Trombe

MIYAVI new album "The Others" release

This isn't only a vk forum.

90 % of news forum postings are vk-related, and miyavi is one of those artists who shifts between vk/non-vk like every 3 years or so.

but people who listen to more than just vk are welcome here just as much as anyone else.

I was talking to one particular Gackt stan, if it clears things up, and I don't speak on behalf of anyone other than me.

Apart from a few songs from the time when he just started his solo career I was not a fan of his music. However, I found Miyavi somehow original, his music had some interesting sounds, subliminal singing, etc.

Now, he has traded all that to become a more mainstream artist, appealing enough to a broader spectruum of western audiences which Visual Kei, even in its most maintream branch, simply cannot provide to him.

Well, I will always have Jibun kakumei 2003 and Girls, be ambitous and Due'le quartz in my heart.

limited edition (4,860yen) will include CD+DVD (including scene of "MIYAVI LIVE in L.A." at El Rey Theatre at 2015/02/18, 73 minutes), and regular edition (3,240yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.Cruel
02.Into The Red
03.Come Alive
04.Alien Girl
05.Let Go(2015 ver.)
06.Odyssey
07.All The Way
08.Unite(feat. Rob Harvey)
09.The Others
10.Calling
11.Shangri-La (電気グルーヴ(denki groove) cover)

Oh I have no hopes for this. The album art is just like his last two albums. The sing titles are boring. If anything, I'd get this just for the DVD because he's good live.

[limited edition DVD track list]
MIYAVI LIVE in L.A. at El Rey Theatre 2015.02.18
・What's My Name?
・Strong
・Chase It
・Secret
・Let Go
・Guard You
・Cry Like This
・Ganryu
・Survive
・Futuristic Love
・Day 1
・Selfish Love
・What A Wonderful World
・Horizon

I have not invested in listening to Miyavi heavily since 2009.  His output in the Miyavi Uta ~Dokuso~/Samurai Sessions/Neo-Visualizm cycles were my favorite incarnations of his music, but lately - I think the English focus and collab focused output has not been able to interest me like the old era (although, living in Korea in 2013 and being bombarded with K-Pop on the daily made me enjoy his ballad focused single "Guard You" as it sounds like a K-Pop song...).

Like I do with his other releases, I will probably sample it once, enjoy a song or two and discard the rest.

I really disliked "Let Go"...

I sometimes get the feeling that perhaps, once he turned 30, he thought he was a bit old to be a Visual Kei artist. Then he switched to a more mainstream look, kind of feeling lost and/or searching for a style that best suited him.

I don't know how well his more westernised generic music will work in the west. I tend to think he might have lost some fans since his music has become more mainstream and less interesting.

Listened through the album on Spotify only an hour or so ago and I can barely remember a thing about it; it all just seemed to blur together into one long generic song. I'm all for Miyavi doing what he wants, but I think I can comfortably say that his recent material really isn't my thing.