Sign in to follow this  
*りりこ*

UNDER CODE will cease operation

I always fuck up my mind, when somebody think a label is the reason because of disbanding. Its mega stupidness.

Dear Dolce bands disbanded because of the label, so it's possible.

*** please, because of the label? or because they made shit music and nobody cared of them?

*** please, because of the label? or because they made shit music and nobody cared of them?

Oh, C'mon. Because you don't like them, that doesn't mean they are bad at all~ d:

I always fuck up my mind, when somebody think a label is the reason because of disbanding. Its mega stupidness.

Dear Dolce bands disbanded because of the label, so it's possible.

They disbanded when the label closed.

But you can keep your comments to yourself, I don't run around and say I care only about NEGA and other bands are this and that, just because I don't listen to them. I liked Dear Dolce bands and if you didn't, it's your problem. I just explained you why people are worried that Undercode bands may disband.

Oh, C'mon. Because you don't like them, that doesn't mean they are bad at all~ d:

No, i mean the indies vk scene is really small in Japan also. For no-name labels/bands much smaller.

They don't have more fans in Japan, than oversea. If it's not possible for them to get an other label, it means they made non-viable music.

I like many bands UNDER CODE had, but now I like only 2 or 3.

Yet I'm shocked, never thought of UNDER CODE closing.

I really hope Kisaki opens a new label.

Omg, he needs to open a new label!

I just feel like, losing UNDER CODE is something very serious for Visual Kei.

Could everyone please stop acting like we're still in pre-school? Mei, wishing terminal diseases on anyone, no matter how big of a douche they are in your opinion, is not tolerated in here. Your opinion on CindyKate isn't very relevant in this thread. pixyfalse01, whatever happened to Dear Dolce and your opinion on their bands is not relevant in here either. Move on and please calm down. Don't feed the troll by reacting dramatically on every anti-KISAKI comment you see. This is also meant for everyone else: don't feel the troll, it'll only make it worse. It's our job to keep a look out for trolls and personal insults. I'm only saying this once because of course no KISAKI topic could ever be wank-free. Continue personal vendettas through PM, not in here. Whoever thinks it's not necessary to take me seriously will get a nice warning on their profile.

It was about time!! Should have been done YEARS ago.

Well, most of the bands are ready for trash bin, but NEGA can seek themselves to a major label, they actually created some decent good pop/rock songs during PERESTROIKA and that "cold bed" song... NEGA would fit good on TOKUMA JAPAN COMMUNICATIONS 8-D

:)

i hope not disbanded Realies, Nega and CindyKate...hmm maybe Megaromania is good too. i hope found new label.

The Futurism Boyz, Cube,Vior gloire,Suzaku bands is shit, not popular. The members leave the bands, for example Futurizm boyz.

I love CindyKate, ..but it's a matter of taste. not now starting the music scene.

Nega is awesome.

The Realies is new band , but very good and original sound. i think many people like this band!

i think Fu.Boyz is shit sound lol, the Vior gloire, Cube and Suzaku "not original sound" , dozen music.

I'm under the impression that the smaller bands might crumble without UNDERCODE's funding. Cube, Suzaku, Cindy Kate etc. Megaromania and Nega might be able to stay afloat on their own without backing from the label and perhaps they'll be picked up by another.

Not sure what's going to happen to Lin, is he going to use the remaining money to fund Lin or will they move to another label? Is he going to put Lin on hiatus?

It's pretty unfortunate but what was the cause, has there been an explanation? I'm guessing it might not be revealed but can anyone speculate? Lets not be total retards and say EL OH EL TAX EVASION. How about use your brain and have a nice discussion.

Was it bankruptcy? The label was being pretty ridiculous, with stuff like buy all four copies from the shop and receive a special five minute long DVD! KISAKI would also start new projects like the Underground Music MP3 store but quickly gave that up before it even had a chance. The label continuously funded bands that weren't doing well in Japan (Arc, Em~Grief) and I am also told that the attendance at lives have diminished over the last year. Perhaps the bands just weren't appealing to the current generation of fans.

It's pretty unfortunate but what was the cause, has there been an explanation? I'm guessing it might not be revealed but can anyone speculate? Lets not be total retards and say EL OH EL TAX EVASION. How about use your brain and have a nice discussion.

Was it bankruptcy? The label was being pretty ridiculous, with stuff like buy all four copies from the shop and receive a special five minute long DVD! KISAKI would also start new projects like the Underground Music MP3 store but quickly gave that up before it even had a chance. The label continuously funded bands that weren't doing well in Japan (Arc, Em~Grief) and I am also told that the attendance at lives have diminished over the last year. Perhaps the bands just weren't appealing to the current generation of fans.

Did you see this article?

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/kisakis-ho ... 11759.html

And there was pretty much a whole thread devoted to it:

viewtopic.php?p=230991#p230991

Considering his panicked reaction of deleting all his blog stuff, maybe crazy fangirls in Japan discovered even more "secret" stuff and he couldn't face it. So he closed up shop.

I'm not saying it's THE reason, but I feel like it probably had at least something to do with it.

Still, i think this is an attention rising. To release many new rare collection history limited stuff and get on the vk magazines cover. Few months after closed, he will form a new label. Since he doesnt have Phantasmagoria, the only money fund is the label. Impossible to think he will go to work for example as waiter :D or totally quitting from music scene.

They have no active major acts to get royalties from except for 12012, and those literally only add $ 0,02 to the bank.

UCP bands aren't technically skilled enough to make profits from extended touring, so I can't see any major label picking up nega or even lin.

I can see some of their acts signing to free-will and becoming another diru copy with moderate to negligible success, but I'm not sure they won't flop under dynamite tommy's pressure.

I'm pretty sure there would be another label, and possibly lots of same bandmen coming back.

If there's any room left for obscure VK indies, Kisaki could fill it by pulling back 2004-2005 tier UCP.

his tax evasion skills might've gone through some heavy polishing as well meanwhile.

NEGA and Megaromania will most likely move to Indie PSC. that's my theory. Indie PSC. will be one band short in October when SCREW goes major on TOKUMA JAPAN, and BORN is the only band with indie status. They will reveal new indie bands soon so why not from UNDER CODE?

I'm under the impression that the smaller bands might crumble without UNDERCODE's funding. Cube, Suzaku, Cindy Kate etc. Megaromania and Nega might be able to stay afloat on their own without backing from the label and perhaps they'll be picked up by another.

Not sure what's going to happen to Lin, is he going to use the remaining money to fund Lin or will they move to another label? Is he going to put Lin on hiatus?

I think it probably just comes down to not doing as well as UCP was in 2004~2006

I think it probably just comes down to not doing as well as UCP was in 2004~2006

I can agree with this. There's no doubt in my mind that visual kei is slowing down. Perhaps Kisaki is just feeling the heat second (I still count Dear Dolce as first, but I think the major problem with that label is that they signed too many bands too fast and none delivered).

It's sad but it happens. I do wonder what will happen to Lin though. I also wonder what's going to happen with your signature inartistic.

I can agree with this. There's no doubt in my mind that visual kei is slowing down.

I can't recall any time in the past 10 years when major labels like avex, sony music and jpop/animu centered tokuma japan and king had more ex-VK/VK bands signed.

universal's interest in VK has faded and they're pushing kpop these days, but VK is still selling. UCP's impact on VK scene got way weaker in the past few years though.

Well when I say Nega and Megaromania being picked up by another label, I didn't mean a major label. Just another one of those indie VK labels. PSC Indie I don't really see it, maybe Nega because we all saw what they can do as Perestroika which can fit the mold that PSC likes. I don't know about Megaromania joining indie PSC but you never know.

Indeed, the label just didn't have that strong of a line up after Phantasmagoria tanked. He tried really hard to make Chariots successful, not sure what the fan support was like in Japan for Chariots but it was obviously with Western fans it wasn't the same like Phantasmagoria.

Dear Dolce I think was just poorly managed by someone inexperienced. I think what happened to Dear Dolce is a little different than Undercode closing. Yeah there was probably some bad managing of funds on KISAKI's part but Dear Dolce barely lasted a year.

Indeed, the label just didn't have that strong of a line up after Phantasmagoria tanked. He tried really hard to make Chariots successful, not sure what the fan support was like in Japan for Chariots but it was obviously with Western fans it wasn't the same like Phantasmagoria.

I feel like the hype faded quite quickly after Vidoll, 12012 and Phantasmagoria (well, not exactly) left UCP. They were doing very well, playing in big venues and selling a good amount of copies for indie bands, then all of sudden they had to settle for the more underground scene and didn't quite get out of that. I also do agree with the statement that KISAKI signed way too many bands in a short period of time, and sadly none of those had any sort of "big" names to bring along any previous fans and start building on that. I think Lin incorporates all of this perfectly, from KISAKI sticking with Riku and some other lesser known names but failing to get as much attention as Phantasmagoria did.

Well when it comes to Lin I have another theory. KISAKI used to be in Syndrome, right? Well, I don't seem to recall Syndrome disbanding because of fights or other nasty reasons apart from musical differences or KISAKI's health. ASAGI and Ruiza from D used to be in this band. ASAGI has his own record label as well, GOD CHILD RECORDS. D has been on that label and while ASAGI never planned other bands to join it he signed GOTCHAROCKA because they didn't have a record label yet and ASAGI and Jui are good friends. Perhaps if there's no bad blood and if ASAGI is willing he might sign Lin to GOD CHILD in order to help them out. But that's just my theory.

Dear Dolce I think was just poorly managed by someone inexperienced. I think what happened to Dear Dolce is a little different than Undercode closing. Yeah there was probably some bad managing of funds on KISAKI's part but Dear Dolce barely lasted a year.

Agree/agree. Dear Dolce closing might have made for interesting news, but it was just tons of tiny bands supported by someone inexperienced. Not really the same.

Re: something you said earlier: I would guess that this is a bankruptcy case. I don't understand how it works honestly, but it seems that lots of business people close their labels, and somehow that clears them of debt and gives them enough funds (new investors?) to start a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here (but who knows?).

Sign in to follow this