Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DIR EN GREY Music Clip Blu-ray/DVD "Average Sorrow" release

空谷の跫音 is better than most lyric videos; there's actual video footage and it's on the minimalistic side. Whereas in a typical run-of-the-mill metal lyric video, there's some graphic in the background that's shaking (or some other stupid moving effect) and the lyrics almost ALWAYS fly in and also shake (and sometimes more stupid effects)... like those FUCKTURNAL BUTTLUST lyric videos...

why not?

Because lyric PVs are usually considered as means of promoting releases through video streaming sites (a.k.a "teasers") instead of being "legit PVs" (that can be normally marketed or streamed through TV, for instance)

Not to mention that the collage of stock footage and whatnot in "Kuukoku" makes it totally inferior to "better" PVs in AS, e.g. Unraveling (if we believe in a knot stans' words about it being "von Trier-y")

lol Shinya actually looks the most masculine this time? Whatever the case, I think it's great to see that they're still embracing their visual roots to an extent. Can dig.

edit: Kyo kinda looks like a video game character from King of Fighters lol

I say yes to this new look, and another yes going to Kyo. Shinya's fab as usual. Except Kaoru's look, which I find meh in that particular pic, all the members are so fucking classy. Kaoru should forget about facial hair if he wants to adopt a more Visual Kei style, even if he looks better in his individual shot. Btw, the individual shots of the members are awesome as well. 

bio_kyo.jpg

bio_kaoru.jpg

bio_die.jpg

bio_toshiya.jpg

bio_shinya.jpg

It's times like this when I get amused that some people still think that Dir en grey have completely shed any Visual Kei influences.

Anyway, I'm normally not the type of person to care too much for a band's 'look', but I quite like this one.

there will be a total of nine music videos:

激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa
LOTUS
DIFFERENT SENSE
輪郭 / Rinkaku
Unraveling (Restricted Ver.)
SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
空谷の跫音 / Kukoku No Kyouon (lyric video)
Revelation Of Mankind (Restricted Ver.)
鱗 / Uroko

making of:

激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa