Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

12012 new mini album "XII" release

"Story of a different dimension" is the only track that I'm not super thrilled about, but I am still excited as fuck for this mini album. It seems there may be less engrish this time around, which is always a plus. I will definitely miss them while they're gone.

"the red" and "alone" they will most likely be my favourites.

Also, curious to hear the rest of "aqua."

I don't really know where did allusions to Sukekiyo came from, but hey - I am not a fan, and I can say already that this will be quite decent/pleasing result along with THE SWAN (12012's change to this is hands down one of the biggest improvements in vk history).

"The Red" might need some time from me, but other than that - they seemed to delve back to where they were good at :)

ps. for the sake of sticking with comparisons, the first sample reminded me of Awake/Kiss-era L'arc - except with more "crunch"...

The mini album seems to start and end with 'the red'; I feel as if they've regressed to the Seven stage (which I personally wasn't too fond of). While I'm a fan of the inclusion of more clean vocals, i don't like how only one song seems to keep with the new sound.

With that said, 'aqua' sounds pretty good.

Damn that hiatus. The songs really sound more like DIAMOND to SEVEN era with bits and pieces from their self titled and the last 2 minis. Really do want!

I don't really know where did allusions to Sukekiyo came from, but hey - I am not a fan, and I can say already that this will be quite decent/pleasing result along with THE SWAN (12012's change to this is hands down one of the biggest improvements in vk history).

How so?

The samples sound good. Since there is the impending hiatus having the songs feel more melancholy (versus as heavy as the recent stuff) feels right. I like the balance of tempo they chose.

there's no direct comparison to kyo's project - I mean, 9GBO did the slowtempo nonsense no one cared about for years, but kyo sort of legitimized this niche in vk, and 12012 rushed into same direction immediately

(I can't recall them putting as much emphasis on the slow stuff in any given release before this)

1) satsuki 2) satsuki&kyo 3) mao 4) wataru 5) kyo..... overall Rentrer en Soi swaggg

Really diggin alone.

But man do these guys ever stay consistent? If someone ever asked me about 12012 I'd have to consider 3 different eras.

I liked the direction they were going with decida and the swan and so was hoping this would be a refined continuation of the two.

Saaaad face.

As I expected from these previews....a valiant effort/gift before they go on hiatus. I hope they realize that they are indeed strong as a band and this hiatus doesn't lead to disbandment. 

there's no direct comparison to kyo's project - I mean, 9GBO did the slowtempo nonsense no one cared about for years, but kyo sort of legitimized this niche in vk, and 12012 rushed into same direction immediately

(I can't recall them putting as much emphasis on the slow stuff in any given release before this)

Umm...okay, so you are trying to say that this "slowtempo nonsense" is basically 9gbo's "staple style"? I am not trying to cause a debate here or anything, but I think songs like these have been cultivated in vk like for years (and years before 9gbo tbqh) - whatever floats your boat though!

How so?

I just think it's not that hard to see 12012 actually *acknowledging* their "later" faults (e.g. s/t-album) - sure, they are still trying to stick to certain trends (read: "Firewall div. worship" in parts), but let's think positively: as some people already pointed it out, they are incorporating their latest "experiments" with their "Glay-rock" era releases (which I find rather pleasing together than as separate eras). To put it numerically, if I had given THE SWAN a 7-ish, I would see myself giving this 8, despite not hearing the full songs (I'll be okay with "the red" being possibly full-on br00tal approach too). :)

Inb4 any band that does anything remotely close to Old school VK or whatever is copying the oh so great SUKEKIYO.

Tbh the swan shows that 12012 actually has stopped tryna be wanna be'a and do their own thing. To me this is a continuation of that while fusing their older sounds in the mix as well.

Umm...okay, so you are trying to say that this "slowtempo nonsense" is basically 9gbo's "staple style"? I am not trying to cause a debate here or anything, but I think songs like these have been cultivated in vk like for years (and years before 9gbo tbqh) - whatever floats your boat though!

that's how I perceive 9GBO and w/e followed - which might be innacurate.

I just think it's not that hard to see 12012 actually *acknowledging* their "later" faults (e.g. s/t-album) - sure, they are still trying to stick to certain trends (read: "Firewall div. worship" in parts), but let's think positively: as some people already pointed it out, they are incorporating their latest "experiments" with their "Glay-rock" era releases (which I find rather pleasing together than as separate eras). To put it numerically, if I had given THE SWAN a 7-ish, I would see myself giving this 8, despite not hearing the full songs (I'll be okay with "the red" being possibly full-on br00tal approach too). :)

idk their entire discography since leaving undercode sounds like an incoherent and unsuccessful attempt to find a scene to fit in, and this, essentially, sounds like they're acknowledging that sukekiyo is successful without having a hurrdurrcore focused sound, and are trying to snatch a share of kyo's weave.

@Hellion

you won't argue that dir en grey/kyo are influential enough to shape the way lesser vk bands sound with every major release, would u?

every time Deg does anything remotely fresh (for this scene),

pops out almost immediately, or mucc/gazette/12012 suddenly realize they want to sound heavy again

12012 had about ten full years to come back to old school vk, yet they are doing it now.

needless to say, I'm curious reg. their future direction - I don't like this stuff, but I'm not necessarily hating on it, lol.

And are trying to snatch a share of kyo's weave

I'd be inclined to agree more if these samples sounded more like Sukekiyo but I agree with Hellion, it sounds more like they're incorporating their previous style.

Judging from the previews this might end up pretty good, but The Red sounds like it'll be thei worst song ever. Jesus, the preview of that song was awful.

idk their entire discography since leaving undercode sounds like an incoherent and unsuccessful attempt to find a scene to fit in, and this, essentially, sounds like they're acknowledging that sukekiyo is successful without having a hurrdurrcore focused sound, and are trying to snatch a share of kyo's weave.

@Hellion

you won't argue that dir en grey/kyo are influential enough to shape the way lesser vk bands sound with every major release, would u?

every time Deg does anything remotely fresh (for this scene),

pops out almost immediately, or mucc/gazette/12012 suddenly realize they want to sound heavy again

12012 had about ten full years to come back to old school vk, yet they are doing it now.

needless to say, I'm curious reg. their future direction - I don't like this stuff, but I'm not necessarily hating on it, lol.

Disregarding the fact it is impossible to get a good idea as to what the overall product is going to sound like with such short samples, what about the music do you find to be an influence from sukekiyo? The only thing you touched on in a previous post is in regards to tempo, and that literally tells you nothing about the composition and only the speed at which it is done. What about the music is reminiscent of sukekiyo?

I feel like you're reaching here and quick to shovel this along with similar bands into the category of "Dir en grey wanna-be's" without actual consideration of the music when what's been shown is so minute that nothing can be pulled from them other than a passing glance at where it might go.

I feel like you're reaching here and quick to shovel this along with similar bands into the category of "Dir en grey wanna-be's" 

precisely. I don't consider their music anything significant, even though I like it at times, and I looooove dismissal generalizations.

precisely. I don't consider their music anything significant, even though I like it at times, and I looooove dismissal generalizations.

Did you intend on answering my question?

The only thing you touched on in a previous post is in regards to tempo, and that literally tells you nothing about the composition and only the speed at which it is done. What about the music is reminiscent of sukekiyo?

Sign in to follow this