SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Bought Pokemon White 2 to be able to use it to transfer old Pokemon to X/Y but oddly I'm really enjoying White 2. I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the Unova games but White 2/Black 2 is a really enjoyable game with a nice plot and really challenging aspects. After having played X, White 2 was definitely a step up in difficulty.

I need to buy a PS3 so I can play FFX HD (unbelievably excited about that one).  Currently I'm playing Titanfall.

I am also planning on re-playing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross on my OUYA since I don't have a PS anymore.  Though I could get them on PS3 since I'm getting one for FFX HD :D

Uncharted 3 on my PS3, occasionally Hydorah on my PC. Great old school gradius-type game.

I'm playing Uncharted 3 as well. Getting near the end now. I'm a bit disappointed. I'm getting so tired of this kind of gameplay.  "Press X! Press THIS! Pess THAT!! Seriously? And it gets so fucking easy because every single place you're gonna climb and do this and do that are highlighted, so you spot them at once. And the riddles and shit have been way too easy. Finished them all on my first move. That sucks.

And the fights are awful. They're all more or less the same. HIT HIT HIT, USH THIS, PUSH THAT, HIT, PUSH THAT, HIT HIT HIT! Finished. Again, again and again.

They've got a great Indiana Jones-feeling as with the other two games as well, and I've gotten som The Mummy-feeling (reboots) which I also like. That's probably the reason why I'm finishing it as well, because the gameplay is pretty boring. Sadly, as I love both the first ones. But I doubt I'll love them as much now if I replayed them. :/

I've always felt that way about games that only have one option to climb stuff. It's like "OH, I WONDER IF I SHOULD GRAB ON TO THAT BRIGHT YELLOW PIPE?!?!" Kind of feels a bit insulting to my intelligence, but that isn't what drives me nuts. It's when I see something I should obviously be able to climb (that I easily could climb in I was personally there) that the game is like "nope, I'm not programmed to do that. Breaks immersion pretty badly for me.

My dark souls 2 is already preloaded in my laptop, I am just waiting now to see if I can run it. So far specs is telling me no but I have to test it myself if it is still playable. If it can't then I'm getting a new computer.

^ I doubt your laptop will be able to handle it... unless it's a really good gaming laptop, and even then I don't see it being able to run it on full settings. It's very awesome that you're willing to spend tons of money on a new computer just to play Dark souls though... kudos to you :D I recommend going with a desktop if you do though... gaming laptops rarely last long and cost tons of money and still most of the time can't run some of the more intensive games at full settings. Not to mention laptops are always overheating and are more troublesome to fix because they're more closed off than desktop PC's.

I don't really intend to play on full settings to be honest, I just need it playable (NPCs should not be lag-stabbing me!) so I will have to try what I can. The things is I don't play too much AAA games, with a mild interest on Crysis 3, and I use my computer more on media than anything else hence why I opted for a laptop. I am not sold on gaming laptops as well and will defo go for a desktop if my laptop won't work. 

I've always felt that way about games that only have one option to climb stuff. It's like "OH, I WONDER IF I SHOULD GRAB ON TO THAT BRIGHT YELLOW PIPE?!?!" Kind of feels a bit insulting to my intelligence, but that isn't what drives me nuts. It's when I see something I should obviously be able to climb (that I easily could climb in I was personally there) that the game is like "nope, I'm not programmed to do that. Breaks immersion pretty badly for me.

Yeah, they are helping the players way too much, as if the majority of the players were kids.

I understand that, but seeing as these games are like a playable film, I can understand that they go that way in one way. But I would still like to have two-three different routes on a lot of the places with different level to it. Would've added a whole new dimension to the game.

But the most annying thing is how programmed the fights are, and that you have basically no freedom in the fights. Why the hell are they doing that? I don't get it at all. This kind of shit needs to be dropped.

I couldn't find a "last game you played through" thread, so I'll take it here:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Ok, so the gameplay isn't all that exciting here, though it gives you a lot of freedom and that's always a good thing. But this is a neon game. Filled with bright colors, a cheesy 80's actionfilm story and humor from the... 80's, just like in 80's action films. It's a pretty absurd story, but it's visually stunning and beyond fun. It was also very fitting seeing as I had been in a 80's neonlight mode lately, watching neon-noir film and enjoying myself to death. And the soundtrack by Power Glove is nothing short of breathtaking. And it all ends with Dragon Sound's "Friends", from the awesomeness that is Miami Connection. Brilliant!

Have to add that the ending of the game is the most simple ending in the history of video games, but it was hilarious. Laughed until I started crying. Great work!

9/10

Shank

2-d side-scrolling beat 'em up game, which just happens to be my cup of tea. The gameplay does get repetive, but in a game like that I don't mind that. It's so much fun. The cutscenes are amazing and the art style is fantastic.

8/10

Shank 2

This is the same as the first one, just way better and more creative. Do I need to say more? Nah you get it.

8,5/10

Happy to report Dark Souls 2 runs similarly to Dark Souls with just integrated graphics from an i5 2450M. I was mystified as to why Dark Souls 2 had a bump in minimum specs when it was designed for a PS3. My speculation is answered, my laptop runs it fine on medium settings and more than happy with its performance.

So far a few hours in, I definitely like the difficulty (or maybe the enemies are just new) and the graphics is a step up from DkS. Also happy to report gravity is still OP as fuck DX

^ that's awesome man :D It still sucks that they had to do away with the awesome lighting engine they had implemented for PC... hopefully there might be a way to mod it back in somewhere done the line.

Dark souls 2 on xbox 360!

I also play some killzone, spelunky and more on psvita.

Would love to play some with any of you guys!

User name on both is Mind Of The Sun!

I actually decided to go back to playing the One Piece Pirate "Musou" games on PS3,  right now I'm trying to plat the first one... honestly I hate musou games, I mean they have like almost no redeeming factors it's all the same shit over and over again and the gameplay mechanics almost never evolve even after multiple entries in the series... I don't see how anyone could really say that they are "good games". but I am/did enjoy the one piece musou games for obvious reasons xD take OP out of the equation and I wouldn't bother honestly... I also enjoyed the mobile suit gundam "musou" games as well.

For those of you playing or who have played FFX HD Remix, should I get a PS3 or a VITA to play it?  I'm leaning towards PS3 for the 48" tv experience, but the headphones experience might be pretty awesome with the VITA...

I wish it was a cross buy (especially since the saves are compatible), but even if I had a PSVita I would have still picked it up on the PS3 first.

For those of you playing or who have played FFX HD Remix, should I get a PS3 or a VITA to play it?  I'm leaning towards PS3 for the 48" tv experience, but the headphones experience might be pretty awesome with the VITA...

I have both versions, you should get the PS3 version if you really care about graphics and faster loading times, but I personally love it on the vita because I have played these games a million times on a TV and I don't really care about graphics or loading.  Just having the ability to play it anywhere is pretty awesome ^^  

The way you worded it, does that mean you don't have a PS3 or Vita already?  If that's the case, I would get the PS3 because there are more games and it's probably cheaper than the vita lol.

well like the person above me pointed out if you don't have either and your planning to buy one, then question shifts from "whether or not you should get it on ps3 or vita?" to "should I get a ps3 or vita?" and for that I would say PS3 all the way. unless you have some circumstances where a mobile system would be more ideal for you, then there's no reason not to get a PS3 over a vita.

But back to the question of which version of FF X/X-2 is better? i don't really know as I don't have the game since I'm currently waiting till it goes down in price or i can get a pretty good deal on it... but I've heard that the vita version looks really good on it's OLED screen and apparently since it has to be downscaled from the PS3 resolution to fit the Vita's resolution it's supposedly really crisp looking, I've even heard people say that it looks better on vita then ps3 due to this, but I'm not sure myself. If I had to choose for my needs I personally would buy on PS3 first and vita later.

That's correct, I don't have either of them.  I'm kinda on the fence because the Vita appeals to me for the portability, but it would be really awesome to play it on a big tv. 

Keep in mind that this game is literally the only reason I would be buying a PS3.  I'm kinda gravitating toward the Vita because I have never used one.  I used to have a PS3 a couple years ago, and I have an Xbox 360 still, so yeah.

There's something very appealing as well about the Vita, using it with headphones and just being totally immersed, and FFX has such a wonderful soundtrack.

I have some time to consider though, I am visiting home in the US in July, so if I were to get a Vita I would do it there, since its less expensive than here in Norway :)