Trombe

Die(DIR EN GREY) project "DECAYS" has formed

looks cool, but i sincerely hope die does not sing 'too much'. 

i just cant imagine him singing.

I think it's a bit too early to be saying stuff like that considering we haven't even heard how he sounds yet aside from some backing screams/shouts at DEG lives. At least wait until we've heard something from the band before deciding whether you'd rather have him singing or not.

Shoegaze is fine, but I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting. Although I think Kobayashi's involvement has pushed my expectations far higher than they need to be.

again, im intrigued .

but it's not as interesting and exciting as 

i was for when sukekiyo was announced.

but nonetheless, intriguing. 

altho the footage is cheesy .

I have to admit, the SE creating a more creepy vibe that I was expecting for this project.

I won't judge until i hear a song.  Of course, I'm intrigued and hope it will be spectacular, but I'll wait until the 23rd.

^I hope its not. Id lose some respect for Die if it ended up being so. I'm not hoping this will be as 'complex' as Sukekiyo's stuff but id at least like some kind of appealing creativity that makes em standout. 

In all seriousness, I feel this is going to be like nu-DEG and sukekiyo but more watered down and not as vocally aggressive (no screaming/shrieking/growling ).

In all seriousness, I feel this is going to be like nu-DEG and sukekiyo but more watered down and not as vocally aggressive (no screaming/shrieking/growling ).

Knowing that his "main colleagues" a.k.a MOON CHILD drummer and Koba are there, it is less likely that this will end up as some sort of "nu-DEG"-kind of thing (your definition sounds like something Kaoru would rather do than Die himself...since Kaoru's the "main tailor" of Dir's sound after all):

- Both Kashiyama (drummer) and Kobayashi ("guest" guitarist) are rather huge brit rock/shoegaze enthusiasts (common favs including Ride, The Smiths, The Cure...you can get the gist already in case you know these)

- Die always used to be the person behind the most melodic (Kaishun) and rather "alt. rocking" (I suppose "Wake" counts as one) numbers in DEG repertoire (i.e. definitely not a "metal" person, nor a person with "complex" tastes)

- Both Die and Kobayashi seem to be a lot into exploring various guitar trickeries and riffages, and their traits on that matter make them really stick out well in their respective bands 

- Marine-colored, foil-based room scenes are not doing much in case they want to express what you just called "more watered down Sukekiyo"-effect (most artsy bands aim to expand and clarify their "visions" by adding a lot to the visual effect as well, see: sukekiyo's "Aftermath" PV)

All in all, ender's expectations (I suppose mine too) are more likely to happen according to the factors I expressed above. :)

im still #teamshoegaze

that preview video was awful, tin foil is NOT an aesthetic

die take off ur clothes plz thank u

It's the 23rd in Japan, so the video is available on itunes Japan. I don't have an itunes Japan card, but judging from the available PV preview, it sounds like might have been right, ahahaha.

Not sure what to think yet, haha... Such a light pop-rocky track. Not that it's bad, just... I dunno, I guess I just need some time to adjust to something with Die in it other than DIR EN GREY. :D