SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

FFX was (and still is) my favorite FF. I feel like I am one of the few that doesn't care for the ATB system and FFX's battle system mixed with the sphere grid just works for me perfectly. It is the only RPG I have played through more than once other than Golden Sun on the GBA.

I agree to disagree, because although i do like X and I thought it was a great FF, IMO XII was/is the best FF of the PS2 era and it was also up there for being one of the best looking games on PS2 since it didn't come out till the end of the console's life cycle. when it comes to X i just felt like the story was decent but the combat system was below average (not terrible but still...) not to mention the whole setting didn't really mesh with me.

Bought FF Type 0 after all these years. If I don't come back it means I jumped out of the window out of frustration of not being able to understand all the Japanese.

Bought FF Type 0 after all these years. If I don't come back it means I jumped out of the window out of frustration of not being able to understand all the Japanese.

OMG it's your lucky day then, because there's actually a fan translation in progress right now for type-0, it's been going on for the past two years and they are finally nearing completion and eeven recently announced a release date for their patch, August 8th seems to be the date. this thread HERE has all the information you would ever need :D I've actually been following this translation for quite some time and can vouch that the end result is gonna be some quality stuff that will even rival an official localization.

and if that's not enough to get you excited just watch this amazing trailer Sky and the team just put out out a week ago

that shit is amazing.

X-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> X . u betta werq dat mid-battle outfit change

On topic: been pretty addicted to FF-14 and my free month is almost up. Also getting back into Animal Crossing New Leaf on the side. I would play more LoL too, but my friends are shit and never ask me to play with them so w/e

OMG it's your lucky day then, because there's actually a fan translation in progress right now for type-0, it's been going on for the past two years and they are finally nearing completion and eeven recently announced a release date for their patch, August 8th seems to be the date. this thread HERE has all the information you would ever need :D I've actually been following this translation for quite some time and can vouch that the end result is gonna be some quality stuff that will even rival an official localization.

and if that's not enough to get you excited just watch this amazing trailer Sky and the team just put out out a week ago

that shit is amazing.

type-0 was one,of the best games to come out in the past few years. It was when Square was really on a roll with portable titles. I reccomend t to everyone.

Recently bought Pokemon White 2 bc I needed it for PokeTransfer from older games, but I'm enjoying it so far. I notice that I have no GEN-V Pokemon in my team whatsoever except for my starter, though I'll probably replace him as well as soon as I can get my hands on a Lapras in-game.

Also currently playing FFXIII-LR, though not that far ahead yet bc of my lack of time to play it. I'm enjoying it quite a lot though. Also I dropped AC4 because I really didn't like it that much. Still wondering whether I should purchase Bravely Default or save the money for the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright thing coming out at the end of this month.

^ When it comes to Bravely Default you have to ask yourself a few questions first... Do you like turn based RPG's like final fantasy IV? Do you like the grind? Are you interested in investing a lot of time on a single game? Is a class system similar to FF Tactics that is implemented in a traditional JRPG worth experiencing?

If you answered any of the above with yes then Bravely Default is definitely for you, but if you are not an experienced JRPG player then I couldn't really say if the game is for you or not, because this game is hard and if you don't like to grind then you are gonna have a terrible time with it because this game is extremely grind heavy almost to the point where it's essential late game. Other than that IMO it's the best JRPG released on handheld since DQ IX on DS. I will say however this game actually does make it easy-er to grind with a few different functions in game, but you know grinding is still grinding no matter how you do it XD

EDIT: Also it's a shame you dropped AC4. I myself haven't finished it yet either but I plan to eventually. One of the biggest problems I think is the fact there's just so much shit to do... I sometimes find myself at a loss of what I should do next, and just end up losing interest and start doing random naval battles XD

...I think I'll skip then XD I played the demo and I enjoyed the concept of it, but it was a bit too hard for me. I've played Final Fantasy III on DS a few years back and even though I enjoyed the combat system and the story, I just wasn't good at battles. I was sincerely underleveled at pretty much everything I did, though I had minimal to zero problems with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Then again, I really don't like long grinding, lol. I even get impatient if I have to grind my Pokemon for gym battles, so I guess I'll skip out on it until I can get it out somewhere cheaply XD

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is something better to invest in my case then, I think. I've never played any of the Professor Layton games so I'm not sure how I'll like the puzzle aspect of the game but I've played every Phoenix Wright title to date (except AAI2 which was never localised outside of Japan) so I doubt I'll dislike that part, haha. Logic and trying to connect the dots is the best part of these games and they actually made me go to lawschool, haha.

Yeah, I just wasn't really feeling AC4 :( As a pirate game it was a lovely game, but it didn't feel like an AC game to me, if you know what I mean...and that's why I bought the game, to have an Assassin's Creed game; good old Assassins vs. Templars. I stopped after sequence 4 or so, and since Lightning Returns released I haven't been playing it at all. I'm considering taking it back to GameStop or so to have it sold as used, I can at least catch a few bucks to spend on other games that way. /also i sucked so bad at naval battles lmao

By the way Saku, have you picked up Lightning Returns yet? If so, how do you feel about it?

Naw I've been too busy with other games... however I did play the demo and I really enjoyed the real time battle system and stuff. I was planning on waiting six months and then pick it up for twenty bucks XD Also I heard the story is as awful as XIII-2's story so... yeah I'm in no rush to play a FF with a shitty story no matter how fun the battle system is :|

As far as games I'm playing right now... DARK SOULS II holy shit this game is taking over my life right now, I'm level 105 and have about 45 hours invested and I still feel like I'm no where near finishing. But it's so good and it's just as challenging as the first DS. Exploration and discovery are still cornerstones of the experience and I'm so relieved that From Software and the new director were able to pull it off so good.

I really like the new battle system, it's a lot more interactive compared to the paradigm shift system. The most complaints storywise that I've heard were about the time limit. You are on a tight schedule and people who complain about that are just absolute shit at time management. I mean I'm the biggest procrastinator that ever lived and even I haven't run out of time yet. If you do run out of time it's game over and you have to completely start over again.

The game starts with 6 days on the clock and since God only awakens to create a new world on the 13th day, it's your job to extend the end of the world up to 12-13 days, which you do by saving souls. There are as far as I know 5 main quests, each one leads to you save the soul of one of the main characters (that being for example Snow or Noel and so on), so unless you do too many sidequests it shouldn't be too hard. Speaking of hard:

NORMAL MODE IS INSANE.

I started on Normal like I usually do and jesus christ is it hard, so I had to restart on easy, lol. Idk I really enjoy the story then again I've enjoyed the entire XIII-series. I'm not speaking directly to you Saku in what I'm going to say bc I agree XIII-2's story wasn't too great, but I feel like a lot of male FF fans dislike the series because they're mostly dominated by women. A lot of these people tend to not understand that linear doesn't equal bad. I'm not surprised that most gamers who liked the XIII-series were actually women. The guys who hate on XIII because they dislike Lightning are the same ones who keep saying FFXV is going to bring the series back on track and it's no coincidence it has an nearly all-male cast (and so far Noctis' impression as a character isn't much different from how Lightning is). At least, on the "good" side there isn't a female at all, just Noctis and his guys. I don't mind it having an all-male cast again, it just bothers me that I feel like this series is getting more hate than it deserves just because of the womanly touch of it (I mean srsly everyone hated X-2 as well and it had all girls too).

So yeah, don't let others dominate your opinion too much, but I understand if you want to wait. I'll be doing the same with any upcoming Assassin's Creed games bc of AC4 as well.

No I think people don't like it because it has a shit plot.. lol like seriously it went to hell after the first game. I really don't think Square had any idea whatsoever where they wanted to take the story after the first game because they literally just screwed shit up with throwing in that time travel bullshit and then continued the theme with this end of the world time paradox shit where no body ages in LR. It's just not good writing and they executed it horribly. It has nothing to do with the female dominated cast which btw really isn't that dominated i mean theirs about the same number of significant male characters as there are female.. Hope, Snow, Sazh, Noel. that's four right there so no I don't buy that bullshit about it being because they're all female xD I liked XIII because of the characters and the story, it actually did hit me on an emotional level. the battle system I could take or leave it. XIII-2 had a horrible story but a great battle system (imo it has the best out of the three games). I feel like all these sequels did was make people hate the characters which is a shame because the characters were just about the only thing this trilogy had going for it in the first place. People have faith in XV because for one it's not being handled by the shit XIII team and for two we've been waiting for it for almost a decade now. hype builds and regardless of assumptions based on teaser E3 trailers we never know what stuff will be different when the game releases. Little is known about Knoctis or the story in XV so there's no point in trying to compare him to any other character in the FF series.. there's just to many unknowns involved and trying to draw conclusions is pretty much a waste of time right now.. I however am hopeful that we get some more info on the game this E3 :)

btw nobody liked X-2 because the story was godawful I mean even more so than this trilogy... like srsly go back and play it, it's like banging your head against a wall repeatedly. If it wasn't for the superb battle system and the ability to skip cut scenes in that game nobody would even bother playing it. because it's actually fun to play if you skip every single bit of story content XD not shitting you I know people who play it like that.

that shit is amazing.

and that happens when i already sold my psp... god damn it! ;/

currently playing apollo justice btw. lol @ not shaved outcast phoenix 

Why do I always end up replaying one of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy games once a year......

Pokemon soul silver

Pokemon black version

Pokemon Y

Star Ocean Till the End Of time

Star Ocean The last hope

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy XIII

Resident Evil  5

Resident Evil 6

and many more i can't remember 

I recently decided to do a hard mode run through Persona 3 FES on my PC through PCSX2 emulation, 4x native resolution at 60 fps equals LOVE!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm also using a widescreen patch for persona so that shit is legit 16:9 screen ratio and with none of that stretched out pseudo widescreen shit ;)

also just finished my good karma run through on Infamous: Second Son earlier tonight... now to do a evil karma run and after it'll be trophy hunting till I get the platinum :)

I'm still looking for a cheap used copy of either Soul Silver or Heart Gold. I played it on an R4 card back in the day so I can't play it on 3DS + it's harder to convert Pokemon to Pokebank bc I need to trade them to Diamond first. Plus I would love to play the game over again. Sadly all places that I know sell them new at full price and the used ones aren't much cheaper :(

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Woah, this is great. The gameplay isn't all that exciting. Same old, same old. But the humour, visuals and style, and not to meantion the brilliant soundtrack by the synthwave/retro electro band Power Glower is beyond brilliant. I already know the soundtrack fairly well as I've been listening to it for a long time, but you can't get bored of it. It's so god damn awesome. THey also use "Friends" by Dragon Sound, a fictional band from the awesome film Miami Connection as an ending sound. It's just awesome!

Yoshi's New Island and Bioshock Infinite.
Oh! also, the demo of JoJo, can't stop playing it :L

I actually downloaded Phantasy Star Online 2 last night and went through the entire English patching process and got it set up correctly. I've been meaning to check the game out for a while now since I always hear great things but never wanted to deal with patching and all the hoops that you have to jump through. Gonna play it later tonight for the first time.