I can't understand your goal. Two diferent bands with two different skills.

have you read the post in which i said why i made this. and did you listen to the songs in the OP, they have similarities

is this a joke or is that how you really feel? cause Yuuki has his TECHNICALLY good moments too.

I meant bad in a good way. That's just how I see take in his voice. I love his voice because it's so distinctive. 

Right cuz Shadow isn't a Blatant rip off of Lynch's Ambivalent Ideal

And Mourou isn't a rip off of the GazettE's Chizuru.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far from upgrade!!!!

Though I'll admit, both songs do have their moments. 

Oh man I was sparing OP from this comparison. but I see we have some savages here haha. Lycaon's latest album was alright, but left too much to be desired for the listener.

have you read the post in which i said why i made this. and did you listen to the songs in the OP, they have similarities

Now I'm curious.

Tell me, what kind of similarities are you referring to? Also, Why of all of these songs, did you choose THESE specific ones to represent the bands' "similarities" that you notice?

Now i'm not judging what could be, your personal favorites of RES/Lycaon, I am just curious as to why this comparison using these certain songs?

IMO I don't hear, feel, or even visualize any similarities. You're talking about two different bands, from 2 different points of time in the VK scene. Each with a vocalist that either beautifully expresses an invitation to the listener with that silver-tongue of theirs, or doesn't.

If you were to compare RES to either 12012 or D'espairs Ray, then I'd agree that there are some similarities.

But against Lycaon, it's a no brainer.

Thanks for making me listen to RES again! I thought I'd grown past my appreciation for them like I have 99.999999999% of VK bands, but it only took 20 seconds of Thorny Rain Break to suck me right back in. They were a great a band. Beautiful and distinctive sound. Too bad Satsuki is useless without the other members' songwriting talent. I'm glad Takumi and Mika get to be part of a decent band again though.

As for Lycaon, it's best I keep my thoughts to myself.

1.  RES were around longer
  2. and Satsuki has the voice of an angel.

Bulleted you post to save time and to make use of options the staff has given us

1. 2001-2008 = 8 years 2008-2015 =8 years, same time
  2. I used to think so too, before listening to tamer hosny + Yuuki does too but he does need to flaunt it and brings it out when he feel like it

The only thing they've got is that they made it to the USA, but considering how they failed too do it again on the year they disbanded cause of some visa issue kinda canceled that out.

In Lycaon's Offensive

they have murdered every original of the songs they've birthing it like a new baby out of a mothers womb

I meant bad in a good way. That's just how I see take in his voice. I love his voice because it's so distinctive. 

Oh ok i think i get it. Like "dolly is the baddest bitch on m-h?" and right

1. Oh man I was sparing OP from this comparison. but I see we have some savages here haha. Lycaon's latest album was alright, but left too much to be desired for the listener.
  2. Tell me, what kind of similarities are you referring to?
  3. Also, Why of all of these songs, did you choose THESE specific ones to represent the bands' "similarities" that you notice?
  4. Now i'm not judging what could be, your personal favorites of RES/Lycaon
  5. IMO I don't hear, feel, or even visualize any similarities. You're talking about two different bands, from 2 different points of time in the VK scene.
  6. Each with a vocalist that either beautifully expresses an invitation to the listener with that silver-tongue of theirs, or doesn't.
  7. If you were to compare RES to either 12012 or D'espairs Ray, then I'd agree that there are some similarities.

Okay i see what you guys are trying to do, make me work and listen to RES again cause i kinda catching what saku got.

but back to what you quote above

refer to my status from may 25 2014

2. They both are complex and above good, They both "changed" from soft to hard doing a lot (in Lycaons case more), they both have a that way of approaching music. both are vocal based, riffage here and there
  3. the non spoiler songs to avoid the "oh well satsuki has better vocal techniqe so he is better" with non familiars and old school. spoiler first set: both dark and have something going in the instrumental (or maybe 雨音の輪舞曲 would have been a better choice), 2nd set: both go hard songs with harsh driven and leading, 3rd set: both are weird but include soulful singing (chaoticness) too
  4. Nope not the reason and all of of Lycaon is basically my favorite. RES i have no idea anymore what are my favorites anymore
  5. If you read my "only remix" in the writing thread i address this - i think different and reason as such. Another thing is i dont really belive in "genres," so things blend. Like i had to stop myself from commenting on how i would rather listen to some good Jay park, DΞΔN, and crush songs (implying they are better) which are k-r&b earlier. So what if they were from different time, sub in what was pop back then for what was pop onward. so other songs that i think can be compared i was dammed - Psychedelic jelly,  PROTOPLASM - Kimi o kowasu garasu na shoudou, stigmata - tsuioku, Karasu iro no taiji - bara~rose, Misery loves poisnous blue - shadow, Negative Creep - insanity, Taikyou naru yousei yuugi - misshitsu ni okeru kyouatsuteki (long ass title), vision of you - mayaku, Eyes of Forest - akai ringo, Secret Strawberry Garden -  残像に口紅を~,  Strawberry Oblaat - Ame to muchi, I hate myself and want to die - miss evil inside, Gedoku Magai ni Suicide - your pick, Usubeni Iro - 月は無慈悲な夜の女王. Like damm i deserve a cookie or something after that list- took forever to forever like it even my job to convince you of their common ground
  6. after that processing the list your right totally right
  7. what about baiser and dont people also like diru? but to me none of those band would be right. Shoot after making that list and thinking about Lycaon sudden disbandment i wonder if RES was their secrete inpriration cause i can hear em all over lycaon shadow period, rock and metal era and even in electronic Lycaon & and their goal when they formed was too beat RES in eight years and Last Dance is just a smack in the face. Maybe get pass some of yuuki's vocals and the guitar tuning and listen?

So where was all this RES love before, no one talks about them anymore, but when i put em in with Lycaon, whom i have said repeated are Royality y'all remember them, kinda shady to me. Aldo how come know one mentioned harsh vocals (i slipped it in before)?

I don't think you can convince anyone about these apparent similarities you see between these two completely different bands. And like Shaolan mentioned; Rentrer en Soi will still be remembered ten years from now.

I don't think you can convince anyone about these apparent similarities you see between these two completely different bands. And like Shaolan mentioned; Rentrer en Soi will still be remembered ten years from now.

THIS, THIS and re-THIS.

Nothing against Lycaon., but I don't see the similarities between these two.

Plus, on a personal note, the vocals on PROTOPLASM, a prelude and 空白の情景 are still moving me, even after all these years. I will remember these 3 songs forever.

I understand your craziness about lycaon but please, don't push it too far, that's annoying.

Lol, the first thing I knew when this thread popped up and saw blackdoll being the OP was that there would be a huge fucking ass discussion about Lycaon.

Seriously, both bands are different and trying to cherry pick for similiarities is like comparing apples to windows. For there are practically not many things in common. The only thing I see is OP being salty that most people like RES more and admit their negative bias towards Lycaon.

Seriously blackdoll, how about you just get over other people not sharing your delusional fixation on your fav band. People are biased and have different tastes; others showing their strong dislike of one band is no reason to write huge cryptic posts about it.

Ah yeah, I also voted for RES. There are a few Lycaon songs from their early era I like, but RES (both eras) does appeal more to me.

So where was all this RES love before, no one talks about them anymore, but when i put em in with Lycaon, whom i have said repeated are Royality y'all remember them, kinda shady to me. Aldo how come know one mentioned harsh vocals (i slipped it in before)?

In all honesty I don't go shouting about any particular bands, regardless of my liking to them. The GazettE have my loyalty forever, but I keep my giddyness to myself.

I don't hate Lycaon, but the vocalist just makes me cringe at times. Some tracks compliment his vocal ranges, and others make me want to shoot those who thought this track was worth creating haha.

RES is long gone and people don't bring them up for the same reason other past bands aren't mentioned. They're distant memories of greatness.

You will hear PLENTY of people on MH talking about how late 90's/early 2000's were the best years for VK.

^^^

It's as simple as that. NOTHING will compare to the bands of that time.

Moderator Message:

This poll seems to evoke strong reactions in people, but remember to keep the discussion civil. There's no reason to get your jimmies rustled by this thread.

Like i said i dont expect anyone too

and I'll remember Lycaon forever.

I understand your craziness about lycaon but please, don't push it too far, that's annoying.

lmao you under the craziness, well your all alone alone, cause my mind is sound. As for annoying i dont get that since there is nothing forcing you to read this while all im doing is replying to post and making them. and i've said it a couple of time do whatever

1. Lol, the first thing I knew when this thread popped up and saw blackdoll being the OP was that there would be a huge fucking ass discussion about Lycaon.Seriously,
  2. both bands are different and trying to cherry pick for similiarities is like comparing apples to windows.
  3. For there are practically not many things in common.
  4. The only thing I see is OP being salty that most people like RES more and admit their negative bias towards Lycaon.
  5. Seriously blackdoll, how about you just get over other people not sharing your delusional fixation on your fav band.
  6. People are biased and have different tastes; others showing their strong dislike of one band is no reason to write huge cryptic posts about it.
  7.  (both eras) does appeal more to me.
  1. most of the post are about RES, no one but me and others bothered talking about Lycaon
  2. didn't cherry pick, really gave it a thought. and i think compare kind of Canines like i said before. btw did you check out the comparisons, maybe saying why they are not will do something to me
  3. Yay they have things in common
  4. where is the salt? said i was cool, and it was a new experience listening to both side by side
  5. there has nothing to be get over, as i am fine and have gone threw enough years to know people think differently, just replying
  6. not sure what you mean? but thanks for thinking about it
  7. For Lycaon

In all honesty I don't go shouting about any particular bands, regardless of my liking to them. The GazettE have my loyalty forever, but I keep my giddyness to myself.

I don't hate Lycaon, but the vocalist just makes me cringe at times. Some tracks compliment his vocal ranges, and others make me want to shoot those who thought this track was worth creating haha.

RES is long gone and people don't bring them up for the same reason other past bands aren't mentioned. They're distant memories of greatness.

You will hear PLENTY of people on MH talking about how late 90's/early 2000's were the best years for VK.

^^^

It's as simple as that. NOTHING will compare to the bands of that time.

Cool do you, though isnt that the trend with all music like hip hop old being the preferred? I think its like that with movies too. hmmmmm

But glad to get everyone back into RES they were #1 with of my favorite at a point, and they deserve it since it's been forever.

Cool do you, though isnt that the trend with all music like hip hop old being the preferred? I think its like that with movies too. hmmmmm

But glad to get everyone back into RES they were #1 with of my favorite at a point, and they deserve it since it's been forever.

Yes that is the trend with other genres. I wouldn't get off topic by involving movies.

Yes ReS is great, but so were other bands of that time. This applies to other genres as well.

People are just getting worked up because you're comparing two opposites, and claiming they're the similar to almost the exact same.

My vote has been placed. Excuse me if I offended you at all.

1. Yes that is the trend with other genres. I wouldn't get off topic by involving movies.
  2. Yes ReS is great, but so were other bands of that time. This applies to other genres as well.
  3. People are just getting worked up because you're comparing two opposites, and claiming they're the similar to almost the exact same.
  4. My vote has been placed. Excuse me if I offended you at all.
  1. they are both forms as entertainment, pleasure requiring hard work to be good 
  2. i can think of a few, and they did end when lycaon started. and what if they kept going till now?
  3. i said common ground and possible inspiration/motivation. I see it as the same as

comparing this choreography vid

to this choreography vid

4. why would you have offend me? lol

giphy.gif

got kettle? i could go for some or the Carmel kind? -- love sweets

I don't remember ever liking a Lycaon song. When they were blowing up here I remember checking them out and wondering why people were hyped about them.

Where as RES' The Bottom of Chaos is one of my top 10 Jrock albums.

Yeah, no contest lol.