blackdoll

AvelCain

These guys are too much for me, their best so far would be Kataomoi. The fucking Piano does it for me, ans the second track on MOON is dope shit too. AvelCain needs another album, they continue to slay. Rock on emo yuuki, u and Hir- erm, Byou and co. That one live where Zen pulled the bangyas hair tho.

I need to hit up an AvelCain live.

I haven't seen this somewhere here. So read it! It's really entertaining to read this interview. 

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/01/14/interview-avelcain-on-moon-yomigaeri-and-more/

A relationship like Karma & Seiko Thanks for the link!

That was fairly interesting and showed me just how much I love this Band!

I want to watch this movie so bad, Karma playing Karma just.. happier lol

and I loved this one comment of Zen about Lycaon

I need to hit up an AvelCain live.

YES YES YES DO IT FERNI they're so amazing

MUST WATCH THIS. ------------------------------> 0:46 <--------------------------

https://youtu.be/_MsiMd3N6Qw?t=46s

EDIT:

Recent news from Sibilebashir and AvelCain

https://twitter.com/karmaavelcain/status/693100502041522176

https://twitter.com/karmaavelcain/status/693098327152291840

CZ5hsPyUAAAriIw.jpg

CZ5jOj0VIAApzQu.jpg

MUST WATCH THIS. ------------------------------> 0:46 <--------------------------

https://youtu.be/_MsiMd3N6Qw?t=46s

EDIT:

Recent news from Sibilebashir and AvelCain

https://twitter.com/karmaavelcain/status/693100502041522176

https://twitter.com/karmaavelcain/status/693098327152291840

CZ5hsPyUAAAriIw.jpg

CZ5jOj0VIAApzQu.jpg

omg appl thanks for this

yeaa AvelCain's ballads are really great!! I usually feel like many VK bands, and other bands around the world too really, make ballads just for the sake of having them in their setlist, but that's not the case with these guys. Karma is really able to put a lot of emotion into their songs.

揺り籠 is my favourite song of them and I get chills every time I listen to it.

EDIT: oh, I read your post again yakihiko... I guess MOON and 夜光虫 got pretty unique sound as far as their ballads go and can't think of others alike, but still you should give their other songs a chance too!

AvelCain Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhV20pzkgDo

the tablecloth challenge:

Kaede:*concentrate! concentrate! need to focus"*...yeah

Byou:*wooah it seriously worked I killed it biiiitch!..now look up and give a badass look*

Zen:...naaaah fuck this shit

what kind of punishment was that in the end? seriously? hahahahah

I just found it funny how Avelcain street team (fuck yeah) youtube got deleted, i guess Avelcain wasnt fucking with them, ROTFL, I'm dying forreal 

I just found it funny how AvelCain street team (fuck yeah) YouTube got deleted. I guess AvelCain wasn't fucking with them. ROTFL, I'm dying, for real.

Good Fucking Riddance to them! They were just a bullshit repost account. Seriously, they'd take videos already uploaded to the label/band's OFFICIAL channel, re-upload them, and then people would embed those reposts on MH, and said reposts would get more views.

Good Fucking Riddance to them! They were just a bullshit repost account. Seriously, they'd take videos already uploaded to the label/band's OFFICIAL channel, re-upload them, and then people would embed those reposts on MH, and said reposts would get more views.

Karma then?

avelcain are slowly flopping and it kills me to say that but thats it. i dont know why mgmt is letting them write their own songs becaue everything they've written in the past year outside of beni is awful. they sound like a rushed imitation of eve's style or just heavy songs for the sake of pulling hair at lives. the band aren't good song writers, i didn't like hebi to ubume which they mostly wrote and i don't want their style to go back to that--but even then that is miles better than the shit they've been writing lately. also on the flipside eve's kind of losing his polish, the songs are sounding a little cluttered and repetitive. yomigaeri is an awesome song tho.maybe im paranoid, but i've just been noticing their sound just isnt the same as the avelcain i fell in love with before omajinai. am i the only one? whats ur thoughts

^ Add me among the disillusioned but I reckon not for the same reasons.

I just can't decide whether I'd rank them as a great band or a great b-tier band. I'm just waiting for that next release to get them to the next level and it just doesn't happen. I've gotten used to their - quite frankly - awful sterile guitar sound, generally like most of the songs and think there's a pair of hits in there too. Yet the unshakable feeling of 'I like them because what else is there right now' permeates like a pitch black cloud over me whenever I put them on. Sometimes I just want to like bands with a good image more than I actually do. 

Slightly off the topic of conversation, but would it be too much to ask if these dark bands with self-mutilating front men would fucking lay off the studio polish that makes them sound like an angry royz?  Maybe say... Grieva, instead of doing some gaudy VHS aesthetic gimmick for PV, they'd instead actually rock that casette hiss or something, anything that's fucking different. God I sure wish that this kind of visual kei had more to offer than black clothes and the vocalist barking "AY! AY!" every verse to differentiate itself from the general sound.

I fucking loved 蛇と姑獲鳥 (and b-sides; fight me!!), thought 紅-べに- was nice, and 影 was pretty damn cool, so I got no problem with the band members composing music. I also like most of what eve has composed and I love the hell out of おまじない and S/T, although some material (mostly single b-sides) sound kind of same-y, so a part of me kind of worries that his material might get stale in the future.

Also, I want them to just fucking make a second album already!

*throws a fist at u*

i think we discussed this once in chat (R.I.P.), and im still genuinely surprised that people like those undercooked songs but at least someone's enjoying it more than me LOLOL

+1 on the second album COME THRUUUU

What's the history with avelcain and eve? I guess you're talking about the eve of Lycaon?

I'm fairly new fan of avelcain so I have absolutely no problem with their current state. At first I felt like avelcain was just a really good b-tier vk band, but slowly they became one of my all time favourite acts. I agree that their guitar work isn't very versatile, but that's why their heavier emphasis on melodies as of late is welcome imo. Karma is the main reason I like them so much and he has yet to dissapoint me.

Oh and +1 for the new album!

What's the history with avelcain and eve? I guess you're talking about the eve of Lycaon?

Yes he used to be their support drummer before Byou joine.

idk if it's just me but I feel like Wana has liiiiightly something of Lycaon (suckin on a lollipop in special)? one more reason to like it tho & Yomigaeri sounds fucking awesome imo

but idk what to do with otogirisou...

i guess i wasn't the only one who thought of suckin on a lollipop lol. karma says 'kill me' instead of 'kiss me', a tribute?

i really like yomigaeri, but not so much the b-sides. i prefer otogirisou more than wana though, despite being a little short and seemingly incomplete or rushed.

I just listened to their new singles on youtube and the sound better than I was expecting. I even liked the full version of "Moon," when originally I didn't think I'd like it at all.

"Wana" was kinda lame though, and I tend to dislike ballads in general, so "yakouchuu" was just ehh.

idk if it's just me but I feel like Wana has liiiiightly something of Lycaon (suckin on a lollipop in special)? one more reason to like it tho

ahhhh nooooooo not even lightly. It gives me dezert vibes and pulling from Zange, kamoku naru kimi ni... from their first single.

as for them in general their strongest stuff is gesshoku and the 2nd addition of their first mini. back then i would throw down with bitch over them.