Sign in to follow this  
enchuu

the GazettE to play at Tokyo Dome + 2 New Singles

gonna snatch that soon. That's fast, Byou. Thanks

was the PV real or just picture with full song though?

I feel like to register niconico just for this now xD

The video is from a radio show. They played the song there.

ah i see.

I finally registered in the end.

The song pretty much convince me. I can't wait for the HQ now. :rawk:

And boy, that place got some very 'interesting' videos xD

I really like the song <3

and it doesn´t sound like SHIVER at all I think c:

ah can´t wait~

Love it. The PV is really nice quality too. Good production values and all.

Ruki's tattoo(?) is really bad ass, and his hair in the PV really brings it out. I think Reita should go back to his Stacked Rubbish-era look, the one he had for the Filth in the Beauty video, that was a sweet look.

In terms of the song, again, I love it. I like the band's songs like this. The chorus' are really catchy and the song writing is peak, though a lot of people seem to think it's bland and generic, I can't understand why. I guess people only want songs like Ogre and the likes? I don't know. I personally love the Gazette's catalogue, and they haven't let me down. They have a few songs that I don't care for, but that doesn't meant they're bad.

Anyway, I'm off to listen again. Thanks for the link! :D

Oh my God, the full version is SO much better than the preview made it out to be! It doesn't really remind me of Shiver at all now. I approve wholeheartedly of this now.

i love it so much! it's even better than i expected!

so addicting i can't stop listening to it~

but i wonder how would sound live? :)

i hope PLEDGE would be even better~

the PV needs more Reita and Kai ;__; , and they should stop using the "camera focus in/out" thing

it's annoying :x

I like Shiver more, this one got awfully repetitive. I do hope Reita gets kicked out, he defines the word useless. And don't start with the " oh no they just won't let him do stuff " bs. Still was hoping for more, and i seriously lol if all the three singles have a easy listening pop rock a-side, and shitty b-sides.

The pv was pretty pointless, though Ruki was looking awesome.

Agree with the post above, except for the fact that I think Ruki looked just as stupid as the other members. Shiver was better, but I hate Shiver as well.

And I have the feeling the next one will be an atempt on a song that's heavy, dark and deep...but that will fail at everything. But I hope to get surprised though. Doubt it'll happen but you never know. Maybe they'll surprise me with something good?

I love it. Better than Shiver. Shiver was a pretty solid (lol) song, but this is something you can actually call really good. I agree that it's a bit repetive, but those melodies are so catchy that it would be a crime to not repeat them. Verse, pre-chorus, chorus, all just sounded like they could've been the highlight of the song. This even beats some of DIM. Though, mostly not. But this is waaay more better than anything on Shiver. And I don't even want to compare this to BID. The PV looks really cool too. I like the painty/cartoonish look.

I hope Pledge is a soft ballad. No moar heavy songs, you guys did that for over three years already. It's time for badass rock.

He's a bassisut, sure. But when was the last thing he did anything interesting? Most of the time he's playing boring, lame and irritating bass lines. It's like 5 years since he did a decent bass line, and even more years since he did a good one. He is, as Disposable says, useless.

He's a bassisut, sure. But when was the last thing he did anything interesting? Most of the time he's playing boring, lame and irritating bass lines. It's like 5 years since he did a decent bass line, and even more years since he did a good one. He is, as Disposable says, useless.

well, thats usually what bass-players do, they just play the exact same thing as the guitars one octave lower, thats more or less in the concept of heavy music. the only j-rock bassist i know who does something different is the one from maximum the hormone, but doing funky slap/jumpingaround-bass wouldn't really fit to gazettes music nowadays. perhaps to some of their early experimental pseudo-jazz-rock'n'roll-stuff, but thats, what i believe, what you refer to the last 5year old decent bassline. reita is, like most other bassists just there for stage performance and fangirls (or perhaps he writes some of the songs? don't know about that...)

i guess Reita were just, you know acting as what a bassit should do. Being a base for Gazette's music, together with the drummer by playing basic tunes.

Maybe, many people are expecting something that RHCP's Flea or KoRn's Fieldy among others will do on VK bands. Which i think are hardly to happen. Then again, how many VK basissts that can handle 5 strings bass outstandingly? Not much. Sorry to say, not meant to underestimate, but that's what i see and hear so far.

I guess, Reita doing it fairly well though.

At least he didn't do a missmatched bass lines for the band's music. All he did still fit properly. So i don't really have problem with that. Sometimes less is more. Don't you agree?

well, thats usually what bass-players do, they just play the exact same thing as the guitars one octave lower, thats more or less in the concept of heavy music.

Correction; that's usually what shitty bass-players do. Concept of bands who fail at heavy music. Or just music overall.

Listen to Siva. That's how basslines should be composed.

I agree that Reita is pretty lame, but he wasn't that bad on some songs of DIM. Mostly he is pretty crappy though.

Correction; that's usually what shitty bass-players do. Concept of bands who fail at heavy music. Or just music overall.

well, that depends, personally i agree that the bass should, atleast in some breaks or intros do his own stuff instead of blindly following the guitars, but that depends on the music. in modern metal (or numetal if you like) the characteristics are mostly defined with a very low and simple riff, creating the often mentioned "guitar-wall". now if the bass doesn't do the same thing, this wall would miss its low-end and sound much thinner. so after all, if you listen to slipknot, metallica, slayer, dir en grey, biohazard, pantera etc.. you will find the exact same thing, all of which bands, where i would strongly disagree with "fail at (heavy) music", its that same technique, which makes it "heavy".

Sign in to follow this