zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

cant wait for the inevitable tumblr and buzzfeed mass suicides lmao

(i mean i wouldn't have minded seeing the alt right eat itself either, both options are just as good)

Edited by Tokage

34 minutes ago, Tokage said:

cant wait for the inevitable tumblr and buzzfeed mass suicides lmao

(i mean i wouldn't have minded seeing the alt right eat itself either, both options are just as good)

This amount of overreaction is killing polling sites and other portals due to failed projections as well.

Now guys, stop overreacting and evaluate the whole process again - what exactly did lead to this situation? Was confrontation necessary? Was discussion possible? Was name-calling necessary? Was pretending to be "ultimately wiser" and overlooking issues of your present and past smart move?

Of course, the "conspiracy" theory about them being aligned together in reality may still be sufficient in this case, but the main flaw here is that people who voted...

forgot themselves, their individuality. You are not the one to depend on the government (Ameribros, take a note) or some movement (BLM, LGBTQ*) - you are the one to build yourself as a person and gain better outlook of yourself by understanding and "agreeing to disagree" with those opposing your schools of thought. So let's lay off this emotional triggering and assess things beyond trendy concepts like "Mexicans again" or "racists/misogynists/xenophobes":

Real problems are still being overshadowed by emotion-driven mentality of today's voter majority. How the fuck do we ensure that we could balance millennial-favored fields and STEM to the same degree as it was in better days? How do you ensure the consistent flow of funding in areas of infrastructural development, health care, education etc etc.? How do you ensure that there will be less "sanctuary cities" or even "sanctuary states"? How do you ensure that legislatures and regulations in your country remain justified and "democratically acceptable, civil" without the wake of bloody contacts, riots etc.? How do you ensure that the risk of "bubble economy" won't be nearing your household as well? And the list just goes on and on but all you guys state can be purely rooted to those sites akin to Buzzfeed etc.

Man, I miss at least a tinge of Ron Paul-ian/Perot-ian thinking (bias, I know) in our today's political "sociosphere".

*to clarify:

These movements SHOULD NOT be politically driven. You ought to acknowledge and agree - in spite of your disapproval - that people you may usually automatically lump into these movements are in reality in no way willing to be in these "silos" and prefer to be acknowledged, idk, AS PEOPLE - INDIVIDUALS. So in the light of both parties exploiting your movements - learn to think outside of your identity - be it race or sexuality-based - and try to wrap your head around talking points I provided above.

Regards,

European.

Edited by Alroy

Where to europe do you wanna move where you think it's better? The UK right now are in a bit of a chaos (no one seems to know wether or not they really pull the Brexit through). Lots of EU states had a political shift towards the far right. I bet all my money that the Nazis in disguise here will win the next election in my country. So yeah, at the moment everywhere is shit. Better we start colonizing Mars soon and get off the earth.

Due to my inactivity in the interwebz I totally missed the crazy_nympha drama.But then I saw this:

stop-piracy2.jpg.ab7d2d9c3b094ae18587501

ROFL, someone's salty and now lashing out on Dowloaders, while they temselves probably leeched here for ages.

Edited by Ikna

3 hours ago, Biopanda said:

Best get out when you've got the chance.

To be honest, I'm like 90% sure the immigration officer wouldn't let me in out of fear of me trying to stay now lol

I know elections were a nightmare , with 2 horrible candidates... but wow. I still never expected this outcome. Personally I cannot understand how a person like Trump can rise up to be a president. He represents everything opposite to my beliefs, but yea... People have voted. I guess these are the values many people also support. No use crying about it.

today is the only time when i'm useful as economist / political scientist :>

it was a choice between two evils, and i'm really happy the choice was made correctly.
i really, really hope the direction of american foreign policy will change,  and friendly relations with russia will be restored.

we don't need any conflicts, we are always open for dialogue. all goes to good!

Just now, DREAMON DREAMER said:

today is the only time when i'm useful as economist / political scientist :>

it was a choice between two evils, and i'm really happy the choice was made correctly.
i really, really hope the direction of american foreign policy will change,  and friendly relations with russia will be restored.

we don't need any conflicts, we are always open for dialogue. all goes to good!

Note:

Pence and other ppl behind Trump are stone cold anti-Russia hawks.

1 minute ago, Carmelzors said:

Note:

Pence and other ppl behind Trump are stone cold anti-Russia hawks.

the essence of the whole america... :>
but i think it's a way better than that sht last 15+ years... time will tell everything.

Mike Pence is for defending HIV treatment and finding "gay conversion" programs - including electroshock therapy for gays

He wants to make it a bailable offense for same-sex couples to apply for a marriage license. 

Pence has seriously protested parts of the Matthew Shepard bills regarding hate crimes as against gays. 

We've all seen how Trump publicly mocks those with disabilities. He has been quite clear about wanting to slash disability benefits too. 

Violence against women and minorities has skyrocketed since Trump started running. 

As a gay woman with a physical disability that puts me in a wheelchair, I am legitimately afraid for my safety. 

Biopanda works as my healthcare aide, and his job is in jeapordy  too now. 

Edited by Valicious

The big picture would most likely be the same even if Hillary won. What's been going on 15+ or 50+ years in the US remains the same. People pulling the strings are probably the same. It's only what appears outside that's changing.

What Trump's presidency introduces - it gives momentum to far-right movement and gives approval to all the racial, social and backward thinking bullshit Trump has spouted during his campaigning. That's the thing I'm most worried about.

32 minutes ago, DREAMON DREAMER said:

the essence of the whole america... :>
but i think it's a way better than that sht last 15+ years... time will tell everything.

Also:

Trump promised trade wars with China.

You do know that this concerns Russia too? I don't acknowledge most of Putinisms but imho he needs to get a new PM instead of gullible numale Medvedev to secure Russia's trading positioning as of today. But since he won't - the big Don will persuade the little Dim to practice 90s-friendly policies and facilitate another revival of damned "russian liberalism". This will domino-effect Finland ie my homeland so i am dead srs.

This is already a call to arms in economic sense. Prepare to see artificial manipulations of currencies and trade protectionism...

And as you may see, i am not happy about both candidates either.

Edited by Alroy

Regardless of political alignments, can we at least agree that the people who

a ) voted for fucking Harambe

b ) voted for Clinton SOLELY based on the fact that she's a woman (i KNOW these people exist) while ignoring everything else

are objectively dumb?

11 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Regardless of political alignments, can we at least agree that the people who

a ) voted for fucking Harambe

b ) voted for Clinton SOLELY based on the fact that she's a woman (i KNOW these people exist) while ignoring everything else

are objectively dumb?

It's truly sad when people outside the USA have a better grasp of our country's policies, than the American people in it.

Seriously.

Edited by YuyoDrift
I fucking hate siri.

It's over. We'll just have to accept it and carry on with our lives and hopefully learn a lesson from this no matter what side you are on. 

Now it's time to sit back and watch people be overdramatic and see how much they blow up things without having an understanding how the government actually works.

Don't shoot me because of this, because I usually don't follow politics. Don't care about norwegian politics and don't really give a fuck about foreign politics.

But I've read about the american presidency over the last few months and this is what I've gathered:

Trump equals plague

Hillary equals cholera

Is one of them really any better than the other?

Now, I'm done with politics for the next 10 years. Spent way too much time on this shit over the past two months.

the most important question now:

is pepe still racist

also: let's talk about the GOOD things that will come forth out of the Trump presidency, ie the inevitable punk revival

Edited by Tokage