Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

finished 08th ms team yesterday, well it was a good show after all, I like it :). No newtype drama, just fight as an army and face the reality of war.

still want to watch old gundam series because I am a big fan of gundam franchise lol and want to finish em all

any recommendation among this list?:

-First gundam

-Z gundam

-ZZ Gundam

-G Gundam

-Victory Gundam

-Turn A Gundam

I want to watch Turn A Gundam first maybe, but watching 40-50 eps series is an effort haha

^

They're all good shows. Skip the tv version of the first Gundam and watch the movie trilogy instead. After you watch Zeta, you'll hate the first 16+ eps of ZZ because of its sudden change of tone but it gets a lot better as the series progresses. Victory Gundam is a very slow watch in the first half and it's overall the most depressing Gundam series with the amount of casualties in almost every ep. it's also the longest tv series running at 51 eps, so this will be more of a chore for you than Turn A. When watching Turn A Gundam, expect this to be more of a character driven show than action.

Visit this site for more Gundam info. http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/gundam.htm

I recommend listening to their podcast as well!

^thanks for the recommendation, yeah it's not like I want to skip the first gundam and watch the movie instead, but I want to feel the original of first gundam series in TV version. I watched the last trilogy movie but I feel I must watch the tv ver.

I am not like in the past, enthusiast in watching anime, can watch many episodes in a day. Now I have a hard time and get bored easily, that's why I can't stand anime with many episodes, I doubt I can finish it :P. I watched first gundam and victory gundam earlier episode in the past, and still on hold until now

^thanks for the recommendation, yeah it's not like I want to skip the first gundam and watch the movie instead, but I want to feel the original of first gundam series in TV version. I watched the last trilogy movie but I feel I must watch the tv ver.

Sure go for it. However, just to warn you, expect nearly 1/3 of the show to be filler and some plot points will make zero sense due to production and business circumstances. Anyways, hope you enjoy.

so not going to say anything about the new hxh episode yet, but this seems like a accurate rating for the episode. kinda weird seeing almost no 1-2 ratings lol.

This was the episode I waited 15+ episodes to see and it was so worth it.

Yeah... It's the Madoka english voice actor cast that's doing this, and to be honest a lot of the male characters are voiced pretty decent in this trailer, but both Matoi's and Satsuki's VA's are awful... which is like stupid since those are the two main characters.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

=_______________________________________________________________________________________=

what the fuck is up with that do I have to take a fucking plane to the US to see certain videos is2g youtube

I don't want to say I'm partial to the Japanese voices because I watched it in Japanese first, but dear god the voice acting is terrible. Gamagoori is trying too hard to sound like a drill sergeant and Satsuki and Ryuko both sound like two grown women trying to sound like teenagers.

Nonon is 100% perfect though.

I wouldn't call it the best anime in years, but it's definitely better than some other series that have come out recently... Really though if you want to know what Steins;Gate is really about, then play the Visual Novel. The VN is infinitely better than the anime and goes way more in depth with the story, plot. characters, and just about everything else. I wouldn't consider it as an anime being the best in recent years, but as a VN I can totally see someone saying that about it as I would be inclined to agree with them.

Really though it all comes down to tastes and opinions. Do I think Steins;Gate is the best show ever or in years? No. Do I think it was good and enjoyable to an extent for what they did? Yes. Would I give it a re-watch here in a few more years? Probably.

P.S. Just so you know there is a OVA and movie out that actually continues the end of the anime and actually gives it a somewhat more satisfying ending. I would totally recommend watching them if I was you.

Sorry. I watched the whole thing through already and this judgement has to stay as it is. I'll give it to Steins;Gate that they really created an emotional finale and a sort-of touching romance (although typical shounen bullshit love story), but I can't push aside two facts:

1. The plot was barely moving forward and not engaging at all in like the first 10 episodes. And it's just downright naive how the plot develops. Like a bunch of meta-physicists will take that long to realize all the variables that come with time-travelling. Like "what, things actually change when we travel in time??" Then it just gets exciting enough far too late, you have to punch yourself through a bunch of boring-ass episodes with unbearable characters, and what I heard from most reviewers they really only did it BECAUSE they were already told it's worth it at the end. This is unacceptable.

2. Unbearable characters. Almost every character in this manga is in either way annoying, stupid or far too overdone in any sort of way to relate to (I watched in original dub). May it be an annoyingly crazy main character, a girl who acts and talks like she's mentally handicapped, or a cat-girl with this nyan all the time. Horrible. As well as this "Du-Duruuu". No seriously, I think Mayuri is the most horribly designed female main cast in a shounen story of all time. And this is a big achievement, given how hard shounen usually deals with female char design.

Just (finally) finished Kill la Kill...my final opinion is just one big meh. I had a couple friends that told me the ending made it all worth it, but honestly it just felt so stale. I wouldn't call Kill la Kill bad by any means, but it really didn't do much in my eyes to warrant anything more than an average rating.

Side note: at least it was better than the last few "most popular" animes from the last year or so (SOA, Madoka, AoT).

Got stuck in some 10 year old trying-to-be-mecha series called Sousei no Aquarion. Apparently the second season is better so there's that. It's amusing so far though but I have to laugh at the stupidity of some of these characters. Also, don't ever give me female characters who are all over the main lead in some way (and are always dressed in pink) because I won't like any of them. Flay, Asuka... Silvia in this one. Oh pls.

I was so done when I was this scene lol...

tumblr_n6fabj4TJ31tcz8q3o1_1280.jpg

I'm on ep 78 of HxH now. I've really been enjoying it a lot so far...certainly one of the more impressive shounens I've seen

Let see, I am trying to finish Sword Art Online and I have started watching Attack on Titians. It has been awhile that I watch Anime but I'm playing the Video Games of it.

I did finish Attack on Titan recently, thought I tried to avoid it due tot he hype (though it proved to be pretty good, but not amazing like people make it seem) I also finally finished Soul Eater, which I was disappointed with the ending. Maybe Soul Eater Not! will be better? 

Let see, I am trying to finish Sword Art Online and I have started watching Attack on Titians. It has been awhile that I watch Anime but I'm playing the Video Games of it.

Yeah same here. I've been playing video games more than anything.

What do you think of Sword Art Online so far? How far are you?

I'm watching kill la kill....and it's um...interesting to say the very least. but enjoyable.

I have this huge list of anime to watch but..... i am a lazy faggot, so I dont watch them.

I did manage to finish a good chunk of Hetalia. It was pretty great. Im sad I avoided it for so long.

I moved over to watching Blood Lad. It's really good imo but it seems like not a lot of people have watched it so that's a little lame.

I wanna talk about it with people....and there's no one :(

Blood Lad was a decent little fun show, and the OVA kinda hinted towards their maybe being a second season so, who knows what will happen... I doubt it'll be anytime soon though

I started Blood Lad a while ago but I have yet to finish it.

Currently in awe over Sidonia no Kishi, and wondering why I know no one who's watching it. Same goes for Nanana and M3. Three of the better series of this season imo.