Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

12012 new mini album "XII" release

that's how I perceive 9GBO and w/e followed - which might be innacurate.

idk their entire discography since leaving undercode sounds like an incoherent and unsuccessful attempt to find a scene to fit in, and this, essentially, sounds like they're acknowledging that sukekiyo is successful without having a hurrdurrcore focused sound, and are trying to snatch a share of kyo's weave.

@Hellion

you won't argue that dir en grey/kyo are influential enough to shape the way lesser vk bands sound with every major release, would u?

every time Deg does anything remotely fresh (for this scene),

pops out almost immediately, or mucc/gazette/12012 suddenly realize they want to sound heavy again

12012 had about ten full years to come back to old school vk, yet they are doing it now.

needless to say, I'm curious reg. their future direction - I don't like this stuff, but I'm not necessarily hating on it, lol.

Here's the thing though, everyone and their mother knows that SADIE can't stand on their own two feet without jacking whatever Dir is doing at the given time. The GazettE has always been a hard/heavy band. MUCC from what I last heard has pretty much treaded into different directions musically. These comparisons are pretty baseless imo.

And also, I don't mean to rehash this but...these are samples. Seems a bit much to make such generalizations on a few seconds of a song.

Did you intend on answering my question?

What about the music is reminiscent of sukekiyo?

I'll refer to my comment from the previous page.

and this one just for the sake of stressing I'm not comparing their sound, but kyo did influence their direction with this release imo.

And also, I don't mean to rehash this but...these are samples. Seems a bit much to make such generalizations on a few seconds of a song.

I'd be happy to back off on my comments if the final mini turns out a vk genre re-definer of 2014 and exceeds all the expectations (p. modest in my case)

oh god this sounds like sukekiyo gave every other vk artist an artistic permission to abuse nowhere going slow flowing compositions

"slow flowing compositions"? What does that even mean? Slow indicates tempo; but "flowing"? What are you trying to describe here? And more importantly, what is it about these "slow flowing compositions" that are evident in both sukekiyo's music, and the 12012 previews?

EDIT: for clarification

Sign in to follow this