Neon

Last movie you saw.

Cul-de-sac (1966)
This Polanski film has a few similarities to his earlier Knife in the Water with focus on things like gender differences and the older wealthy man/young beautiful woman relationship and with the film taking place mostly in a single location (the property of the couple). The black and white cinematography in this is beautifully done. In fact, I would rank some scenes in Cul-de-sac among the best black and white filmmaking I've seen so far. The plot is very amusing and strangely interesting. It also contains an incredible long one-take scene on a beach with an airplane flying over at one point which would've required precise timing. Very impressive!

8/10

El Sexo de los Ángeles (2012)

Spanish movie that tells the story of how a three-person relationship comes together. It was actually rather sweet and had good character development and overall atmosphere. Some generic stuff here and there, but they didn't bother me so much. Great performances by the leading actors too, and it didn't hurt that they were all really good looking.

The Simpsons: The Longest Daycare

This was sort film featuring maggie simpson , cute and funny

8/10

Argo (2012)
Saw this last night just before the Academy Awards. It won several other awards so it caught my curiosity. Immediately after I watched it I wished it didn't win anything though. It's a very mediocre film. There isn't any suspense at all, unless you fall for every one of the dozen cheap tricks Affleck used.

When you create a film where a hero has to rescue hostages, you would expect that these hostages would be worth saving. I didn't care for them a bit: there's nobody interesting and all they ever do is look around swiftly and being scared. The idea of creating a fake film to rescue the hostages is clever and promising, but the film fails to do anything with it.

Apparently this won Best Picture and I can't understand why. This is one of those films loosely based on a historic event to create a suspenseful thriller except without the suspense. At this point I somehow feel like I'm a bit too harsh but I honestly can't discover anything special or outstanding about it.

If I were to give it a rating... I wouldn't really know how to rate it. Perhaps a 6/10 if you can easily enjoy many films and are very susceptible to suspense tricks and don't care about character development or depth in any form. 3/10 if these things done badly (or "average-ly") do bother you and take away your enjoyment.

Baby Face (1933)

Barbara Stanwyck (perhaps best known for playing the lead actress role in the later film Double Indemnity) plays a girl who has always been the object of lust in her father's bar and supposedly slept around with his customers and she feels dirty and used. One day her father dies and after being inspired by some philosophy of a Nietzsche book (yes, really!) she tries to build a career by starting to use men to her own advantage. Nietzsche didn't actually mean his words this way of course, but that's how she took the advice.

What's next is her immoral journey of using sex to work her way up the 'rankings' which is cleverly shown with a camera panning across a skycraper from office to office (upwards of course) throughout the film. Eventually she wears the most expensive clothes and jewelry in the world, gets driven around by the greatest cars, etc, you get the idea.

Apparently this was one of the films that led to a much stricter Hollywood code which prohibited many of the things happening in this picture.

Besides the lack of interesting dialogue and somewhat predictable plot (of course they had to create an acceptable ending to this), it is a fun ride. It's interesting to see what was considered 'shocking' back then and I think that if this film was made today there would at least be some discussion about it as well. 6/10

The Master (2012)

"A Naval veteran arrives home from war unsettled and uncertain of his future - until he is tantalized by The Cause and its charismatic leader."

Interesting to say the least. It differs from most films as in it doesn't have a standard narrative structure. At times the film is a breath of fresh air because it doesn't use cheap tricks on the audience that many other films do.

The Master respects the audience as people who are capable of thinking on their own, without the need to make the storytelling unnecessarily difficult. I like this structure very much and it's very well done. However, at times the film feels a bit too distant because of this. A couple of scenes feel disconnected and dragged out. But it does manage to keep you interested all the way from the beginning to the end. The cinematography is great and it's very atmospheric. Love the use of colors in this. 8/10

Rope

first Alfred Hitchcock's color movie and James Stewart marks his first starring role for Hitchcock,

I loved this movie.

10/10

Love and Death

second Woody Allen movie I have seen this year , this was wery funny movie and laughable

9/10

Tales from the Darkside.

I was surprised by the amount of cameos! Also creepshow/creepshow 2 are awesome movies.

evangelion 1.11 you are (not) alone

third time watching it and the way ramiel morphs still amazes me. it's so visually stunning ugh