Sign in to follow this  
*りりこ*

UNDER CODE will cease operation

Indeed, the label just didn't have that strong of a line up after Phantasmagoria tanked. He tried really hard to make Chariots successful, not sure what the fan support was like in Japan for Chariots but it was obviously with Western fans it wasn't the same like Phantasmagoria.

Dear Dolce I think was just poorly managed by someone inexperienced. I think what happened to Dear Dolce is a little different than Undercode closing. Yeah there was probably some bad managing of funds on KISAKI's part but Dear Dolce barely lasted a year.

Agree/agree. Dear Dolce closing might have made for interesting news, but it was just tons of tiny bands supported by someone inexperienced. Not really the same.

Re: something you said earlier: I would guess that this is a bankruptcy case. I don't understand how it works honestly, but it seems that lots of business people close their labels, and somehow that clears them of debt and gives them enough funds (new investors?) to start a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here (but who knows?).

Well I had a few classes in financial law last year (I'm a law student) and apparently when you file your bankruptcy before everything gets really shitty, part of your debt will be cleared (or completely, I repeat: it were a few classes), at least, that's how our country handles it. It could be a smart move on KISAKI's part to close now, but who knows?

I also wonder what's going to happen with your signature inartistic.

Hahaha, you mean what will be there once UNDER CODE is no more? Probably the same thing until I run out of random shit to post. And then a WE LOVE PSC banner.

(BTW, does the “latest update” thing say something about Taku's memorial live? It's a PHP image that's supposed to update constantly, but looks like it's just caching an old version for me)

I think it would be cool if some of the old UCP bandmates made new bands signed to Ele-Music, sticking with that label's apparent "old-school" (with one oshare-kei?) theme. I think Megaromania might be too big for them at the moment, since their popularity has seemingly increased since the departure of their first drummer, but Vior Gloire could hop over, possibly even Cu[be].

If anyone would be going to indies PSC, I would think it would be ReaLies or Futurism Boys before Nega. Those two bands have a style that is more "up and coming" in the scene than what Nega does in comparison to everything else they currently have signed. I wouldn't be surprised if Jin just made his own label to sell stuff like Tomozo or TOMO did.

Other speculations: Suzaku could be signed to B.P. like the Kiryu are, since they seem to be moving in that musical direction without being The Kiryu 二 . How interesting would it be if Lin went there too because of Rame? I would also be highly amused if Megaromania went back to Sherow Artist's Society since Kamijo might have the time to actually run his label now. Maybe that will fuel the flames of my E'm~conspiring~ theory as well :blob2: .

ANYWAY. I am expecting a huge V.A. release of at least one song of all of UCP's bands, or a history DVD, or history series of CDs...something. I'd buy that, since I think they're cool and all the ones I know of were released way before I got into vk. I highly doubt there will be unreleased material on there, but who knows.

NEGA and Megaromania will most likely move to Indie PSC.

I would rather see them disbanding, than joining this shit label that ruins bands... maybe 2 years ago I wouldn't hate this idea, but now I do :? . All their bands sound awful, at the moment.

I hope that shit label won't sign any bands I like anymore. Seriously.

I hope all your favorite bands don't disband and get out ok, but I'm quite happy the label is no more. Though it's too much wishful thinking that Kisaki will stay away from music. : /

What are the causes/rumors for this closing?

The only band that I liked in this period of the label is Vior gloire. I am actually waiting for their album release.

Old school Visual Kei has almost completely disappeared and this kind of bands don't seem to have many opportunities these days.

Even though UCP is quite different from its past, at least the old school Visual Kei is still existant in this label.

Sign in to follow this