Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

It's funny how when Dir en grey releases a short sample, people are like "hard to say". But when other bands releases a short sample, majority of people can tell instantly whether it sucks or not.

Anyway, it sounds just like everything they've been done since Uroboros. I hope it's better than the last single, sample wasn't bad at all.

he wish to blonde his hair back but he barely have hair LOL j/k

but maybe that's one reason he's bald now.

His hair damaged heavily from constant bleaching.

Anyway,

i don't hear any Hageshisha mood on the samples actually. Where is it? How?

As mentioned above, I hope this won't be one of these Hageshisa to like previews which are totally misleading. Also, when they talk about "heaviness" in that song I'm kind of expecting another Hageshisa to like song.

Uhh..?

I liked the guitars in the preview, but it was WAY too short.

I'll like it anyways, but I'm not commenting about anything yet.

Anyway, it sound just like everything they've been done since Uroboros. I hope it's better than the last single, sample wasn't bad at all.

>it sound just like everything they've been done since Uroboros.

>just like everything they've been done since uroboros

>they've only released one original song since uroboros and 1 cover

LOL

Doesn't "since Uroboros" imply Uroboros and everything after that? That seems pretty logical to me. I could be wrong, english is a weird language anyway.

Anyway, it sound just like everything they've been done since Uroboros. I hope it's better than the last single, sample wasn't bad at all.

>it sound just like everything they've been done since Uroboros.

>just like everything they've been done since uroboros

LOL

Doesn't "since Uroboros" imply Uroboros and everything after that? That seems pretty logical to me. I could be wrong, english is a weird language anyway.

Nah, most often, when someone says "since ", they mean starting after that . I can see the logic in your thoughts though.

Nah, most often, when someone says "since ", they mean starting after that . I can see the logic in your thoughts though.

yea, it's a little confusing I guess and some languages I've studied include the time you're referencing, but no in English it wouldn't include Uroboros with that statement. ; )

I'm not sure about the vocals. They sound too loud, but this is just a LQ preview so can't judge the mixing of the song yet.

But it does sound promising.

and those two songs might just be the most perfect sounds to have ever touched my ears :D so i'm quite exited about the new release... maybe something softer now? 15seconds is really short to judge anything, but it's gonna be awesome, it has to be [/fanboyism] :gaga:

yeah, this preview maybe the part where the song going climatic.

You know, that kind of ballad that builds up slowly.

Maybe something like Dozing Green? <--- Solid song btw.

Yeah, but when people say, for example "since 1990" they mean 1990 and after that. You don't just skip the whole year. Doesn't make sense. But whatever, the point is that it sounds like anything on Uroboros. Not complaining though, it's one of their few good albums.

Reminded me of the Hageshisa to preview. I remember someone here said it was supposed to be a ballad of sorts? Really exited to hear how the verse sounds.

My feelings now? The guitar/vocal combination sounded weird first, but it's something new to me at least, so hooray's on the creative side. I'll probably end up loving the song, but if it sucks, i'll love it until the shine of a new Dir en grey song wears off.

I hope it has skull crushing double bass 8)

yea, it's a little confusing I guess and some languages I've studied include the time you're referencing, but no in English it wouldn't include Uroboros with that statement. ; )

This is very incorrect. I'm always amazed by how many people don't know how to use since properly. In English, since defines a starting point, meaning from this point in time/from this moment on (until now) and the subject is always included, ie: since last week, since 1890, since Winter, since I left school, "since last Tuesday Irene has been eating Chinese food every day" (implies she ate it on Tuesday and each day thereafter) or "since Uroboros everything they've done has had a similar or distinct sound." Subject is always included.

It's not that confusing and I wasn't even born in an English speaking country. I'd wager the OP's comment was jumped on and dissected to discredit his (or her) opinion. :wink:

^fail

since is a very difficult phrase because it can or can not encompass something. It can be a starting point, but it can also be a point after the designated topic. It's a flexible term. It's main focus though, is on events after. such as:

Since World War 2: you are discussing events that have happened passed world war 2. yes you are encompassing it, but it is not the focus of the topic. Such as "things have gone down hill since world war 2" world war 2 is not the topic, it is a mere starting point. The main focus is on events that happened after world war 2, a set time elapse.

so no SUBLIMINAL, you are wrong. and don't try to act so butthurt with that last comment. you're an idiot.

this is of course on topic though, and shouldn't be...

Added a warning to o hai itz will's profile for unnecessary personal insults.

Please note that a 2nd warning will result in an immediate ban or temp-ban.

This is the 3rd warning I'm handing out for things like this in as many days. Please remember that as per our recent announcement we are coming down very hard on things like this because we want to clamp down on rude behaviour and unnecessary drama-whoring. If you can't discuss a topic without insulting people, better say nothing at all.

Now, back to topic please. Bakteeri has already explained what he meant, so there's no reason to discuss semantics any further. Any off-topic from now on will be deleted.

This is the 3rd warning I'm handing out for things like this in as many days. Please remember that as per our recent announcement we are coming down very hard on things like this because we want to clamp down on rude behaviour and unnecessary drama-whoring. If you can't discuss a topic without insulting people, better say nothing at all.

Now, back to topic please. Bakteeri has already explained what he meant, so there's no reason to discuss semantics any further. Any off-topic from now on will be deleted.

if you're going to warn me, warn Miasma and Subliminal as well. you're picking favorites. and if you want to continue this, I'm sure you can try to be mature and we can discuss this via PM or with another admin.

if you're going to warn me, warn Miasma and Subliminal as well. you're picking favorites. and if you want to continue this, I'm sure you can try to be mature and we can discuss this via PM or with another admin.

so no SUBLIMINAL, you are wrong. and don't try to act so butthurt with that last comment. you're an idiot.

dude you insulted another member, with the intention of doing so right from the start. no other person involved did, so obviously you're the one in the wrong.. so yea not a favorites game, but you were just the one who stepped over the line first. so drop it.