Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

a lot of people have suggested me to watch One Punch Man, i see a lot of people here are into it too. yet i'm going for the thirds with Peach Girl :D (Okayasu-kuuuun <3)

At the moment, have been doing a long running, shounen anime binge. Been trying to catch up with One Piece having started it a few months back, slowly getting through Hunter x Hunter and on episode four of Fairy Tail. Will add in Gintama. at some point. Have to get to some romance series too that's been on hold. *gets lazy updating MAL with all these names running through head* There's not enough hours in a day, damn it!

Fall's season is not entirely over yet with some four to five weeks still on our calenders, and already the winter chart (and the one on MAL) is being released. I've only scanned the upcoming releases briefly and this is what I've come up with for next season, not so much at all as the winter premieres look rather weak in my opinion (lots of ecchi, romance, high school stories and harem):

Ajin

Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Dimension W

Durarara!!×2 Ketsu

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Enryuu-hen

Prince of Stride: Alternative

Possibilities are Divine Gate and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, but I am not certain about those yet.

I am so excited for Ajin. Totally going to give Boku dake ga Inai Machi a go too, it looks like its got pretty art. I've lost interest in Durarara!! but the first series was awesome. Will have to think about picking that back up again. 

(lots of ecchi, romance, high school stories and harem):

I love how this is quite literally the starting pack when it comes to any anime of recent time because that's usually all there is, lol.

For the upcoming season the only series I see that I will probably watch will be Active Raid, but I'm not even too sure about that.  I'm still waiting for Jinraiger and Macross Delta to be properly announce for which part of next year they're going to be airing.

With the current season, which there's isn't much more time left, I'm watching:

• Comet Lucifer
  • Dance with Devils
  • Diabolik Lovers: More, Blood
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  • Starmyu

I'm also currently doing my yearly re-watching of Genesis Climber Mospeada, Blue Comet SPT Layzner, and Rose of Versailles. 

I do have Heavy Object, Concrete Revolutio, K: Return of Kings, and the current season of Fafner on my to watch list.  I'll probaby watch them during next season as there is like nothing I want to watch that's going to be starting up. 

Since there's is like no series that I'm interested starting up next season, I'm going try to make myself watch every Sunrise TV anime series that Tomino Yoshiyuki directed.  Minus La Seine no Hoshi as I can't find a subbed version of the show.  The only bad thing about this is that I just finished Xabungle, plus I haven't ever finished Dunbine and L-Gaim.  However, it's a good excuse to re-watch Ideon for the 20th time.

I'm also currently doing my yearly re-watching of Genesis Climber Mospeada, Blue Comet SPT Layzner, and Rose of Versailles. 

I do have Heavy Object, Concrete Revolutio, K: Return of Kings, and the current season of Fafner on my to watch list.  I'll probaby watch them during next season as there is like nothing I want to watch that's going to be starting up. 

Since there's is like no series that I'm interested starting up next season, I'm going try to make myself watch every Sunrise TV anime series that Tomino Yoshiyuki directed.  Minus La Seine no Hoshi as I can't find a subbed version of the show.  The only bad thing about this is that I just finished Xabungle, plus I haven't ever finished Dunbine and L-Gaim.  However, it's a good excuse to re-watch Ideon for the 20th time.

Wow I expected anyone here to watch oldies such as Mospeada and SPT Layzner. Good stuff!

Good luck on watching all the Tomino shows. I think his shows are very hit or miss but definitely a director worth remembering and keeping an eye on. I still need to see Dumbine and Overman King Gainer. If you didn't know, Zambot 3 is where the nickname "Kill'em all Tomino" begins its fruition.

i'M SUPER FUCKING PUMPED FOR DGM TOO FIRST THE MANGA COMES BACK FROM HIATUS AFTER LIKE 100 YEARS AND NOW WE GET AN ANIME AND ALLEN AND KANDA ARE LOOKING GORGEOUS AHADFOJALDJGAG IT'S BEEN A GREAT YEAR FOR D.GRAY-MAN i'M SO EXCITEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stuck on episode two of D.Gray-Man because the art was just too atrocious to look at. Is it really such a masterpiece that I will be able to ignore this on the long run?

I started watching One Punch Man and Subete ga F Ni Naru. I'm not that crazy about either, I'm already kind of tired of watching Saitama hit things and Subete's dialogue isn't not near as good/clever as they seem to think it is, but I was looking for anything that wasn't based on high school kids. I need to backtrack through this thread and see what went over well...

I am stuck on episode two of D.Gray-Man because the art was just too atrocious to look at. Is it really such a masterpiece that I will be able to ignore this on the long run?

I loved DGM as an anime too but I think most of my love for it comes from the manga. I also watched this years ago so I doubt I'd be able to get myself to watch it for a first time now with the way it looks. It gets better through the episodes though.

I started watching One Punch Man and Subete ga F Ni Naru. I'm not that crazy about either, I'm already kind of tired of watching Saitama hit things and Subete's dialogue isn't not near as good/clever as they seem to think it is, but I was looking for anything that wasn't based on high school kids. I need to backtrack through this thread and see what went over well...

Subete takes itself way too seriously. I expected more. Way more. Tbh, I wouldn't waste my time with it. Really disappointing in the end imo.

Guys it is 4am and idk why i decided to finish sidonia no kishi s2 but i did. it had been so long since i watched episode 7 i didnt even remember who was who....but those last 3 episodes were pretty cool

Guys it is 4am and idk why i decided to finish sidonia no kishi s2 but i did. it had been so long since i watched episode 7 i didnt even remember who was who....but those last 3 episodes were pretty cool

i went through the entire first season barely being able to distinguish who was who so i really dont blame u

i still dont know

This isn't the anime shit talking thread but can we pause and talk for a second about how disappointing this season was for me? I dropped so many anime this season it's not funny. I know I prefer the brainess shounen/seinen to the more story-driven anime so this is of my own doing, but even so...

Comet Lucifer - I....just never got back to this.

Concrete Revolutio - I thought this was a convoluted piece of shit that was trying too hard to be Sherlock Holmsian and didn't try hard enough to make sense. Somehow it got a second season...then again Youkai Watch outsold Star Wars in Japan so anything can happen.

Heavy Object - Big fucking circles with guns doing war with other big fucking circles with guns? That's everything I needed to know to not watch this.

Shinmai Maou no Testament S2 - I didn't even start the second episode of this. Something within me feels like a terrible pervert for even trying to puzzle out the somewhat promising story buried in all the ecchi garbage.

K: Return of Kings - One of the only things worth watching. The animation is superb and the story is stellar. Just confusing enough to remain a mystery, but I'm in the know at all times so I can follow along. Definitely recommended to those looking for anime whose scope extends past high school.

Ace of Diamond S2 - I'm all over this. The last game between Yakushi and Ichidai 3rd was intense, and we don't even follow either of those teams! A show that can get me invested about the most minor of characters is doing something right.

Dragonball Super - I'll be honest; I'm watching this one mostly out of nostalgia and respect for my youth. It's not all that great. Maybe it's because I already knew the story for the first two arcs so I'll wait it out and see where things go after they defeat Freeza. Toriyama is doing a nice job filling in the gaps left by the movie, even if the pace is a bit slow for my liking. Nowhere near as bad as the original DBZ in all it's filler, bloated glory.

One Punch Man - If you try to take this show seriously you will have a bad time. I'm convinced it's a parody about all the tropes in anime that are overdone to death so when I view the show as one entire joke it's good fun. For me the show is about Saitama's struggle to find someone that can actually fight him, the Hero Association and all it's members, and everything in between. We all know he will kill whatever in one punch, so it's more about the journey than the destination.

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen - It started picking up just as I was about to drop it. Have to thank my friend for bringing me over to his house and forcing me to get caught up. I still don't think its better than Attack on Titan, but at least things are finally happening.

The fact that Yu came back from death after rupturing all of his organs and bleeding through his eyes is complete horseshit though...I don't care what the "in universe" explanation is. And then he gets up and fifteen minutes later walks around like he wasn't staring at death in the face. Anime that continuously have to threaten almost certain death of the MC before pulling him out without any sort of immediate consequences don't have enough at stake to make the general plot interesting. Considering that this episode went twenty episodes before farting out anything resembling a decent plot progression point, I'd say I'm right on the mark. Enough with this precipice of death shit. Either kill the main character or don't set him up to look completely dead before the end of an episode to" build up suspense".

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - I'm disappointed in another brainless battle school anime. It was initially so promising and then it became about how much each girl could beg for Ayato's dick before he beta males out of the situation. I don't know how much longer I can stand the "extremely OP male character too insecure to talk to females" trope until I want to take the Ser Veresta and smash the television with it. If you can swing a sword and obliterate almost anything if you give it enough force, you can sleep with a woman when she asks you to. I was recommending it before but now I suggest you just don't.

Sidonia no Kishi S2: I never even started this one LOL is it any good? If it's anything less than an 8/10 I'm not even going to bother.

Overall verdict: No.

This isn't the anime shit talking thread but can we pause and talk for a second about how disappointing this season was for me? I dropped so many anime this season it's not funny. I know I prefer the brainess shounen/seinen to the more story-driven anime so this is of my own doing, but even so...

I had a surprisingly fun time with this season's anime series. But then again, I watched three of the series you have listed here (Concrete Revolutio, One Punch Man and Owari no Seraph's second season). The others I watched were Subete ga F ni Naru, Noragami Aragoto, Sakurako-San no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru, and Young Black Jack, which I found all to be very enjoyable and quite mature. Especially Noragami kept me on edge this time as the Bishamon-arc really did pick up the series and turned it around.

I had a surprisingly fun time with this season's anime series. But then again, I watched three of the series you have listed here (Concrete Revolutio, One Punch Man and Owari no Seraph's second season). The others I watched were Subete ga F ni Naru, Noragami Aragoto, Sakurako-San no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru, and Young Black Jack, which I found all to be very enjoyable and quite mature. Especially Noragami kept me on edge this time as the Bishamon-arc really did pick up the series and turned it around.

How did you feel about Concrete Revolutio? My friend was willing to give it a chance but he never got back to it. If it's any good I can tell him and maybe I'll check it out. I'm genuinely interested in finding great stuff to watch with what little free time I have, so if it does start to make sense at some point that's a plus in my book.

How did you feel about Concrete Revolutio? My friend was willing to give it a chance but he never got back to it. If it's any good I can tell him and maybe I'll check it out. I'm genuinely interested in finding great stuff to watch with what little free time I have, so if it does start to make sense at some point that's a plus in my book.

It took me a few episodes to actually start somewhat liking it. I'm at episode 9 now, so I still need to see if they've been able to keep it up though.

Noragami was good, though I'm confused as to why they decided to change things from the manga again. At least I'm fairly sure there'll be a 3rd season.

The pacing is quite difficult to get used to because of the many flashbacks and whatnot. There were some episodes which I really enjoyed, others were less interesting, but in full it's one of my favourite series of this season. I think it's scoring so low both because of the art (which I personally adore), and the odd time-frame in which it's placed. Seeing scores ranging from literally 1 to 10 makes me think that some people watch this in a really superficial and shallow way and don't try to connect the dots here and there when it comes down to the time-skipping. Not making the connections will indeed overwhelm you with confusion and like that this show won't mean anything and all the fights and characters appear as random.

Wow an anime that took me less than a year to finish? Just finished Aoi Bungaku after abandoning at episode 8 few months ago. Good shit. Would recommend just like I'd recommend Ayakashi. I have a thing for anime adaptations of japanese literature even though i never read the original stories. :\

Time to finish low-budget Black Lagoon errr... i mean, Jormungand season 2.

Why do I feel so productive with my anime lately. A true christmas miracle.