Champ213

Any old school bands?

^ I recommend Miss Jelly Fish (uploaded all their releases here and here), for example. Underrated/unknown but totally awesome. :) Not that many releases though...

Or dunno what kind of VK you're into but I really enjoy these (newish) bands: EAT YOU ALIVE, FEST VAINQUEUR, MEJIBRAY, MUNIMUNI, Ru:natic, Vior gloire.

I already listen to EYA and Muni, which are really not new lol, but I'll look into those other ones.

Some bands I like for reference: 9GOATS, Dali, CELLT, Sadie, Vistlip, Nightingeil, Lost Ash, Monolith, Luzmelt, LAM, L'eprica, M, Moran, OZ, Nega, SCAPEGOAT, Sincrea, etc.

I hope this is the right place.

Some album of Penicillin to (re)-start with? I have Vibe and listened to Indwell and Limelight, but is there any "new" album which is really good?

that's Because I'm really enjoying the Hakuei project Litchi Hikari Club, and maybe they made something similar with penicillin. dunno

So, I don't like Ultimate Circus at all, yet enjoy the World Ruler quite a bit. Which nightmare's album should I listen to next?

Which asian kung fu generation album should I check out?

I really like loop and loop, kimi no mache made, sindou kaku so a style similar to those would be appreciated

Well Sol-Fa is must then. Loop and Loop is on that album along with other equally awesome songs. It really solidified their success and fame. Plus it's a total fan favorite. You might also want to check out Kimi Tsunagi Five M and their most recent release Landmark. Hōkai Amplifier and Mada Minu Ashita ni are mini's you should also give a listen to.

Thanks! I'm glad this was answered so quickly, plus I finally have a cd to buy for myself!

Which asian kung fu generation album should I check out?

I really like loop and loop, kimi no mache made, sindou kaku so a style similar to those would be appreciated

Well Sol-Fa is must then. Loop and Loop is on that album along with other equally awesome songs. It really solidified their success and fame. Plus it's a total fan favorite. You might also want to check out Kimi Tsunagi Five M and their most recent release Landmark. Hōkai Amplifier and Mada Minu Ashita ni are mini's you should also give a listen to.

I'm looking for jap music with classical influences or parts played on organ. I've heard Moi dix Mois, Malice Mizer, Sito Magus and Valdo Creuz so far and they are great at mixing rock/metal with organ music and they also have a lot of classical music influences. I would be glad if you give me more names.

^ Hmmm, how about Versailles? They have some gothic symphonic thing going on. I don't really know much else besides the ones you've mentioned. Actually I'd be interested in hearing some Japanese metal with some classical influences if anyone comes across any.

I'm looking for jap music with classical influences or parts played on organ. I've heard Moi dix Mois, Malice Mizer, Sito Magus and Valdo Creuz so far and they are great at mixing rock/metal with organ music and they also have a lot of classical music influences. I would be glad if you give me more names.

Have you ever tried Lacroix Desphères?

06v0auZijeE

They are one of the best unkown band, imho

VZlbU8pcUng

FNNLG2o0lVw

I'd say D. They've been going into the more power metal direction here and there, but stay close to their classical influences. If you like Malice Mizer I'm sure D will also be to your liking.

^ Hmmm, how about Versailles? They have some gothic symphonic thing going on. I don't really know much else besides the ones you've mentioned. Actually I'd be interested in hearing some Japanese metal with some classical influences if anyone comes across any.

I am a fan of Versailles, but they are playing regular symphonic metal, not so classical.

Have you ever tried Lacroix Desphères?

Yes, I have. I think they are the best VK band right now (for me).

They are one of the best unkown band, imho

VZlbU8pcUng

Thank you for this. Good, but I can't find a links to download their stuff. I've only found this http://j-rockbrazildownloads.blogspot.com/2010/01/lily-project-lily-project.html. What is more sad, the links are dead.

I'd say D. They've been going into the more power metal direction here and there, but stay close to their classical influences. If you like Malice Mizer I'm sure D will also be to your liking.

I had two attempts to listen to D. Still, their music hasn't convinced me yet.

Have you listened to their 7th Rose album? If not, try that, because that's the closest you'll get to the style I think you mean. If it doesn't do anything for you, then D probably isn't what you're looking for.

VZlbU8pcUng

Thank you for this. Good, but I can't find a links to download their stuff. I've only found this http://j-rockbrazildownloads.blogspot.com/2010/01/lily-project-lily-project.html. What is more sad, the links are dead.

I've got you covered. I uploaded pretty much all their songs:

http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/viewto ... =13&t=5948

& a single http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/viewto ... 904#p22904

Enjoy!

Which albums would be the best place to start for Buck-tick and Deadman? 

I could have sworn there was a thread for questions just like this! Did I just overlook it? 

Well, with BUCK-TICK, it all depends on your taste...

If you like poppy post-punk type of music, then I suggest HURRY UP MODE, SEVENTH HEAVEN,

if you're looking for a bit more experimental/darker, then Kurutta taiyou, Six/Nine,

for some modern-sounding pop-rock, Mona Lisa OVERDRIVE will do,

or if you like elaborate goth-rock concepts, then 13kai wa gekkou is your bet.

As for deadman, they don't have as many stuff, and weren't active for as long, so you can't really go wrong with any of their releases. For a more aggressive-dark sound try No Alternative, or for a softer-dark style give in the direction of sunrise and night light a try. You can also start with the mini albums SiteOfScaffold and 701125 (or 701125+2, the extended edition).

I'm really digging the Yeti mini-album right now with the light vocals and abstract-hard-rock feel. Any recommendations to similar bands?

After watching Yeti's PV the first band that came to mind was Plastic Tree. Dunno how similar they are to their other songs tho.

Merged the thread into the Music Recommendations Thread ^

oh thanks

After watching Yeti's PV the first band that came to mind was Plastic Tree. Dunno how similar they are to their other songs tho.

will try them, thanks

Just got an internet boost and discovered that I can now handle constant heavy downloading. I'm looking for two things and I'd appreciate some pointers in the direction I could take.

The first is kei mini-albums that are cohesive and arguably of high quality (well, regarding the band that releases it, and not necessarily in general). Basically after that release everyone likes a band for, then constantly criticises the later work of because none of it sounds as good as it did. Cocklobin's Dark Design Catalogue, D'espairsRay's Coll:set and Nega's Faded Film of a Japanese Sadness are examples I know that I can think of. There are also a few albums I don't mind (Sadie's mini-albums and first album, maybe). Heavy is not a requirement, but I do like a more rock/metal approach to balance out ballads. Oriental is a plus.

The second is the brand of V/N/whatever-K that takes after nu metal more than metalcore, around Dir en grey's SIX-UGLY/VULGAR sound. And by nu metal I don't mean just repetitive riffs and structures, because the majority of VK has that. I also mean a more hip-hop oriented drumbeat, loud bass, mild electronics (bit-crushing like MUSIC-era Girugamesh is cool too), etc.. Deathgaze doesn't count, but select songs of the Gazette (Agony) count (and non-K Mad Capsule Markets' 4 Plugs was good but way too monotonous). Again, heavy is not required, but I don't really know if there's a thing as "soft" nu metal. If you know any VULGAR rip-off bands that don't suck, they're okay (not talking VAJRA). A bit of punk isn't bad either. I love Child Prey.

I expect both to be around the 2000-2006 mark, but there must be exceptions. If the two overlap, sweet. But that's optional. If I haven't mentioned a band here, I probably don't know them.