Jigsaw9

MEJIBRAY

58 minutes ago, 『YELLOW DIAMOND』 said:

this is for @itsukoii

I do not regret a thing

i'm CRYING W T F

"DIRTY PIG PSYCHO" is really fun pretty well done jazz-kei. Real horns too, ahaha.

Also, I might actually be warming up to "uka"???? Maybe??....

WN9ip7f.gif

Yokusou sounds like MEJIBOYS PRESENTS: DUM SPIRO SPERO - it's a studio cut so of course Tzk gutturals sound constrained and awkward. At 2:20 however he nails it down HARD.

DIRTY PIG PSYCHO sounds like.. DDRM brass band falling down a flight of stairs..... so DDRM brass but kinda better I guess.

What do you all think? if I had to choose a pro and con takeaway, I'd say this:

>Though DPS is not one of their better attempts it's something genuinely new for them.

>Yokusou is actually quite pretty but again they leave one of these heavy tracks without a discernable chorus and no sufficient climax for the progression despite setting a delightful staget.

If MEJIBRAY could just make an effort to combine these high energy catchy title tracks with one of these tantalizing atmospheric endeavors - we could have more finished product that is memorable or at least WORTH remembering.

I'll keep this one playing a whIle - I know they have a greater capacity in there somewhere though lol.

i can't tell if meji picked up or hung up on my call of wanting jazz kei...... but nevertheless DIRTY PIG PSYCHO is an oddly satisfying mess

i have yet to listen to the other song

Yokusou may be my favorite release by them everything about it sounded fresh and original.

It can't be just me who thinks this whole thing came from the same assembly line as the rest of their stuff. 

The transition from the intro to the verse is one they've used before and on multiple occasions in all likelihood. the riffs and solo are fucking _standard_ Mejibray and I need not mention the chorus. That female vocalist they got for decoration also sounds exactly the same in this as she has previously.  

The second song is reminiscent of at least Fell to heaven, 剥落, Kairi and those I just recall off the top of my head. 

The third song is a little out there for them, but often one song on a single is. 

This could have come from a Mejibray generator. The A-side goes into the same bin with Venoms, Agitato, Die Kusse, Paradigm Paradox, Raven... There's nothing discernable here that makes it any better or worse than the rest of them!

49 minutes ago, Disposable said:

The second song is reminiscent of at least Fell to heaven, 剥落, Kairi and those I just recall off the top of my head. 

Another comparison I forgot to make, so much like the stretch of Kairi-...Until from VENOMS.APP. All pretense and then slips through your fingers with no substance.

2 hours ago, Euthanasia said:

They released a live limited song today at their live at 池袋EDGE. It's called ナナキ. 

Cwa8_IZUcAALhWd.jpg

(hopefully someone will sell it at mbok or something)

Fuck, There's another rare one.

On 03/11/2016 at 4:00 PM, Disposable said:

This could have come from a Mejibray generator. The A-side goes into the same bin with Venoms, Agitato, Die Kusse, Paradigm Paradox, Raven... There's nothing discernable here that makes it any better or worse than the rest of them!

This. But also

Holy shit, are mejibray even bothered about their music anymore?

All the songs in the single are passable, title track is nice enough to be title track. Others are meh, specially that jazzy track.

DID HE FUCKING CUT IT OR DID HE JUST TIE IT UP........