Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

12012 new album in March!

I would say a lot of bands have drawn influence from Dir en grey when, you know, they became relevant again with UROBOROS. Once that album dropped there were a lot of newer bands that sought to fit into a mold in comparison to Dir en grey. It's also found in bands that have been around for a while, but that influence is a mere reference at best. It doesn't matter if it's a HUGE influence (Sadie, this song) or in passing (12012 on SEVEN ), there is shown to be a correlation.

And there was metal before Dir en grey, but Dir en grey is seeming to be a stronger influence especially in some newer VK bands then less-relevant metal from previous years (IN JAPAN).

Im all up for growls, sure yeah. Just in this case the sound is so fucking poor and badly produced, sounds like something any garage band could come up with in a day or two.

Im all up for growls, sure yeah. Just in this case the sound is so fucking poor and badly produced, sounds like something any garage band could come up with in a day or two.

lol! Couldnt agree more~

LOL @ this entire thread so far. Usually I'm in the minority when I don't like something from a band I've been into for over a year (apart from a few cases *coughEROScough*) but it's good to know that I wasn't the only one who thought this was utterfy shitty.

tumblr_lyw7lgOoOZ1qix4ib.gif

But in all seriousness I really agree with Zess now. It's merely INSPIRATION, they're not plain copying because many bands have done it before. The thing that ticked me of was just the high operatic vocals. Anyway, let's hope the entire album won't end up like this, or it'll be worse than mar maroon.

mar maroon wasn't that bad imo. It was just way different from everything they did before, but it was quite enjoyable to me after I get used to their "new" sound.

They should have just carried on with their early Glay-ish input (even if I never liked them in the first place). "Safe rock" fits them, not this "hey, I belong to this gloomy hardcore scene so I have to put up some of the worst "growls" avec the cheesiest scene riffages to satisfy my angst-ridden fanbase"-crap

My bet: the worst vk release of 2012, hands down.

(I might sound way too aggressive/vulgar on this case but this band doesn't deserve any better)

"DIAMOND" and "mar maroon" are their best albums, they actually were pretty bad during their UNDER CODE-era (just like the other UC bands), now they're just getting better and better and I never thought they were gonna be signed to FIREWALL! Dream came true!

Btw, they were already going for this direction on their latest album "SEVEN" so I totally saw this coming, especially when their guitarist left them.

About their inspiration, I think sun-krad and the management crew more or less inspired them and gave them ideas for this album. C'mon 12012 and DIR EN GREY are both on same label, of course they're talking with each other.

Hoped they were going back to their roots. Even though Wataru never was a great vocalist, they did some cool stuff way back when, composition-wise.

Even though this new stuff is better than everything post-Diamond, it's too much of a DeG copy to me.

"DIAMOND" and "mar maroon" are their best albums, they actually were pretty bad during their UNDER CODE-era (just like the other UC bands), now they're just getting better and better and I never thought they were gonna be signed to FIREWALL! Dream came true!

flatlining1.jpg

Agreed with whatever inartistic tried to flatline here. I thought PLAY DOLLs was a rather nice album from the UCP days. I don't listen it THAT frequently (not that I listen 12012 a lot, but I have moods in which I like to play their music) but for me PLAY DOLLs along with SEVEN are their best albums. FIREWALL was actually the last label I wanted them on tbqh lol. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion.

Apart from the operatic vocals (get off whatever you're using) that sounded pretty cool. I hope it won't be ruined by a lot of bad grunting and screaming before/after.

That wasn't particularly awesome... Or awful... Just kinda mediocre. Eh, it was only like what 45 seconds of the song? Can't make a huge judgement from that.

suicide preview rubbed me in all the wrong way, but the album is coming so soon I'm just gonna wait to hear it in full. I loved SEVEN a lot so I'm putting some faith in the band, hoping it'll be good!

Faith slowly starting to return. HIDE&SEEK and FORTITUDE didn't sound as awful as SUICIDE, I even liked FORTITUDE by the sound of it.

Sign in to follow this