Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

12012 new album in March!

So, is this a major release? For real? Not with that mixing quality...

(just learned today that Diamond was their major debut, meh)

I *think* they're technically indie, because firewall div. is an indie label (but they can distribute releases through sony music, like most of Dir en grey singles, albums and DVDs are sold.)

btw I've been lurking at oricon charts recently, and they either stopped tracking 12012 data or last album sold like 200 copies combined, I can't see it anywhere on their album sales summary.

I think that mixing is a part of Their Style.

Seven gave me headaches every time I tried to listen to it more than for 3 or 4 tracks at a time, and I'm not joking.

^ I hope that the bad sales will knock some sense into them again. I remember SEVEN selling quite well (and it's my favourite album of theirs) in comparison to their other releases after DIAMOND.

^ seven never sold well.

WHtZg.png

now that I think of it, I'm really curious who actually produced PLAY DOLLS, who's that little man behind UCP curtain.

can't believe a band who made an album that good is dumb enough to jump between tacky jpop cock and sweaty hurdurcore penis.

Hmm..strange, I always thought it did. Never really understood how mar maroon is so high up there, I thought that was the album that sold like shit.

Wait, they sold 3,800 copies of one album up until now in the entire world? Wow...that's kind of sad.

I can't understand how mar maroon has sold more than diamond....(16 more copies, nevermind) this world is a box of surprises.

PS: where did you find this page?

Just want to throw my hat into this ring for a minute:

I actually LOVED Mar Maroon XD, I know it's the unpopular opinion, but it's at least a fun album. I like it in the springtime.

Diamond I also actually enjoyed, but not nearly as much as Mar Maroon, but I have to agree that Seven is my favorite (albeit the mixing IS pretty weird. I hate HATE HATE how the songs end in the beginnings of other songs.)

I can't believe people actually bought 12012 though.

@relentless - Obviously they aren't as big or famous as say... I don't know Led Zeppelin, but they're kind of big in the scene. I'd say they have a considerable fanbase, most if not all of the people into the VK subculture probably know who they are.

I have a feeling that they're more popular overseas (within the scene) than in Japan itself.

I have a feeling that they're more popular overseas (within the scene) than in Japan itself.

Definitely could be, I won't contest that.

It almost seems like VK has a bigger audience outside Japan than within Japan.

You'd think there'd be more shows/tours in NA then.

they would largely be not profitable.

if they have 3000 fans in tokyo, they will do most of touring in small clubs and maybe one tour final concert in a concert hall

if they have 5000 fans scattered all over americas, 4000 in Chile and 700/300 for NA/Canada respectively, they won't even get their transportation expenses back.

like despairs' flop taught people nothing.

Just want to throw my hat into this ring for a minute:

I actually LOVED Mar Maroon XD, I know it's the unpopular opinion, but it's at least a fun album. I like it in the springtime.

Diamond I also actually enjoyed, but not nearly as much as Mar Maroon

Good to hear that somebody else than me loved DIAMOND and mar maroon, for me those are their best albums.

So, is this a major release? For real? Not with that mixing quality...

Yes, the new album is a major release. The label (FIREWALL DIV.) is indeed independed, but it has got a major status because of the distribution contract with Sony Music Entertainment Japan Inc.

they would largely be not profitable.

if they have 3000 fans in tokyo, they will do most of touring in small clubs and maybe one tour final concert in a concert hall

if they have 5000 fans scattered all over americas, 4000 in Chile and 700/300 for NA/Canada respectively, they won't even get their transportation expenses back.

like despairs' flop taught people nothing.

Ahh, I see... I gotcha. That sucks big time.

It's in cases like this you realize (even if I already knew this) that the visual kei-scene is actually very very "underground" in Japan, when keeping in mind that Japan has a population of ~130 000 000 inhabitants.

Hmm, I suppose you're right. Never considered that! I mean I know it's not like the biggest scene in the world, obviously, but I thought they'd pull more weight than that especially major artists... Well I suppose Luna Sea and X wouldn't have these problems maybe even the GazettE or D or MAYBE Versailles? But I can see how 12012 would have sincere trouble especially with an album like this =/

D has been playing smaller venues lately and the biggest venue they have ever sold out is Shibuya AX I believe. Bands like the GazettE, Alice Nine and even SID can get into these big venues, but that's about it.

It's more surprising to me that a band like SID manages to get huge venues actually. Even though they do have a poppy sound.

I'm not surprised at all about SID, I have to agree with nekkichi. They have the same... I guess genre sound of the pop/rock bands. Not only that, but they're AMAZINGLY talented. I'm not a huge fan, personally, but I do know that they're great. They could sell out huge venues.

Back on topic though, 12012 could sell out huge venues because they have the talent and potential to do great things. Seven was amazing and even Mar Maroon and Diamond have the it factor that could make them go far. Their most recent album is a major setback.

Sign in to follow this