blackdoll

AvelCain

I liked them too from the beginning with arrow of the light which he sounded like yuuki. Its not as deep as he was 蛇と姑獲鳥. still i think karma was always singing in the way yuuki' s does cause it still had that feel to it. also they are friends in life too, but idk iff that has anything to do with it. and i like his soft side too i think it wouldn't fit with that single but the others yeah it works.

I thought that too at first but if you really listen there is a clear difference. Lycaon was more uniqe while avelcain is more basic. plus avelcain has this old school thing going on. Lycaon had that solid sound in their metal(i dont know how to describe it) avelcain not so much. also since some avelcain's songs are not that hard you could compare them with Lycaon now since they have their harder moments.

agree x100!

You said it pretty much, avelcain has old vk style, lycaon *USED TO* have a metal sound, lycaon lost it though, and instead have songs filled with moans and electronic edits, and singing that I guess is supposed to sound sexy

I think yuuki's old voice was good, now he's just trying too hard to sound sexy with all these electronic and jazz edits, drums sounding non-existent.

Karma's voice is way better imo, unless yuuki can sing like how he did before. Maybe I like avelcain way better is because

I don't like lycaon's (or am not mesmerized) by lycaon's sex appeal. I don't like sex appeal usually (but I do like Mejibray, even though they have sex appeal, but that's a whole different story)

agree x100!

You said it pretty much, avelcain has old vk style, lycaon *USED TO* have a metal sound, lycaon lost it though, and instead have songs filled with moans and electronic edits, and singing that I guess is supposed to sound sexy

I think yuuki's old voice was good, now he's just trying too hard to sound sexy with all these electronic and jazz edits, drums sounding non-existent.

Karma's voice is way better imo, unless yuuki can sing like how he did before. Maybe I like avelcain way better is because

I don't like lycaon's (or am not mesmerized) by lycaon's sex appeal. I don't like sex appeal usually (but I do like Mejibray, even though they have sex appeal, but that's a whole different story)

you lost me in the last part. cause their is still some old Lycaon in them, which i good because i dont like band or new bands that forget their roots. and they've showed that with Pink milk, mary, jesus, rose, uragi no b*something*, ect. yeah put from the interview i read it seems he did change his voice to be eroctic which fits the music but i just hear love. and the moans  are not everything he still sings most.

I love yuuki voice still because its still has the same effect on me, just out off this world. i admit sometimes i wonder if its the same vocalist, lol. but and i can he the drums good. and even with all the sounds going on yuuki's still  the spotlight.

karma is great but Yuuki (talking after style change but really both) has done a lot more his singing because the band has done alot going from one type of song o anther even on a single release. Plus yuuki's emotional depth is massive compared to karma's. and yuuki and the song always fit, karma messed up a few times. yuuki knows when to do this that and that. its like yuuki can do anything while karma no. Yuuki's singing from the soul sparking warmth, love, fun, and sometimes yes it's sexy(really bringing life into his singing). oh yeah karma screams are basic and not unique like yuuki's. I know I'm the only one that probably hears  how truly valuable Yuuki and Lycaon are.

somehow i just cant get into them that much as i would like too :s yeah they've got all things i like: old school inspired sound, darkish look, crappy vocaliist. but damn eveytime i here his clean singing it just sounds... wrong? indeed, it sounds like yuuki's vocal, but it doesn't fit their music, imo.

Karma modeling, i think he did a good job of staying in character. Hiyuu sucked though, tried way to hard. should have been Yuuki-sama out there with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxqIA6645k

Karma modeling, i think he did a good job of staying in character. Hiyuu sucked though, tried way to hard. should have been Yuuki-sama out there with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxqIA6645k

Thanks to this video I found out about AvelCain and the first song I listened to by them was Psycho

I liked it right from the start and love their Album アベルカイン *-* I look forward to their new releases natsu no owari, ayakashi no hako and  koto no ha :)

I was actually kind of excited for them at first, but somewhere I guess i forgot to look in to them more. xD any suggestions?

Start with their album imo (tho they don't really have that much stuff to begin with xD).

That's true. I think they'll go far and I hope that their new releases will be a success

I've been listening to them more lately. At the beginning I couldn't stand Karma's voice either, but it started to grow on me. His voice sure has some similarity with Yuuki's, but Karma's singing style is still very different. I wouldn't call the band old school though, as they remind me more of the typical 2002 upwards Nagoya kei stuff. Except we tag everything from before 2007 as old school now. 2004-2006 was the time I was getting into VK, so AvelCain's sound is pretty familiar for me and I really like it. (I blame the Nostalgia factor)

They find a good balance between heavyness, aggressiveness, melody and gloom. I tend to like their fucked up crazy and chaotic songs, i really enjoy when Karma's blabbering perverse things, laughs and screams. You know already, I am the kind of person who likes the batshit insane side of VK. So their band concept is pretty appealing too. It made me laugh however, when some people on tumblr shit their pants because Karma sings about slitting his wrists. Sure, he does some questionable stuff (such as cutting his wrists and showing pics online), but well… I guess some other artists perfomances must be the apocalypse (Throbbing gristle, anyone?). So yeah, a pretty fine and interesting band.

^nicely put. i'll just add their voices are very different too.

I just noticed that Karmas & Harus (SCAPEGOAT) make-up/hair looks quite similar on these pictures

-almost same contact lenses

-same labret piercing

-black 'panda' eyes with red eye shadow below

-straight pony with a gap on the left side

the only differences are Karma's red lipstick, Harus bloodspattered face & Karmas dragon tails

btw this doesn't mean I dislike it

large.jpg

large.jpg

LOL Yes, Shir0 my first thought when I saw Haru(Scapegoat)'s new look..

"Hey, he kinda looks like a manlier Karma"...

*less hotter karma

Less hot* Karma lol but yeah that too

The new single is pretty sick sounding I think it's better than Natsu no Owari, but they sound like they belong in a series like this .

I do like Avelcain they are more basic and old school. I haven't heard the new stuff just yet so I can't judge it upon that. Eve is their sound producer or director don't know which one it is just yet, but I would give their new music a listen sometime soon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS3HzbUimwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3e-CzGw_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Pp_OzIpsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1EHJurkHIo

new single didn't see it posted between all the old stuff being up

Edited by blackdoll

^ Just got round to listening to it (and the one before), this single trilogy thingie is shaping up to be pretty badass. They seem to have really found a style of their own. :)