blackdoll

AvelCain

Don't ignore the b-sides XDDD

X10,000,000,000 :D

I LOVE this single, so much! It's perfect! It definitely ramps up my expectations for future releases (言の葉, and hopefully a new album may come later next year?).

I fucking love AvelCain's comment videos although they look so emitonless beside the other bands it's just hilarious to see how Zen is always trying to hold back but he can't !! XD he either looks to the side or back to Kaede and well for Kaede he can hide it pretty good and Karma is just killer with his emotions Idk how he can be so quite when they do a comment video with THE GALLO

BUT REIGN did it and even Karma has to laugh *-* (at least it looks like it to me)

but seriously what are they talking about? horror storys?

5:21 lol Zen you screwed up..  wait Karma you're laugh- NOOO don't hide it !!!! someone take his fucking fan and let me see him laugh?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKKLv7YYKo

I had the same thought, Otegami sounds to me like watered-down sections and fragments of previously released songs. It isn't bad but it's easily the weakest on the single.

I also agree that BELIEVE is a truly amazing song that I cannot stop listening to, BUT I also love the other two songs.

Also, I'm guessing BELIEVE is a more optimistic sounding song, judging from karma's tweets (translated by fuckyeah-avelcain)? The song also sort of feels like a followup (or epilogue) to Shinigeshou.

IMO, this single is tied with 妖の匣, which both rank above 夏の終.

Otegami feels a little too long, but I do like it - they could have easily cut a minute off.

I do kind of agree, they could have taken out the last 30 seconds. Every time I hear that song and reach ~4:38, it sounds like it's over but then that last part kicks in and I'm just thinking, "was that really necessary?"

Did their origami distro ever surface? Or am I confusing that with otegami?

You're confusing it with Otegami. The Origami single has yet to surface. :/

Starting to appreciate Ga more as well, I know I would KILL to hear it live, but it starts off heavier than any song they have done so far I think.

I would also love for us to find Origami XD

I was quite bored several months ago and made a collage cover for the band's self-titled album:

avelcain___avelcain_by_macabre_666-d86it

Not sure why I waited so long to upload it...

I was gonna re-do it, get more pictures and make sure there was an even amount for each member, but that was around the time that karma cut himself and I though, "...yeah, I don't wanna scroll past that image again." :lol:

well cheers to a new distinction from Lycaon that gallo cover wasn't all that, where as Lycaon always murders it raping the original, making the song belong to them. So basicly avelcain is limited in adaptability. going backward it seem like for a momment karma was trying to do yuuki's 2011-present scream. I did like the effect put on the "welcome to my freya."

the gallo's cover was better, the only thing was the singing got awkward with the way he does the sqeak in his notes. love the energy and effort.

and is it "My name is blake" ?

Ha, I thought the same thing when listening to the Gallo version the first time! Like, 'ok, hi Blake'

It's "My name is (the) plague" lyrics

right their accent but thats even cooler. thanks for the info

I think AvelCain is just amazing. I look over the vocals and atmosphere especially. And they really are have a wide range of musical influence. The first song that got me into them was 猫又. It's just really a wonderfully composed song.

So I had a small interest in listening to AvelCain after sampling their single Psycho, but nothing that made me jump to explore them more.  So yesterday, on a whim, I listened to the eponymous debut and LOVED it!  I am now wishing I took more time to listen to this band - their sound reminds me of Lycaon in the best of ways, and they have earned a new fan for the sound they were able to capture in their album.

they have earned a new fan for the sound they were able to capture in their album.

Alright, another convert!

I think AvelCain just killed it in 2014. (I mean, obviously I'm a bit obsessed at the moment)

I admire their consistency since Eve joined as their producer/songwriter. They've definitely established a sound that is unique enough that you could pick them out of a line-up. They released like 20 new songs last year, and while none are stand out candidates for my personal list of "top 10 songs ever", I also don't think I outright dislike a single one. That kind of return on investment in VK is very rare.

I recently learned that eve didn't compose any of the songs from the 蛇と姑獲鳥 single.

I guess he took on composition duties as of the 月蝕 single.

蜷局 - xxxxx

蛇と姑獲鳥 - 霞-kasumi-

懺悔、寡黙ナル君ニ••• - 楓-kaede-

籠目歌ノ呪縛 - 霞-kasumi-

×月×日、××××× - xxxxx

source: music-book.jp

Also, 籠目歌ノ呪縛 is one of my absolute favourites from this band.