Neon

Last movie you saw.

Saw many over the past week but I'm not going to write an essay on each one. Keeping it short this time, since that's what most people here do anyways.

Frankenweenie (2012)

Cute black and white animation by Tim Burton. Second half is more suited for children while the first half is enjoyable for all ages though. Still cute, but not the best animation I've seen. 6/10

Les yeux sans visage (1960)

Some flaws in the logic of some character's actions. But surprisingly effective and at times quite disturbing. Rich atmosphere. Would recommend. 8/10

Django Unchained (2012)

Tarantino needs to learn where his limitations lie, because this was inconsistent. Enjoyable and bizarre but at times the dialogue didn't hit the right notes and some of the soundtrack was downright terrible. If you liked Inglourious Basterds, you'll like this. It's a comedy above everything else so don't take it too seriously. 7/10

Flight (2012)

Quite boring. Denzel Washington was good but the script was formulaic. Nothing really excites me about this film. 5/10

Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

Cute but in the end it's just another predictable romantic comedy. Robert de Niro is superb in this. Jennifer Lawrence is pretty damn good as well. The plot could've used some tweaking though. 6/10

The Night of the Hunter (1955)

Despite being labeled as unforgettable classic, I still enjoyed it but found it slightly disappointing. Many scenes are wonderfully shot, Robert Mitchum is masterful and Lillian Gish in a "talkie" is a rare sight and surely one to enjoy seeing (and hearing!), but the film lacks subtlety. The message is about as subtle as a smack in the face and the ending felt forced. 7/10

couple of movies I recently watched:

Argo - Ben Affleck's new movie. I love movies based on true stories. 8/10

Road to Perdition - Pretty much every scene is visually beautiful. Great cinematograhy. Plot wasn't too predictable. 8/10

Headhunters - Probably the first Norwegian movie I have seen. I checked this out because of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister of Game of Thrones). He's good but so are the other actors too. Great thriller, reminds me of some Korean movies. Brutal scenes. So much shit happens to the protagonist that I felt sorry for him even though he's a douchebag. Hopefully Hollywood doesn't remake this film with some moron like Mark Wahlberg in the main role. 9/10

50/50

A comedic account of a 27-year-old guy's cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease.

this was sad movie

Django Unchained also. I think I'll give it an 8/10

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (

At last I watched this cult movie , and I think this was one of best Johnny Depp's performance I have seen

Rent-a-Cat

This was suprisess good , hart warming movie.

Yes Man

Same as for Rent-a-Cat 

Yes, the James Cameron one. I'm probably gonna get SO much hate for this opinion, but I could not finish this movie -- and I NEVER shut off a movie I have not seen before. The movie is beautiful visually, but the story I have seen so many times before, ala Pocahontas, Fern Gully, and other movies in that same vein. I can see why it got good reviews (mostly for the visual aspect, but VFX does not a movie make), but that story... I'm so glad I didn't rent this, but borrowed it off a family member.

Long story short: Beautiful visuals, but a bland and predictable story that's been done many times before.

Lake Mungo. Well done mockumentary, it kind of changes directions a lot of the times, making you think one thing, and then another. Worth a watch!

Keep the Lights On

Indie (I think) movie that tells the story of a gay couple and their struggle to go through one of them's drug addiction.

I was kind of underwhelmed considering all the hype/praises it seemed to be receiving these last few months. It's not a bad movie at all, I just expected more from the story per se and the overall character development.

Silent Hill Revelation. Meh, as a fan of SH3, I wasn't impressed, but the scenarios were well done, as well as the monsters. Worth watching once, much worse than the first.

Sound of my Voice. Pretty interesting movie, with an ending that will leave you wondering. That said, pace is very slow, and is somewhat confusing....

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain

Did you like it? It's one of my favorite films of this millenium.

I recently watched Nolan's Batman trilogy. Turns out they're just children's films on anabolic steroids:

Batman Begins (2005)

The explanation of how Batman became Batman feels forced and is... just what it is. A dragged out explanation. I thought I was going to watch a film instead of a documentary of a fictional story. The film never gets interesting and towards the end I almost fell asleep. The action sequences were painful to watch. Boom, boom, slash, pew, pew... -PAUSE to insert a forced dialogue- ... boom, boom, slash, pew, pew. 3/10

The Dark Knight (2008)

If it wasn't for the character The Joker, this would've been bad. I understand the praise this role is getting because honestly, it was good. However, this film is mostly just trying to trick the viewer into thinking it's 'deep' and really 'cool' while it is shallow and just a mediocre action packed blockbuster in the end. I did enjoy some of it, but it's not fantastic. If I'm really generous: 6/10

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Dreadful! Could've been half the length if Nolan knew how to tell a story. Could've been twice as interesting if he didn't keep pausing the film to explain things. There was no atmosphere, there were no interesting characters. The plot 'twist' at the end was so incredibly stupid I honestly don't know why people think this was good. Generic action packed blockbuster. 2/10

The trilogy tries too hard to be edgy and cool and never really succeeds. The Dark Knight was the only one worth watching.

Suspiria (1977)

Recommended to me by Jigsaw on the chat and I loved it. Most horror relies on cheap tricks to scare viewers and plenty of blood and gore. This one however relies on atmosphere. The music is genuinely terrifying, the sets are colorful yet scary, the pace and timing of the events were spot on. The storyline wasn't all that interesting, the blood looks like paint, the dead bodies look like inflatable sex dolls and none of the characters gain any depth throughout the film, but this film drags you into their world from the very first taxi ride to the very end simply because it has a heart. I can see why this is a cult classic. 8/10

Did you like it? It's one of my favorite films of this millenium.

Of course I liked it, else I wouldn't rewatch it~ Audrey is one of my favourite actresses.

Going to watch Talking Dick in a bit, got some thai movies queued up.

Watched Blue Velvet and Flight recently. Flight wasn't really my thing, too 'normal' for me I guess?

I really liked Blue Velvet though. I should watch more of David Lynch's stuff, probably (although I didn't really like Eraserhead)

Watched Blue Velvet and Flight recently. Flight wasn't really my thing, too 'normal' for me I guess?

I really liked Blue Velvet though. I should watch more of David Lynch's stuff, probably (although I didn't really like Eraserhead)

Blue Velvet is nice indeed. Glad you enjoyed it. Flight was a very mediocre drama so it's definitely not just you. It's basically wasted potential with a truckload of cliches.

Of course I liked it, else I wouldn't rewatch it~

Well, nobody could've guessed if you only post a film's title and nothing else :P

Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)

What a beautiful hidden gem this is. It's a fairly simple romantic story of a young woman who falls in love with a man thanks to his classic piano playing. Eventually they meet and have a good time, but only for a short while before he has to leave again. The film rarely gets sentimental and stays beautifully subtle most of the time. After a while I was a little afraid of cliches setting in but  thankfully they didn't and the film got an appropriate ending. One of the greatest lovestories I've seen so far. 9/10

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958)

This film is mostly famous for its incredibly misleading but awesome poster art that has been parodied many times. I've seen it quite a few times on a wall in someone's room in other films/television series as well. So, yeah, it's misleading because the film never gets even remotely close to what you would expect from the poster.

At times it's funny because it looks like the filmmakers didn't want to make a serious film, but a rather silly one instead. At other times you start questioning their motives because it's just SO BAD and not silly enough to be entertaining. Not really worth your time, unless you want this poster on your wall and tell others that you've actually seen this film! I bet not many people have. 2/10

I have watch for the first time SAW I, in this collection of film have just see SAW II, I have watch the one because I play on the video game, and the first one is also good as the second, will be watching the other later.