Champ213

Any old school bands?

Any band similar to シグナレス? I really like them but I suck at identifying genres, I dunno if it's shoegaze, post-rock, ambient... can be from any country!

Any angura kei bands can't seem to find any other than M, Merry, and Monokuro cinema.

^ If you'd like angura kei, then Guruguru Eigakan would be my #1 choice for you! :)

K6wlkJ88jfM

It that Gokimi in the video? O_o

^ I didn't know who this Gokimi is, so I looked him up: yep, it must be him! He joined Guruguru in the beginning of 2009 (they're on hiatus now sadly though).

^ I didn't know who this Gokimi is, so I looked him up: yep, it must be him! He joined Guruguru in the beginning of 2009 (they're on hiatus now sadly though).

Thanks! I did know Gokimi but I can't say the same of this band!

Music similar to the sound DeG were aiming for with Tsumi To Kisei, but better, please. Don't care for the nationality of the artists.

^ A good doom metal or doom/sludge metal band might be worth a try. I'm not overly knowledgable in that genre, though I like thsi band:

rZDXxkouWMg

I'll try to think of more bands, but maybe someone more familiar with doom metal and related genres can help you more.

(Personally I like Tsumi to Kisei, but the vocals ruin it a bit for me.)

giving some help like champ already did :D

Tokage, I was in search of bands of that style not so long ago since I fell in love with tsumi to kisei and warsaw no gensou (deg ver.)

I introduce you one of my favorites:

DARK CASTLE

lB-_gASCQco

rZXYsNMqsrU&

another band I'd like to recommend you is Mastodon

they're not that "tsumi to kisei-ish" style but it has a DUM SPIRO SPERO feel in the music.

W3HVLyI-t3E&

I hope you enjoy these awesome bands as much as I do, bro.

Zoroaster sound pretty sweet.

Mastodon, I tried Blood Mountain but upon 1st listen it didn't do too much for me yet. Should I start with one of their other releases?

Holy shit that Dark Castle sounds sweet too, exactly that semi-oppressive style of music that I was looking for. On a related note, the band Pulling Teeth is pretty sweet too when they go sludgey on their more recent tracks ( though their non-sludgey tracks are cool too )

Mastodon, I tried Blood Mountain but upon 1st listen it didn't do too much for me yet. Should I start with one of their other releases?

It's been a long time since I last listened to them, but I recommend their first two albums: Remission and Leviathan.

I'm exploring Japanese punk rock scene for some time. Does anyone know any bands that sound like Mad Capsule Markets material from their "4 Plugs" album?

I'm exploring Japanese punk rock scene for some time. Does anyone know any bands that sound like Mad Capsule Markets material from their "4 Plugs" album?

From what little J-punk I've heard I can safely recommend The Stalin, they were one of the classic HC-punk bands.

r3OMoHX7qzA

5BVFFjVEg-M

I'd say 4 plugs is probably more nu-metal than punk, but... If it's japanese hardcore you're looking for, here's a list of (potentially) cool stuff to check out:

o5bN7CESKcw

v1gJHPGoPS8

mumJjWmwibc

yVHlz_8NWjU

UlFKBPWnYLw

b8vOu_kKie0

JP1Mxjb8dgI

2Hh6Of1qZvM

I'm familiar with The Stalin, they're great :)

Tokage, if Mad Caps' 4 Plugs is more influenced with nu metal, do u know any Japanese bands who play this genre? It's one of my favourite ones. If yes then can you recommend me some of them to check out. Bedises I'll check all the info about punk stuff you showed right there.

The obvious ones to go to are WAGDUG and AA= since they're both basically what came after TMCM 'split'

other than that, jap nu-metal/nu-metal influenced bands that I know of ( not alot, sorry :U ) are Gun dog, Rize, Uzumaki, Bull Zeichen 88, Maximum the Hormone ( but you already know them :B ) and ROTTENGRAFFTY ( at times )

For more punk-type bands try kamomekamome, eastern youth, BRAHMAN and GING-NANG BOYZ. Perhaps the entire BURST CITY movie's soundtrack too

Hi I'm looking for J-rock instrumental songs. Help? ^o^

By instrumental, I don't mean songs that just have the vocal track removed. (I don't mind though if it's good.)

I'm looking for songs that were composed solely to be instrumental.

Eg: Versailles - Silent Knight

X Japan - Love Replica

Anthem - Insomnia

Kind of a guitar centric person when it comes to instrumentals :P

Kind of a guitar centric person when it comes to instrumentals :P

I don't know if you are already familiar with Ra:IN but I totally recommend them. :) It's the instrumental hard rock (occasionally psychedelic) project of Pata from X JAPAN and DIE from hide's Spread Beaver band. They have a vocal track or two, but it's mostly instrumental.

KiHeJrHKT04

THANKS for the reccs! Very much appreciated :)

Checked them out. It was great but not really what I'm looking for.

Hmm I'm leaning towards more guitar-solo-ish kind of instrumentals like Hizaki Grace Project, Sugizo, Inoran, etcetc. ^^

THANKS for the reccs! Very much appreciated :)

Checked them out. It was great but not really what I'm looking for.

Hmm I'm leaning towards more guitar-solo-ish kind of instrumentals like Hizaki Grace Project, Sugizo, Inoran, etcetc. ^^

Wouldn't touhou metal be of interest to you? It's ptetty guitar solo-ish and from what understand there's quite a few instrumental touhou metal.

I really don't know much about this genre, so I just randomly youtubed some example:

mmjZkwFxOt8

Zesshoku and Wind would be better suited for more suggestions, they upload touhou metal regulary.