Mamo

Bring back "Monochrome Heaven J-Rock Awards 2017"

Just like the title says this is an attempt to bring back the m-h jrock awards for the year 2017 which last took place way back in 2012 and apparently ended do to lack of participation. Awards were given for best album, single, new band, etc. And all of this was decided by user votes.

So I asked about reviving this and here's what @Zeussaid, THBfKb0.jpg

Judging by all of the yearly best album/single reviews I would hope there's still some interest in something like this. So if you want to see the "Monochrome heaven J-Rock Awards 2017" then help me get this topic 50 likes and/or 50 comments by the end of the month.

Edited by Mamo

Just to keep this discussion going and possibly help promote this topic I'd like to list a few of my nominees for potential categories in the 'M-M J-rock Awards":

Best of 2017  

Albums/Mini-albums

Spoiler

[2017.03.15] ザアザア (Xaa-xaa) - 不幸な迷路 (fukou na meiro)

DAKTRCL-143.jpg?v=1

[2017.06.22] sukekiyo - ADORATIO

NEODAI-18516.jpg?v=1

[2017.08.09] gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy - In incontinence

PMGG-4.jpg?v=1

[2017.08.02] R指定(R-shitei) - 日本アブノーマル協会(Nihon Abnormal Kyokai)

SDR-309.jpg?v=1

[2017.06.21] FIXER - Libra

SWFX-4B.jpg?v=1

[2017.10.25] SAVAGE - 冷血な子守唄 (Reiketsu na Komori Uta) (罪盤 (Tsumi-ban)) &  (罰盤 (Batsu-ban)) 

SVG-11SB.jpg?v=1SVG-11SA.jpg?v=1

Best New Band:

Spoiler

RAZOR

3c91baf8379bd65e92ad06030946976d.jpg#3c9

Members:

Vo. 猟牙(ryouga) (ex-BLUEチョコレヱト(BLUE chocolate)–>RENNY AMY–>BORN)

Gt. 剣(tsurugi) (ex-azure, ex-Sadie)

Gt. 衍龍(kouryuu) (ex-ASYURA–>Keith–>DOPES.–>My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND)

Ba. IZA (ex-MiScast–>リスミー(rhythmy)–>sparrow–>FANTOM–>シリアル⇔NUMBER(serial NUMBER)–>DOWNER)

Dr. 哲也(tetsuya) (ex-羅刹(rasetsu)–>SKULL–>My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND)

ORCALADE

1d7059d1cf0d6e8eb88562ca315a16f9.jpg#1d7

Members:

Vo. HIRO (ex- GRIND → MaveRick → EAT YOU ALIVE→ ORCALADE)

Gt. 希 (Nozomi) (ex- クロルシアン (clorcian) → ClearVeil → カラット (carat) → ORCALADE)

Gt. 貴樹 (Takaki) (ex-ASS'n'ARRow → DEATHGAZE (support) → DEATHGAZE → ORCALADE)

Dr. ゆいぜ (Yuize) (ex- ASS'n'ARRow, ClearVeil (support) → ORCALADE)

Support Ba. HISAYOSHI (ex-HYBRID-ZOMBIEZ → ClearVeil → ゴン☆素晴バンド → Fuel Pumps, ORCALADE (support))

DEXCORE

e9a192168d445f1a77542d07278d8f25.jpg#e9a

Vo. 架神(Kagami) (→ dexcore → DEXCORE)

Gt. haku (→ Mizaria → AxiL(support) → Alive to Die → Butterfly syndrome → dexcore(support) → DEXCORE)

Ba. 澄(to-ru) (→ dexcore(support) → DEXCORE)

Dr. 直樹(Naoki) (→ Cena rate → KUSSE → Berry → deathgaze → DEATHGAZE[hiatus], dexcore → DEXCORE)

Edited by Mamo

nya no need, the bands we know who are popular will be end up in the list anyway. there won't be big surprises anyway. 

Maybe it could turn in that some random people with different taste of music would like to share their favorite list at the end of the year? 

fuck the "Monochrome Heaven J-Rock Award's", lets bring back  the"Monochrome McChicken  Monday's" baby..........

If anyone still wants to see this brought back please give this topic likes. Only 2 more days and we need 33 more.

I don't think we have enough active members to reach 50 likes lol. 

Most people just lurk and download. From what I've observed from other topics, there's at most 30~ish users who actively  participate in the community . 

Either way I vote yes :)

57 minutes ago, platy said:

I don't think we have enough active members to reach 50 likes lol. 

Most people just lurk and download. From what I've observed from other topics, there's at most 30~ish users who actively  participate in the community . 

Either way I vote yes :)

Yeah I've been more active lately and I've noticed that too. The place only blows up when a long awaited release is uploaded. lol For the most part anyway. 

Can you let @Zeus know? And maybe he'll do this anyway with 23 likes. lol  I hope so I really wanted this again for years now. I personally think it's a good way to help bring in new members and also preserve a little history of J-rock and I also think it would flow well with the staff reviews and monthly recommended tracks.

lol But what do I know?   :tw_lol:

Anyway @platysince you're a mod will you relay everything I just said to the staff as a final plea? Especially @Zeus 

Even if this doesn't become an official thing you could still do a poll. Don't know how many people would vote though. I know last year there were some releases I really liked that weren't on the official list.