Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Gangsta... You're seriously gonna end like that without a second season announcement?

not gonna happen soon. the manga is airing pretty slow, i would expect 2nd season in 2 or 3 years.

from new season i'll definitely watch Monogatari's Final Season. SO EXCITED! D<

also gonna try One Punch Man (not really excited about it, though)

I recently went on an anime binge, caught up with a lot of more recent shows.

K

Parasyte

Death Parade

Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul √A

I really liked Parasyte. Death Parade was decent. I was REALLY disappointed with Tokyo Ghoul after all the huzzah I read about it. :/ K was so bad but for some reason I really want to see the sequel. Morbid curiosity I guess. X"D

I recently realized I never finished watching Ergo Proxy so that's up next on my list. I have no idea about any more recent/new-ish anime to watch so if anyone has any cool sci-fi/occult themed shows I'd love recommendations!

I recently went on an anime binge, caught up with a lot of more recent shows.

K

Parasyte

Death Parade

Tokyo Ghoul

Tokyo Ghoul √A

I really liked Parasyte. Death Parade was decent. I was REALLY disappointed with Tokyo Ghoul after all the huzzah I read about it. :/ K was so bad but for some reason I really want to see the sequel. Morbid curiosity I guess. X"D

I recently realized I never finished watching Ergo Proxy so that's up next on my list. I have no idea about any more recent/new-ish anime to watch so if anyone has any cool sci-fi/occult themed shows I'd love recommendations!

I absolutely love the Tokyo Ghoul manga but the anime is pretty bad in comparison.

I have the same strange thing with K. Though I'm totally here for more Fushimi.

Parasyte was really good as a whole. Really enjoyed that one too.

------------

Finished most of past season's anime now. Waiting for new ones to start and finishing some other on-hold ones in the meantime. Like Bokura ga Ita for instance. Getting mad over everyone being unreasonable but I guess that's a general definition for shoujo series so.

soooo, anyone any tips for the upcoming fall season?

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2015/tv

so far nothing at all on the list really gets my hopes up much.

moderately interested in:

Noragami S2

(first season was okay, albeit rushed and crappy season finale)

One Punch Man

(over the top humor and just insane production value, these fights look more boss than the whole team of avengers could ever hope to be. curious if it carries longer than a few episodes tho)

Lupin III L'avventura Italiana

never watched lupin before, but since it's sort of a classic and the intro looks pretty dope i'll give it a spin

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans

well, it looks okay, gundam has always been pretty hit or miss with me tho (mostly miss...)

Haikyuu S2

watched season one. was an okay time-waster

I feel pretty lukewarm about this season...
As a connoisseur of cliche rom-com harem series (no matter how torturous they are)
I can't speak for everyone, but here is what I'm going to try and pick up:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuru Yuri S3:
Same as S1 and S2. It's a feel-good comedy series so I'm pretty indifferent about it all.

Lance N' Masques:
I'm not too big a fan of the art-style. One of the many "knight" plots this season.

Heavy Object:
J.C. Staff... Please let this be a proper Dengeki Bunko adaptation. Actually looking forward to this since Index 3 doesn't look like it's gonna happen...

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk:
I don't like the Infinite Stratos parallels, and the plot reminds many of World Break...
While that combination sounds nightmarish, I'm hoping to be proven otherwise.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry:
I'm reading the manga, and I'm kinda looking forward to this.
It's kinda generic, but as long as the pacing is decent (akin to the LN) I should be fine with it.

Shomin Sample:
I'm reading this manga as well... While the plot is unique, it's your generic harem series.
In it for the characters and slew of references. (Hopefully it sides more with the LN, but I have a good feeling this is going to be rushed)

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shita ga Umatteiru:
I like paranormal and detective-work stuff, so this sounds promising

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai:
Again, this is the 4th magic knight series on this list... "You're killin me, Smalls!"
I'm going to reluctantly pick this up like all the others (drops are imminent)

Hidan no Aria AA:
This is exactly the Railgun-Index scenario. The first season completely tanked and they couldn't afford to continue
the existing series. This spinoff is going to attract hordes b/c of the all female cast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S1's of K, Owari no Seraph, Underwater Ray Romano, and GochiUsa are on my backlog so I probably won't pick them
up until the BDs are released.

I'm disappointed in the recent influx of 10-minute - 2-minute series, but I guess it's good for smaller studios to test the waters.

After doing a little digging regarding why Gangsta ended up that way, here's what happened recently.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-01/manglobe-anime-studio-files-for-bankruptcy/.93611

With that said, I still find this inexcusable. Look at Arslan Senki and Akatsuki no Yona. Those 2 have an actual end to the show in a middle of an overall (incomplete) story and yet, Gangsta doesn't have a single sense of a resolution. At least try Manglobe.

I still really liked gansta but yes that ending was so anti climatic and just felt incomplete... I will probably be picking up the manga though :D

This new season is gonna rape me dry. x_x

Comet Lucifer

Concrete Revolutio

Heavy Object

K: Return of Kings

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Fafner Exodus S2

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

Young Black Jack

One Punch Man

Watched the first episode of Young Black Jack and I absolutely love it. The main character is right in my alley of preferred protagonists, and I simply adore hospital drama.

I got around to completing the first season of Attack on Titan. I didn't re-watch the first five episodes that I slept through and figured that I could sum it up in a handful of words from basic training, potatoes, and crunchy. It really picked up for me after the plugging of the wall. Honestly? It's not the worst thing I've watched, but it's also not the End All, Be All Anime that a lot of people were claiming it to be because well... anime fans on Tumbles are weird to me.

Noragami Aragoto - This is what I'm most excited for this season! Noragami is always awesome and I'm happy they're doing the Bishamon arc.

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen - More cheesy ONS goodness, can't help but love those cuties.

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou - I haven't been that crazy about the parts of the manga I've read so far, but this is turning out to be pretty funny.

Kowabon - since each episode is so short I'm not sure if this is going to be good or not, but it's an interesting animation style for sure.

One Punch Man - Since this is all over the place I watched the first episode. It didn't really strike me so I don't know if I'll keep watching it, but maybe...

Started Kowabon and Kagewani, which both have short running times, and I found them not as interesting as I thought they'd be.  I am not much of a kaiju fan either, at least not in this style, and prefer Yami Shibai.  But since Kagewani has the same director as Yami Shibai maybe it'll get interesting later.

I also recently watched the first episode of Owarimonogatari and damn was that episode filled with heavy dialogue!  The animation seemed very static too, but it was a great episode!  Somehow all that dialogue just pulls you in, even though they get long and unnecessary, and that's what I like about the monogatari series!

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou — Super powers, magical girls (in a non-cliché and overly sexualized manner), aliens and mechas. This anime is set in an alternate Japan, and the art-style very much reminds me of the more comical sets on shows such as Space Dandy, meaning that the colourful and non-realistic scenery immediately caught my eye. Lots of action and quite frankly, the first episode became slightly confusing when the pilot was nearing its end because so much was happening at once. 

Noragami Aragoto — This show seems to simply continue onwards from where it ended with the first season; Yukine and Yato bickering, and Hiyori not really knowing her place in the midst of this all. I am still not too certain about this anime and what keeps my interest on it. I like the focus on Bishamon, though. She seems to be able to spice up the show a little with this new arc, and I have always found her a more interesting god than Yato himself. 

One Punch Man — I am highly anticipating for this anime to live up to its hype, and it might even attract a new audience. The art is sublime, and the comical appearance of Saitama in the middle of all these amazingly rendered action-scenes is quite refreshing. 

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen — The addition of the Hiiragi family seems to finally bring some more interesting plot-line to this show, because to focus solely on finding Mikaela became tiring after a few episodes. I am not a fan of the girls in this show at all (this is mostly the case for me with most anime I watch), so for me it's great that they added some authority and maturity into the mix.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru — I honestly couldn't pay much attention to this. The plot is certainly interesting but somehow I couldn't focus all that much on the pilot episode, perhaps I was just tired. The idea of an animated version of Bones —if you might call it so— intrigued me, and I am glad that this will not turn out to be another anticipated show to turn into a romantic sap-fest derived from the original story. It's a novel-adaptation of a detective series, so I believe they won't make these mistakes. The visuals are absolutely stunning, perhaps this is even the most beautiful anime I have seen in this year, or previous few years, and I look forward to watch this when I am more focused on the story. 

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider — This is the mature participant of the season. Quite frankly, I had no idea what this anime was to be about as I had not really looked for a description, but it was actually more or less the cover on MyAnimeList that interested me. That might be an odd reason to start watching a show, but I am glad I did. The first episode leaves one with a lot of questions and I think this is also some sort of detective series, or at least that it has something to do with crime and mystery.

It's weird seeing so many people finally getting into One Punch Man. Not going to be that nerd that will complain about 'newbies', I'm just glad that it's getting more fans.

^ I thought about picking up the manga before, but now it's become an anime.  So now I'm kinda like should I read it first or watch it first?  Most likely I'll watch the anime first though since I'm more of an anime person.

From this season: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans and One Punch Man
These are freaking good anime, both of them are going to be amazingly awesome (specially One Punch Man... dude, if you haven't read the manga then you really don't know how great everything is going to be).

Started with Assassination Classroom (I liked it, not the big deal by the moment but I'm getting into it. Damn, Koro-sensei is somewhat cool) and Daiya no A (Diamond no Ace? Ace of Diamond?), I want to experience if it is good or not (since a lot of people keep saying that Major is a lot better), it kept my attention :)

I'm just not interested in reading manga. I'd rather pick up a good book to immerse myself in instead of looking at a picture book (to give that dramatic exaggeration). 

From this season: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans and One Punch Man

These are freaking good anime, both of them are going to be amazingly awesome (specially One Punch Man... dude, if you haven't read the manga then you really don't know how great everything is going to be).

Started with Assassination Classroom (I liked it, not the big deal by the moment but I'm getting into it. Damn, Koro-sensei is somewhat cool) and Daiya no A (Diamond no Ace? Ace of Diamond?), I want to experience if it is good or not (since a lot of people keep saying that Major is a lot better), it kept my attention :)

I personally think diamond is awesome and one of the better more realistic sports shows I've seen the past few years, it's also very informative and if you already are a baseball fan it should be right up your alley. Even if you're not into baseball that much the show still has a lot to offer though, and I personally recommend it to people who are looking for a really good sports anime with lots of character development.

I personally think diamond is awesome and one of the better more realistic sports shows I've seen the past few years, it's also very informative and if you already are a baseball fan it should be right up your alley. Even if you're not into baseball that much the show still has a lot to offer though, and I personally recommend it to people who are looking for a really good sports anime with lots of character development.

I second this.

Ignoring Prince of Tennis, my sportsrun started with Free and Kurobasu and to be honest with you, Daiya and Haikyuu deserve the spotlight way more than the aforementioned. While Haikyuu goes heavily on the team relationships and has an adorable side to it, it still remains a good sportsseries showing the ups and downs of team members and the team as a whole. Same goes for Daiya though it's way more serious than any other series in my opinion. They're doing a great job on showing the growth of the members as well as their struggle to overcome fears. At the same time the rival teams are interesting enough for not every match to feel the same way. (well, there's ones that flow better than others, but nothing's perfect after all)

-----

For some reason it feels like I'm only watching mecha this season and that's not even true. I guess Gundam and Fafner in a combo with Comet Lucifer and Heavy Object is nearing the overdose limit.

I'm going to attempt to talk about SAO II without references to dot hack. Anyway, I just discovered that this was on Netflix and while the first one was pretty good halfway, I struggled through the second half of series one. Fortunately, SAO II rarely mentions the second arc of the first, so that's good. I like the detail of the live-ammo weapons in the series and I got into it almost right away. This seems more of an apology to the fans for what they have done in the second arc of SAO. Also, why couldn't they just call it Guns and Sword Art Online as the series title rather than SAO II again?