Spike760

Sadie

Now I see! My computer was slow with loading. And the quality is awful D:

First sample had a certain ring to it, the next two were absolutely awful, deathtophia was to the edge of listenable. Graceful Angel made me go 'urgh', the sample after that one sounded pretty cool (favourite so far), GIMMICK sounds ok as well but the last one sounded boring as shit. :/ Somehow I am kind of worried for this album.

the quality of the samples really arent that good.

dont know why they did it this way. maybe faster to load if the files arent that big.

also i dont know about this cd.

i did pre-order bcauz sadie always release good things but dont know yet now.

i need to hear the songs in good quality.

Holy shit, the previews have impressed me so much!

Anyone feel a MUCC influence?

Especially in 砂漠??シンドローム and deathtopia.

Hm, previews though good, but isn't too encouraging.

Maybe the bit rate problem indeed that making it sounds not too good.

But i like it, will looking forward to it nevertheless.

It will be one kick ass album, from the sounds of it.

It take sometime to load the player, but it quite worth the wait :lol:

o btw,

intermezzo

vg6cjr.png

just think that a funny moment, no hard feeling/judgement from me though :D

yeah :D

oh btw, i went to their OHP again, and find that the previews is gone?

Does anyone experience the same thing?

yes their gone.

but doesnt matter.

my limited edition is in the airplane right now so it will be here in a few days.

i can wait now :)

I really enjoy this band! I've listened their new album Cold Blood, and I'm gonna say that's preety good. Saide really keeps their awesomes up, and I hope that it will last for long :D

I love Sadie, did since at least 3 years ago. I really love Mao's voice! It's funny because his voice sounded way different in his ex band. I also heard from various places that he was a part of Phantasmagoria for an incredibly short time and that surprised me.

And Happy birthday Mao! (Although it's technically tomorrow.)

Question, have Sadie signed a Major deal yet?

People as usual arguing on youtube saying they have with a few saying they haven't.

Last time I checked, they were still signed to Face Music/Majestic Records. I believe Face Music is an independent label.

After listening to the album, I've decided to bump this with an actual question that I'm sure many have been wondering about at this point:

What do you think is the reasoning behind SADIE's inconsistency? They've been around for quite some time and yet they have a hard time sticking to a sound and progressing with it. And they also can't seem to shake wanting to be Dir en grey's shadow. Seeing as though I do write music myself and understand how influence is a major factor, they have a hard time using it and in return make carbon copies of Dir's songs. I believe a large reason as to why they haven't been signed to some major deal yet is because of these reasons. As ridicule worthy as this sounds, I do believe that they have the potential to make GREAT music and Gangsta shows that. 

Thoughts? Opinions?

As ridicule worthy as this sounds, I do believe that they have the potential to make GREAT music and Gangsta shows that.

Continue...

Gangsta shows an effort and originality that I really feel was largely absent in their last batch of releases (excluding Bleach). The band actually used some kind of brain power while composing these songs and while, yes its not the greatest thing ever but its very noteworthy. The highlights that showed that for me were GESSHOKU, TOKYO GYPSY, and WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND. I found those particular tracks as well as a few others to be fun, right amount or heavy and melodic(...?). The last time I really felt that way about releases they dropped were Master of Romance and COLD BLOOD. It was also nice listening to Gangsta and not being able to say "oh that sounds a lot like" or "(insert band) did that already)."

I understand that a lot of people felt that this album was all over the place and repetitive at times but in hindsight, I could over look that and really appreciate it just for the simple fact that it sounds Genuine and not to try hard. Sorry, I tried not to repeat what I said in the review thread and be as clear as possible.

At the end of the day, I guess Sadie has potential to write great music; but so does any group in Pop, Rock, or Metal. If the Beatles could go from an average Pop group to songwriting gods in the span of 3 years, then I'm sure Sadie could do the same. The question is: Do they want to? With their music, there is no inherent need to go out and try anything new and to challenge themselves as artists. The only thing that truly seems to factor into how a piece of music will sound, is the level of distortion on their guitars. Other than that, the forms and ideas they are constantly drawing from have all been the same.

Sadie could write something like this:

but I'm willing to put money down on the fact they never will. They will never sit there and go "hey, let's throw in some dense harmonies", or "hey let's not play in 4/4 for once". Instead they will keep doing what they are doing, in hope that their fans in Japan keep buying it.

I can't agree more with the post above, spot on in my opinion. I'll still always love SADIE either way, can't help but enjoy the releases I listen to of theirs. But I truly do hope that one day they WILL have that chat together and challenge themselves, hell, I hope most bands that feel like playing it safe is the easiest and best option. I feel like they became a lot more individual in musicial style in GANGSTA, as Hellion has brilliantly explained, I just hope they continue to progress this way, in my opinion.