Trombe

DEATHGAZE will be indefinitely on hiatus

DEATHGAZE will be indefinitely on hiatus after their one-man live "死を見据える者達(shi wo misueru monotachi)" at Nagoya ell.FITS ALL at 2014/12/23, and their fan-club will cease new membership subscription at 2014/10/05

I hope that the hiatus will be the start of new and better projects for each member, because their latest releases were pretty boring and uninspired IMO.

I don't know how to feel about this. DEATHGAZE deserves a vacation because they've been going strong for ten years despite all the changes in member lineup. On the other hand, Ai is the reason why this band is still around. Even when things looked hopeless he never gave up faith in the band. Now that they're indefinitely going on hiatus, I don't know what this means for him. I hope his head is in a good place - last time I thought this was going to happen he seemed really depressed.

I really hope this doesn't end up as a break up. I wasn't fond of their recent works but DECADE was awesome. Maybe they will take a break and think about what's best for the band and go from there. Who knows. Ai made this band awesome and despite being on a hiatus, I feel he won't just abandon it without a good enough reason.

As much as I like DEATHGAZE, I've just grown bored of them. I don't think they're as same as everyone says, but at the same time they rarely do anything to make me really want to listen to them over other heavy bands.

What??!

Are there any messages from the band members' on why this is happening?

EDIT: Just read the messages on OHP and I'm crying now. :'(

I think this is good for the band, they latest released aren't really inspirated, just classical DEATHGAZE since Ai take the vocal position...

hope they start to tink about the band, their music and their impact because, because they have no idea about what they represent for fan, for the VK scene and for their music (cf : interview realized on VisualVice)

Why are all the big, older bands taking a hiatus?? D: This is bad...

Maybe for taking time for them to relax, take time with family, take a step back and come back with new fresh idea for composition ^^

Hiatus can be good to them. At least to think about some changes in composition.

I liked their previous releases, but they look... all the same

This just totally ruined my day. Trying to be positive by saying that it'll be good for them to take a break, but I am really gonna miss their music and I'm hoping to God they don't disband. This seems so sudden to me.

It's really disappointing to see all the deeply rooted musicians taking breaks and going on hiatus. Soon there won't be much left to enjoy if they all go on pause.

A pause is fine, I'd say they've earned it, big time.

Here's hoping they return fully charged, and never, ever change their sound.

I couldn't believe this when I saw it on FB... but f*ck D: ..sh*t got real...

Just hope everything and each member which have great playing and vocal skills to still make awesome music... even if they go separate band project ways...

they need to fire Ai, get a new vocalist, and a new composer too while they're at it