Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

This is what Google Translator came up with, from a new Barks.jp article:

...Distinctive, beautiful and strong numbers. Melodic and conventional wisdom says we are also another kind of melody with a degree of impression, and traditional feel to be the new evolution of different sound textures, rock-solid "ness" and their typical Kiru never felt fit into the spread.

...so uhm yeah. If anyone knows Japanese, feel free to translate that first paragraph. :lol:

"conventional wisdom" lol. if there's any band that can be described at having "conventional wisdom", it's DEG

part of the barks.jp article translation:

celebrating the release on 1.26.11, more information about DIR EN GREY's new single 「LOTUS?? is found. ??。this song is the latest release in about 14 months, since the release of 「激????????????胸??中??絡??付??????熱??闇??, and with a heavy sense, this song is an absolutely presence: distinctive, beautiful, and strong. with one kind of impression at a time, and a traditional feel, this is the new evolution, with different sound textures, rock-solidness, and their typical genre that never fit into the spread.

the song has also been described as "beautifully intense" and that there is extreme heaviness but parts which "challenge" the general ideas of melody etc.

"new evolution", I like the sound of that. Can't wait to hear it! It does sound like its going to stick to the "progressive metal" sound of Uroboros though. Mixture of softer and harder sounds.

Quite typical for them. Anyway I'm also exited about it and can't wait to hear it. Hope that guys made their best. I'd appreciate a nice ballad, if it was one ;)

i feel like it will be a lot like the hageshisa to preview...but then again people that have heard the song report that it's a rocky / heavy ballad so maybe this is overall very representative of what the song will sound like. idk.

Hmm it sounds kind of awkward for me, I think it's the contrast between the high vocals and the low vocals. It sounds weird, but I'm sure I'll end up liking it, and I still can't wait for it! Especially curious about Obscure!

Sounds awesome, but we'll see when it'll be out. Samples are usually too tricky to judge a song.

This

as was with hage, it seems like a mish-mash of a number of songs.

but look at how hage turned out even with an awesome chorus, this seems more promising at least.