Champ213

Any old school bands?

Japanese stoner rock bands, please?

NV5KPboeRSI

7CW5i1KXl7c

They're the first two that come to mind for me if you haven't checked them out already.

THANKS for the reccs! Very much appreciated :)

Checked them out. It was great but not really what I'm looking for.

Hmm I'm leaning towards more guitar-solo-ish kind of instrumentals like Hizaki Grace Project, Sugizo, Inoran, etcetc. ^^

Champ mentioned some Touhou so I'm here to give you a few more artists and see what you like and what you don't.

IA2kFzcGh54

70ib3-uqrnk

jilX6NBhyLU

C9atEyzShWI

Maybe this is more up your alley?

Thanks guys! Wow I should definitely check out Touhou metal.

Heard all of the links. I like them! Very near to what I'm searching for :)

I really like the Uroboros-Infinity one.

Actually I've just found out the name of the genre that I'm searching for. I think it's called Neo-Classical Metal?

I'm looking for similiiar bands to Kill my bleeding smile. Any recommendations ?

seconding that request to death!!!

you could rip the myspace-stuff of their follow-up band knellt ( www.myspace.com/knellt ) but the quality is, well, myspace-quality. seth d. told me some time ago that they planned to release an album september/october this year, don't know what happened to that, might be just delayed.

apart from that maybe the sludgy stonerdoom stuff from boris might fit your taste ("heavy rocks (2011)" and "pink" perhaps, starting tracks "aileron", "missing pieces", "blackout" and "farewell") or, if it doesn't have to be that heavy, kara ( viewtopic.php?p=152221#p152221 ) and/or 101A ( viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11936&p=175020&hilit=101A#p175020 ) could be worth a listen.

I'm looking for some non-Visual Kei bands that are similar to bands like ONE OK ROCK, NICO Touches the Walls and perhaps Aqua Timez. I'd especially like some more ONE OK ROCK like music and some softer rock like NICO does would be great as well? Any recommendations? :D

I'm looking for some non-Visual Kei bands that are similar to bands like ONE OK ROCK, NICO Touches the Walls and perhaps Aqua Timez. I'd especially like some more ONE OK ROCK like music and some softer rock like NICO does would be great as well? Any recommendations? :D

Sunsgrind are kinda like One Ok Rock on steroids, if I had to compare the two. They haven't done anything since 2010, so their discography is pretty small but they're worth a try if you like hard, fast pop punkish music.

As for other stuff - definitely recommending Cinema Staff, people in the box, Drum:kan, and the cabs.

Thanks for the recommendations? The PV's from Sunsgrind I watched weren't really the kind of thing I like, but Cinema Stuff sounds good so far. They seem to have a lot of PV's though, where should I start?

Thanks for the recommendations? The PV's from Sunsgrind I watched weren't really the kind of thing I like, but Cinema Stuff sounds good so far. They seem to have a lot of PV's though, where should I start?

Hm, I suggest you start by trying the videos for their recent releases "Skeleton" and "Gate." Very good songs, in my opinion.

Are there any bands (vk, non-vk, doesn't matter) that play something similar to Sads' TRGGM/13-ish punk-meets-glam-rock/metal?

examples:

A9jDkIiyrd8

3mtvaO5sBUU

Edit: the first one is closer to one I'm asking for

P.s. it would be a big plus if your recommendations would have shaky/wild vocals as well ;)

^ The Yellow Monkey (shaky vocals, their non-soft rock style songs like TVのシンガー and Suck of Life), Tokyo Yankees (glam meets metal), Video Stalin (punk meets glam), Blankey Jet City (shaky vocals, jangly punk sound), and Color (Everything up until Fools Get Lucky, glam and metal and punk).

Probably the closest examples I personally know of in Japan . . .

Blankey Jet City (shaky vocals, jangly punk sound)

YES YES YESSS. (eventhough I wouldn't associate BJC with SADS's sound, but they're one of my fave bands ever, so whatever xD)

7EZYzUT0hDw

H4VN5XinRZM

fr4xxV_rz44

Looking to hear some slightly older, mainly bands around the mid to low 2000's era VK bands that have a song with at least 4 guitar solos.

I know it sounds kind of silly but I seriously love songs like this. Mainly looking for a ballad similar to spleen ~2 Gatsu 13 Nichi Kuhaku no page by Mar'derayla but anything is fine as long as it meets that criteria. I also really love Oshare guitar solos so that would be fine too. Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. :)

I want dat campy '80s/'90s old school VK sound, stuff like early LUNA SEA or Buck-Tick's early albums

rec me some of that stuff please :>

^ Hmmm ROUAGE maybe? They were from Nagoya, so they had some of that vibe a bit too. Most of their more upbeat songs (like what I link below) are kinda LS-ish, plus the vocalist is a big fan of B-T's Atsushi is what I heard (you can see it in his appearance, haha).

sP00pSOSmsw

VkjgTlD-O1E

k_NPjhQ_Qlw

If you like what you hear, I recommend this album for first listen. :)

I guess D'erlanger, Der Zibet and Deshabillz would be obvious recommendations too. But they might be so obvious that you know them already...

I think that Der Zibet is especially Buck-Tick'ish. Issay sounds a lot like Atsushi Sakurai too.

n_FkB7almV4

QjtAeLA9-xo

y__wQ8-R4cA

Aren't Der Zibet and Buck-Tick 'friends' or something?

also yeah i was familiar with D'erlanger and Deshabillz already but i just never listened to them.. Where should I start?

^ For D'ERLANGER, their first album LA VIE EN ROSE is a perfect place to start IMO, then going chronologically from there. They only released 2 albums in their first active period, then another few after reviving in 2007 (those aren't bad either, especially LAZZARO).

Anyone have recommendations for Japanese new prog? Bands I like : Fair to Midland, Dead Letter Circus, APC/ASHES dIVIDE, Rishloo