Mikuto

Best clean singing in Japanese music

Ryo Kawakita (Maximum the Hormone)

Kyo mostly since Six Ugly (Dir en Grey)

Yukio Morikawa (Anthem 1987-1992 releases)

Eizo Sakamoto

Hizumi (D'espairsRay)

Anchang

Tatsyua "Paul" Umehara (44 Magnum)

Shigeyuki Suzuki

Masaki Yamada (Ezo, 90's Loudness)

Time to make myself a list:

- Takanori Nishikawa (TMR/abingdon boys school)

- ASAGI (D)

- Atsushi Sakurai (BUCK-TICK)

- Hayato (DuelJewel)

- Ryuuichi Kawamura (LUNA SEA)

- Yoshiyuki (heidi.)

- Isshi (Kagrra, though not the very best due too his operations, he still has a very comforting sound which results in me adding him to this list)

- Satsuki (ex-RENTRER EN SOI)

- Mao (SID)

- Kuroneko (Onmyo-za)

- Hatis Noit (Mutyumu)

- Yumi Uchimura (school food punishment)

- Hizumi (D'espairsRay)

- Satoko (me-al art)

- Ryo (9GOATS BLACK OUT)

Small list but it'll do.

Mao (SID)

Ryo (9GOATS BLACK OUT)

Ruki (The GazettE)

Morrie (DEAD END)

Shindy (Anli Pollicino)

Asagi (D)

Yomi (NIGHTMARE)

Ryutaro (Plastic tree)

Shaura (VII-Sense)

Tomo (Vistlip)

Nimo (A)

Personally:

Masakazu (ex-M)

H0na6YK64Ok

Masashi (from FoZZtone)

vsb-Q-FPbvg

Mayb (would need to hear some more):

Tomoya (from メビウス)

OK6p33w-HGs

Of course there are many other nice too, especially indies pop/rock bands seem to have kinda vocals I personally could enjoy but at least in my case it's hard to fight with something you are extremely familiar with, besides I don't think you really can rate someone as vocalist only after hearing him/her few times anyway, it sounding cool few plays just isn't enough. And yes, I'm very much aware I've grown to love some vocals to the point I've actually come deaf to their flaws, making it impossible to be unbiased and so making whole list highly questionable :lol: .

can't believe Keiyu from Kra hasn't been mentioned not even once oO" or Yuki from Raphael/rice

or Aoi from Ayabie

My biased top three would be Mao (SID), Jui (Vidoll) and Asagi of course

And among the others that have not mentioned yet I might note Yuu (176biz, ZUCK) and Mitsu (Dolly)

Jui (Vidoll)

Satsuki (RENTRER EN SOI)

Mitsu (Dolly)

Asagi (D)

Not saying they're my favorite singers, but their voices are beautiful.

In my opinion the best singing vocalist from japanese artists is Yuki Sakurai from rice/Raphael. Ryoichi Endo (Soft Ballet/ends) and Issay (Der Zibet) are very good too. Also Atsushi Sakurai, Sono from Matenrou Opera, Mako from deadman and Jyui from Vidoll.

I don't like their music one bit, but the singer of v neu has an amazing voice live. Goddamn can that man project his voice. He managed to sing on key, loudly and quite beautifully, in a fully packed seated venue without a microphone. For most singers, you take away their mic and they are just done.

Ofcourse it's Kawamura Ryuichi.

Nah, there's probably better than him; but he is an extremely good vocalist.

This is from his "No mics" live, always impresses me.

Seconding. Also, Hyde from L'arc (despite his over-the-top performances these days), Mao from SID, Tatsurou (his "cracked" and "clean" performances are both fine to me), Atsushi Sakurai (pretty much "the father of good, interesting vk vocals"...and there's absolutely NOTHING bad about "Kimi no Vanilla's" sheep vox, they are in fact good) and Kyo from D'erlanger (VERY recognizable and listenable voice)

You would expect me to blow out Kyo from DEG and Kiyoharu as well but they have their own, varying top-notch (

[1]]
[2])  and low moments (
][1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWfQXqCCP0Q][2]) which makes it quite hard to classify them as...say, BEST CLEAN VOCALS EVAH or anything.

They are  surely the most interesting vocals impression-wise / vocal evolutions I have ever heard.

ps. what the heck did happen to linking option???

All I could come up with. 

Hizumi (De'spairs Ray)

Ryo (9Goats Black Out)

Kyo (Dir en grey)

Junpei ( ACID)

Danchou (NoGod)

Ken Lyod (Oblivion Dust, Fake?)

Sophia (Blood Stain Child)

Guest mitsubana

In my opinion, 蒼-AO-'s vocalist, NEON, is my favorite out of the visual kei bands I like. In their latest releases, he's improved a lot.

There are so many I could list. These are some of my favorites-
Kiryuin Sho, Shuuji Ishii, Atsushi Sakurai, Loki (Sugar/König), Dancho (NoGod), Ryo (9GBO). I also love Girugamesh Satoshi's voice, at least on their  earlier songs.

The one clean singer I consider to be the best is Jui from Vidoll. He does too make those crazyass weird (and awesome) growling sounds but he truly has an amazing clean voice. When I was a die-hard Vidoll fan I remember reading somewhere that he has had classical training in singing. He has an amazingly powerful voice and I like his vibrato a lot. He sounds awesome on CDs but also sings fantastically live. Not that I've ever seen them live but the live videos have made a huge impact on me.

My personal live favorite is 十年後の今日此処で (Juunen go no kyou koko de). I think there even isn't a studio version of the song and I've no idea who has composed it or if it's even an original Vidoll song. I just love that live and Jui's singing in it. Pure awesomeness.
And of course then there's Kimi wo nosete... But well, I won't link it here. But his falsetto does sound great even though Kimi wo nosete makes me giggle a bit.

If you don't have time to listen to the whole song, the chorus starts at 2:00. It gives me goosebumps everytime though I've listened to that song countless times.

[media][/media]

since satsuki has fallen from grace, its The prince! His voice is so powerful to the soul, makes me feel so good, makes life so much better and worth living. I can honesty say I love him and would take a bullet for him.

first work

http://youtu.be/rmPR3dAVfaQ

lastest work @1:24

Edited by blackdoll

since satsuki has fallen from grace, its The prince! His voice is so powerful to the soul, makes me feel so good, makes life so much better and worth living. I can honesty say I love him and would take a bullet for him.

first work

http://youtu.be/rmPR3dAVfaQ

lastest work

http://youtu.be/8OkCToTK3os

I'll have to say I love Yuuki's vocals in Death game. I really do think they're one of the best vocals if you're thinking about Lycaon's songs. Which is kind of sad since RED RUM was their first release... But nevertheless, I love Death game because of the amazing vocals. Amen.

I'll have to say I love Yuuki's vocals in Death game. I really do think they're one of the best vocals if you're thinking about Lycaon's songs. Which is kind of sad since RED RUM was their first release... But nevertheless, I love Death game because of the amazing vocals. Amen.

its not sad, its shows how strong they started. i think yuuki-sama didn't want to sing like that anymore, or felt it wouldn't fit (def not with the new stuff). anyway i miss it too like his brutal screams, but im just glad to have him and love everything he does.

I can't think of anyone whose voice is as flawless as SID's Mao in lives. Top notch every single time and I dunno how he does it.

Guild's Ryuichi is amazing too.

As for the more 'operatic' kind of delivery, both Kawamura Ryuichi and Yuki (Raphael/rice) are great.