Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

DISREIGN (YOHIO) 1st single UNTIL THE FADE

After listening to it at least 30 times and no i am not exaggerating i can honestly say the song is actually well done and pretty damm good. I'm super excited to see what else these guys can make. You should all give it a listen before going off on a rant.

Okay it surprised me. Sadly the song didnt make me addicted or anything like this, i think the sabi could be stronger, but its really good produced. 

Sincerely, the best non japanese vk band so far.

It makes me kinda sad cuz i really dislike Yohio :(

They have everything right, they look pretty awesome, they have a high quality music video and they have recorded the song in a proper studio. The song just isn't that great.

DiVOID is still my favorite. Their songs are awesome, and they did it with basically a zero budget and probably recorded it at home too. 

They have everything right, they look pretty awesome, they have a high quality music video and they have recorded the song in a proper studio. The song just isn't that great.

I pretty much feel the same minus the looking awesome part. Mustache dude stuck out like a sore thumb. Him and the bassist looked hella awkward doing the headbang parts too. Yohio's voice is surprisingly decent though, which is a plus. Other than that, this is really no different than a video from a Vk indies band. Just something you look at once and never really go back 2 again. 

I agree with chemicalpictures. It's not bad, but it's mediocre. Sounds just like any other YOHIO song, but with breakdowns. It's got a nice production and all, but the song is just meh. It's important to say that any random jap band gets a production like this and they're poor as fuck. They say YOHIO is rich and 'famous', so I'd expect something better from a rich guy.

The song is not bad, I just resent the musical style a bit because, as I have said about other bands, it becomes monotone and it doesn't stand out given the fact that most bands sound like this nowadays, but it is not a bad product anyway.

It was above the average vk bullshit for sure. but the song didn't flow for me with the vocals on top of the instrumental. And i'm made he demoted himself to standard vk harsh. the video wasn't a waste neither

as for the gazette/diru riffage, their tunning is better :-o

as for an actual western  vk band

are my fav SLAY!

edit: can we all appreciate that he knows hown to put on makeup, and doesnt look like a fucking retard doing the harsh part in the pv

Edited by blackdoll

I wonder why western VK bands don't get inspiration from old achool Visual Kei which is the type of Visual Kei that achieved a certain distinct sound.

Perhaps, they feel that type of music is too indie-sounding and will not get them enough fans or probably their main attraction to Visual Kei is the aesthetics and not so much the music itself...

Interestingly, Dir en grey released UROKO recently, it sounds extremely old school Visual Kei but with a more contemporaneous touch. That's proof that you can modernize sounds while keeping its esence.

I wonder why western VK bands don't get inspiration from old achool Visual Kei which is the type of Visual Kei that achieved a certain distinct sound.

Perhaps, they feel that type of music is too indie-sounding and will not get them enough fans or probably their main attraction to Visual Kei is the aesthetics and not so much the music itself...

purely your opinion, which is founded on nothing

That's proof that you can modernize sounds while keeping its esence.

modernizing music is notting new

I heard "Filth in the beauty" rised up like a phoenix ;)

Sorry but too bad YOHIO is their vocalist, since I know DISREIGN is originally JENZiiH's project.

But if they're going to make it in Japan, they need a vocalist with real Japanese lyrics and YOHIO is suitable for that.

Seikun, there were actually western bands ripping off old school visual kei. We have collected a lot in this thread. As you can see, or listen, they weren‘t really good and mostly only at the level of some terrible japanese crap kei bands. Not that most current western modern-VK inspired bands are good either. Also what is an indie sound? Indie is such a nebulous umbrella term. If you mean the musical influences: yes, that could be. You have to realize, tthat newcomers are introduced to VK by the bands that are active and hyped now. People rarely start by listening to some obscure 90s indie band, they get into VK by listening to Metalcore, Nu Metal and modern Pop Rock (or even Emo) and then often stumbling upon VK by accident, or are discovering it because they like Anime, japanese stuff, etc.

In Yohio‘s case he might have the right styling and the budget, but the song still comes off as a half cooked uninspired mess. Not a fan of that bleepy Visualcore thing in general, but western groups have somehow the talent to make it more unbearable for me. The fact that Yohio sings in japanese doesn‘t help either (I can‘t judge if his japanese is good or bad though). I am sure some western groups could pull it off and I am not one of the people who believe Visual kei is a totes japanese-only thing. But so far I haven‘t really discovered a single non-japanese group doing it really right. Except maybe for Silver Ash, who are chinese.

Actually since they probably want to become famous in Japan what they are doing is pure logic. Japanese visual kei fans in general don't give a shit about the old school bands. There is a reason why for example old school guys like Kenzi (even though he has been in the legendary band Kamaitachi, still plays almost only at Shinjuku Birth) or the 90's revival events are held in small live houses (like Rokumeikan, Ikebukuro Cyber) while for example Arlequin plays at much bigger places.

The fans of old school VK in Japan are in general people who were fans at the time those bands were around for real, and most of them don't care enough to attended their gigs/buy their new music anyway. It's not like here on MH/in the west, where there actually seem to be a lot of old school vk fans.

Post-listening vibes:

*artificial harmonics*

*01010100300130*

*odd gackt vibratos*

*verses that sound a bit like something Tenten or MBHI has done before*

*visualcore idiocy all over again*

This is not the recipe of "getting everything right" in all honesty :D

Also: looks aren't that special or good either - AND, anyone?

Post-listening vibes:

*artificial harmonics*

*01010100300130*

*odd gackt vibratos*

*verses that sound a bit like something Tenten or MBHI has done before*

*visualcore idiocy all over again*

This is not the recipe of "getting everything right" in all honesty :D

Also: looks aren't that special or good either - AND, anyone?

odd gackt vibratos oh my GOD

also its better than the mejibray single so thats all

odd gackt vibratos oh my GOD

also its better than the mejibray single so thats all

How does that low-hanging fruit taste?

Cuz from here I'm smelling something salty..

so i've been thinking about it and i think got it. The ptoblem is yohio. it reminds me of stereotypes like white people can't rap. in this case westerners cant flow/spit on a vk instrumental

you gotta just feel it (flow example)

Sign in to follow this