blackdoll

[Band Battle] Rentrer en Soi VS. Lycaon

Rentrer en Soi vs. Lycaon  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

Oh boy. I still don't understand the point of this poll, but RENTRER EN SOI easily gets my vote.

All that I can say about Lycaon is that they started out strong and lost their way after those members left. They sure must have some good songs in their catalogue, so I'm not gonna take away any merit or whatever from them.

But regarding RES, they were one of the top bands during the 00's. Hardly any band could reach the level of emotion and musicianship they were able to put into each and every one of their albums. I could easily use them as a sole recommendation for anyone who's interested in getting into Japanese music as a whole - they were that good. They decided to call it quits at the top of their game, and that's something you can almost NEVER say about a visual kei band. To be quite honest, I'm still a little heartbroken over their disbandment and it's been almost 8 years.

tl;dr, I'm a huge RES fanboy.

But regarding RES, they were one of the top bands during the 00's. Hardly any band could reach the level of emotion and musicianship they were able to put into each and every one of their albums. I could easily use them as a sole recommendation for anyone who's interested in getting into Japanese music as a whole - they were that good. They decided to call it quits at the top of their game, and that's something you can almost NEVER say about a visual kei band. To be quite honest, I'm still a little heartbroken over their disbandment and it's been almost 8 years.

+1 to everything said here.

im not even here to troll despite the fact that lycaon being mentioned in the same breath as RES is blasphemy as i dont wish to incur blackdoll sama's wrath

i just wanna gas RES because they're insanely underrated imo. no band will ever be able to touch RES' hyper melodic older days and the metallic brutality--and despite basically playing in two opposite genres, you can clearly tell they're by the same band. so not only did they play two opposites, but they killed every style they did. no -core bands have write anything with the fury behind "growl" or "karasu iro no taiji", no one will do a ballad like as angelic as "full moon", no one can write songs as multifaceted as "metempsychosis" or "eyes of forest".

the more i wanna write, the sadder it  gets knowing that res has ended considering they could have been still active and still at the top of their game. saishuu's totally right, they left as their compositions were getting sharper and more fascinating; no band has left on a highlight as strong as theirs.

its nice that satsuki, mika and takumi are still active but had they stayed together they would have been the best band in the scene hands down.

/creys

All that I can say about Lycaon is that they started out strong and lost their way after those members left.

They decided to call it quits at the top of their game, and that's something you can almost NEVER say about a visual kei band.

corphish phish phish phish phish phish. Hard & hard = good, which = irrelevant

those members left.

So? Satoshi, Zero (rito), and Yuuki were more important. Eve's vocoloid is no where as good nor is avelcain. As for mio, he is bassing for born so. If you want to to say they fell from the top, get a new arugment and stop copying and pasting. Cause that's not an argument, is just following a flock, cha dig.

im not even here to troll despite the fact that lycaon being mentioned in the same breath as RES is blasphemy as i dont wish to incur blackdoll sama's wrath

i just wanna gas RES because they're insanely underrated imo. no band will ever be able to touch RES' hyper melodic older days and the metallic brutality--and despite basically playing in two opposite genres, you can clearly tell they're by the same band. so not only did they play two opposites, but they killed every style they did. no -core bands have write anything with the fury behind "growl" or "karasu iro no taiji", no one will do a ballad like as angelic as "full moon", no one can write songs as multifaceted as "metempsychosis" or "eyes of forest".

the more i wanna write, the sadder it  gets knowing that res has ended considering they could have been still active and still at the top of their game. saishuu's totally right, they left as their compositions were getting sharper and more fascinating; no band has left on a highlight as strong as theirs.

Same but for Lycaon: hyper melodic older days -> hyper Jam rock newer days; playing in two opposite genres -> playing in 5 or more opposite genres; fury behind "growl" or "karasu iro no taiji" -> fury behind "Royal order" or "dahlia"; no one will do a ballad like as angelic as "full moon" -> no one will do a ballad like as angelic as "Love song"; no one can write songs as multifaceted as "metempsychosis" or "eyes of forest" -> no one can write songs as multifaceted as "Akai Ringo" or "yume"; they left as their compositions were getting sharper and more fascinating; from the beginning to the end they were sharper and more fascinating with their compositions;

To mirror you aggression cause y'all two asked for it. I used to be sad and angry that such a great band left, and think Satsuki was angel with his voice (even sabut after getting wet in the waters of Other scenes as well as well as penetrating deeper into Lycaon, it turns out that Satsuki was crackly and RES was like on the level of Avelcain, sadie or Awoi. I mean I ready to Elazmus the win with Kyo even though i cant even with his sing accent. The real angel is ran (xepher) -- With Yuuki being an angel that has fallen from heaven, down to earth, who bares pain/scares and STRAIGHT UP REAL

My goal is not to hurt people feeling and stuff, put Lycaon isnt some little bitch you can slap around and treat like shit, which calls for clap back. I think of myself as doing this to againstLycaons without "the lining up to hug me"

Yeah this has gone on long enough actually, I'm Locking the thread and letting the poll speak for itself. We really don't need this back and forth argument to go on any longer.

opinions are.... well.. just that. opinions.