Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Any opinion on it? Was it better or worse? Was it deathcore-d up like Zan was? Anything?

I'm looking forward to OBSCURE more than LOTUS anyhow, much like how I was looking forward to ZAN more than Hageshisa.

Just wondering, is their OHP not accessable on your computers??

It only says:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

when I'm trying to visit it (I have it as my start page) :3

Any opinion on it? Was it better or worse? Was it deathcore-d up like Zan was? Anything?

I'm looking forward to OBSCURE more than LOTUS anyhow, much like how I was looking forward to ZAN more than Hageshisa.

apparently it's a lot more "melodic" in the sense of UROBOROS. And that the overall track is very familiar, but also very different. I don't think it's going to be that drastic of a change compared to both ZAN's though

I'm looking forward to OBSCURE more than LOTUS anyhow.

Exactly the same as me.

Just wondering, is their OHP not accessable on your computers?

more than a week for me

I was trying to get there for the new band pictures, and the site loaded terribly, most pages reporting 403

the official reason: due to heavy traffic from fans accessing their site, the sites server crashed due to the announcement of their new single.

Pretty surprising, I feel like this is indicative of their growing fans

I had a feeling that's what happened, used to happen to Tainted World all the time. ;D

Yay! Dir en grey has as much fans as TW :P

Haha, now seriously. It's all I hear these days. People shouldn't think the site's good enough. Just make it so it won't crash when a certain number of people are accessing it. But that might be harder than I think it is :P haha

yeah most japanese band sites are on really spotty servers in the first place, so this could just be the shitty workings of their server.

Just a sample but from what i heard, if that is the chorus, this is no new masterpiece to repeat over and over for years such as the final. Boooring.

But who knows =)

From the band's official Facebook:

DIR EN GREY has finished filming the video for LOTUS. The director is non-other than Mr. Hiroyuki Kondo, who was also responsible for two videos that won the MTV HEADBANGERS BALL Best Video award two years in a row, “SAKU” and “DOZING GREEN” as well as the video that was banned from TV, “OBSCURE” due to censorship issues.

Sounds promising, I liked those vids. :)

kondo really does amazing work. I can't wait!

DIR EN GREY has finished filming the video for LOTUS. The director is non-other than Mr. Hiroyuki Kondo, who was also responsible for two videos that won the MTV HEADBANGERS BALL Best Video award two years in a row, “SAKU?? and “DOZING GREEN?? as well as the video that was banned from TV, “OBSCURE?? due to censorship issues.

I can't believe dozing green was awarded anything, it was one of their shittiest videos ever (keeping in mind Grief and Reiketsu clips though.)

it's not Kondo to blame though, it's their budget cuts.

I fucking wish they got vulgar to wtd quality bar for PVs back.

I can't believe dozing green was awarded anything, it was one of their shittiest videos ever (keeping in mind Grief and Reiketsu clips though.)

it's not Kondo to blame though, it's their budget cuts.

I fucking wish they got vulgar to wtd quality bar for PVs back.

it only won an award because Dir en grey fans spammed the polling and completely fucked up the results.