Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DECAYS new mini album "Red or Maryam" release

I will wait till i listen to the mini to give my final judgement but I do not like what I hear. I don't mind bits of auto tune here and there but seems that they used it 100% of their songs??? Why guys... Why do you do this to me. I was rooting for you :'(

edit: red tide sounds ok but everything else..

Didn't really do much for me, but those previews are too short to make much of a judgement I suppose. I'll give it a cursory listen at least.

Yeeeahh I know they're way too short, but those samples didn't do much for me either. Looks like the new songs won't differ much from "Secret mode" style-wise, so it kinda drags my expectations down.

2-4+7 sound legendary

nova spiral sounded like an anime op im actually disgusted

i hate to say it considering yall werent feeling this but i totally am. the shoegaze is definitely strong with this one and im excited to see how it turns out. really wish the guitars were heavier, but its not die's style to have next reverb and delay considering how much he loves that funkier playing style.

in b4 dir en grey go shoegaze on the next album

Why do people keep referring to DECAYS as a shoegaze project? Feels like everybody's been throwing that term around ever since Kobayashi was revealed to be a member but I'd hardly say that shoegaze is the core part of their sound. It sounds more like generic pop-rock than anything else to me.

Anyway, neither Secret mode, NOVA SPIRAL, nor any of the other previews have really done anything for me so far. Probably wont be in a rush to check this mini out if I'm honest.

The song by itself is quite nice, but I kept waiting on when I'd be hearing Die sing without auto-tune. It's like he is embarassed about his own voice and tries to cover it with either effects or another voice layered on top of it.

I'm liking this "NOVA SPIRAL" song a bit more than "Secret mode". It doesn't make me wanna listen to it ever again, but it was okay for one time. Literally not an ounce of shoegaze here tho, I guess this project is just straight-up pop-rock like others mentioned before. The autotune actually kinda fits this style imo, tho this over-polished sound isn't to my taste at all, so meh...

my salty ass is gonna post my salty thoughts here

• why....
  • i cant imagine why any of these guys would think autotune would be c00l so i am going to have to assume it is because Die can't sing
  • if he can't sing then uhhhhhhh give the vocals to the guy who is a vocalist in his own band? :??
  • i cant tell if the autotune is what is making me not like this whole thing bhut i am going back to the PV later to check that
  • my fake ass is still waiting for a leak anyways

finally,

tumblr_mfzpuxNZgD1ql86bho1_500.gif

The reason why people call it shoegaze is because a lot of their songs are shoegaze influenced.

Track 3, 4, 6 and 7 definitely gives off very strong shoegaze vibes in a live setting, but the way its mixed on CD makes it seem like the person doing the job really wanted to place those elements in the background in an attempt to make it more "pop", at the shows those hazy reverbed guitars you can barely hear now were crushingly loud.

That being said, DECAYS is not a pure shoegaze band by any means, but saying that shoegaze is not a part of their core sound is not justified based on my impressions at their concert, at least.

Die: This is my project. I sing. Even if I can't sing. I sing.

lol. I agree though, Kobayashi taking the lead vocal would make it better. I don't hate the auto-tune but it doesn't really add anything to the style they are playing, either.

Sign in to follow this